Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 17 - TACO BOWL XVII POSTED!)

UCOSVKu.png

Added overall rankings to the list as well. Note that there have been 328 teams total.

Some things of note:

• @khodder finishes with the 6th highest pwny in history, while @RuskieTitan and @Scalamania both finish in the top 25
  • @RuskieTitan and @Tk3 both feature top 20 all-time offenses. Expect a shootout in their playoff game
  • @khodder has the 4th highest point differential in history, while @RuskieTitan finishes 16th and @Scalamania 23rd
  • @RuskieTitan finishes with the 6th most unlucky team of all time
  • @pwny finishes with the 6th luckiest team of all time.
    • Though I think this is more tied to how I decided to tank than actual luck.
  • Two teams in the playoffs don't check the boxes needed to be title contenders
    • This doesn't mean that they can't win a game in the playoffs, so don't @ me if one does. It means they don't have the mix to win 3 straight in the playoffs
  • @waffles7 finishes with a PWNY higher than three playoff teams, TWO of which are in his own division.
  • @EaglesPeteC and @swoosh finish 8th and 9th worst all-time in Pwny, and 9th and 17th worst in point differential.
  • @swoosh finishes with the third worst offense of all time

4 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Second best team in the league.

Can't even win my own division.

6th unluckiest of all time.

Fitting.

If it makes you feel any better, I’m 4-4 at home but 7-1 on the road

So jokes on me I guess

10 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Second best team in the league.

Can't even win my own division.

6th unluckiest of all time.

Fitting.

I wish I had some better news for you and to tell you that unlucky teams get their luck in the playoffs, but none of the top 10 unluckiest teams won the title, despite 9 of them having checked the boxes needs to qualify as a contender. The #11 (so I guess technically #10 before you) and #30 teams did, but then you need to jump all the way down to 61 (your S6 team, with only a -1.382 luck) to find another.

WF6cyll.png

Three of the top 10. Woof.

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

I wish I had some better news for you and to tell you that unlucky teams get their luck in the playoffs, but none of the top 10 unluckiest teams won the title, despite 9 of them having checked the boxes needs to qualify as a contender. The #11 (so I guess technically #10 before you) and #30 teams did, but then you need to jump all the way down to 61 (your S6 team, with only a -1.382 luck) to find another.

WF6cyll.png

The most obvious thing that stands out about the #11 team that most of the teams in the top 10 don't is that most of the time , "unlucky teams" are a wildcard and thus their path to the championship game is harder (if for no other reason than likely having to win two road games to even get there). Playoffs are naturally weighted against the lower seeds; and thus being unlucky in the regular season does disadvantage that team in the playoffs even if they make it.

13 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

The most obvious thing that stands out about the #11 team that most of the teams in the top 10 don't is that most of the time , "unlucky teams" are a wildcard and thus their path to the championship game is harder (if for no other reason than likely having to win two road games to even get there). Playoffs are naturally weighted against the lower seeds; and thus being unlucky in the regular season does disadvantage that team in the playoffs even if they make it.

I’m not 100% sure I agree with this... I’m a little more of a subscriber to the playoffs being more of a crapshoot (maybe just an emotional reaction to being on the wrong side of more playoff upsets than the right side)

When dealing with playoff type teams, even a strong favorite is probably only a 60/40 or slightly better

Its not like being the 2 seed would have given him 70% odds and the 3 seed gives him 30% odds

3 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I’m not 100% sure I agree with this... I’m a little more of a subscriber to the playoffs being more of a crapshoot (maybe just an emotional reaction to being on the wrong side of more playoff upsets than the right side)

When dealing with playoff type teams, even a strong favorite is probably only a 60/40 or slightly better

Its not like being the 2 seed would have given him 70% odds and the 3 seed gives him 30% odds

Oh for sure. No matter how good any one team is, three straight wins versus quality opponents is a tall order. Even the absolute favorite to win the chip most years probably has no better than 25 percent chance to actually come out on top. Having to do it mostly on the road makes it even harder.

Expected Keepers

• Jared Goff - 1
  • Julio Jones - 4
  • Michael Thomas Jr - 7
  • Jason Kelce - 8
  • Sheldon Rankins - 9
  • Darius Slay - 12
  • Harrison Smith - 14
  • Tyrann Mathieu - 16

Trade Block

• 4 tags
  • Matthew Stafford
  • Jason Kelce (1 tag extra if traded)
  • Sheldon Rankins (1 tag extra if traded)
  • Danny Trevathan
  • Darius Slay
  • Tyrann Mathieu
  • Harrison Smith

Matthew Stafford [16 GS]: 316/520 (60.77%, 93.08 Rating) for 4,076 yards, 27 touchdowns, 12 interceptions. 15 carries for 34 yards (2.27 YPC, 9 LNG), 0 touchdowns, 6 fumbles.

• When put in a low aggro offense: [9GS]: 183/298 (61.41%, 97.93 Rating) for 2515 yards, 16 touchdowns, 6 interceptions

Jason Kelce [16 GS]: 21 pancakes, 3 sacks allowed, 2 stuffs allowed.

Brandon M. Marshall [16 GS]: 97 tackles (10 stuffs), 13 coverages, 3 sacks, 1 interception, 1 forced fumble, 1 recovery.

Danny Trevathan [16 GS]: 99 tackles (12 stuffs), 7 coverages, 4 sacks, 2 interceptions, 2 forced fumbles.

Tyrann Mathieu [16 GS]: 90 tackles (1 stuff), 20 coverages, 1 sack, 5 interceptions, 2 forced fumbles, 2 recoveries, 1 touchdown.

Let's talk trades. I'm interested in Picks, and maybe a RB or EDGE.

47 minutes ago, pwny said:

WF6cyll.png

I absolutely do not hold any illusion that my luck will somehow flip or switch. Heck I don't think I make it past the first round, and even if I somehow do, both Tacoma and Hanoi have beaten me before this season, so I'm not holding my breath. Just going to enjoy this ride for as long as it lasts.

At least I can blame my luck more than any other franchise haha

Archived