Jump to content
Totty

Around The League V.2

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Williams is already 30 though. We're getting younger and cheaper overall. Miller certainly can make a big leap. I think we'll see him play better than he did pre injury last year, which could be pretty good. He did a solid job on Garrett before his knee got hurt.

I hope he makes a leap this year but Williams and Brown as bookends for 2 years sounds ideal to me.  Carr would have all day to throw.  Go from 2.5 seconds to 5 in one off-season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I hope he makes a leap this year but Williams and Brown as bookends for 2 years sounds ideal to me.  Carr would have all day to throw.  Go from 2.5 seconds to 5 in one off-season.

I wouldn't be down. We have to eat his salary, give up premium draft picks, and essentially throw in the towel on Miller after 1 injury-riddled rookie year. Sounds like a bad idea for a team NOT READY TO COMPETE RIGHT NOW.

It's the same reason I wouldn't advocate trading for Clowney or another edge.

Edited by MrOaktown_56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Wentz got paid, where does that put Carr’s price tag at now in the QB pay ranks? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

So Wentz got paid, where does that put Carr’s price tag at now in the QB pay ranks? 

We will have that answer at the end of the year. Either way, we have him under contract until 2022 from what I've read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Chali21 said:

So Wentz got paid, where does that put Carr’s price tag at now in the QB pay ranks? 

For Qbs -

7th in total contract value w/$125mil
9th in avg salary w/ $25mil
14th in $  guaranteed at signing w/ $40mil
10th in total guaranteed $ w/ $70mil

Next year he'll be bumped down 2 more spots in each category when Mahomes and Watson get paid. Just the way the NFL works.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 2:20 PM, NightTrainLane said:

For Qbs -

7th in total contract value w/$125mil
9th in avg salary w/ $25mil
14th in $  guaranteed at signing w/ $40mil
10th in total guaranteed $ w/ $70mil

Next year he'll be bumped down 2 more spots in each category when Mahomes and Watson get paid. Just the way the NFL works.

 

And that’s why i don’t care about salaries for QBs. Honestly with the cap going up every year paying a qb isn’t that bad and after a few years it looks like your QB is playing at a bargain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

 

I know a lot of players set unrealistic goals, but this just makes him sound like he has no clue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, true2form said:

I know a lot of players set unrealistic goals, but this just makes him sound like he has no clue.

Considering he averaged 40ish yards and had 1 TD in 7 of his 9 games in Dallas last year....  Yeah the guy is clearly clueless.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Considering he averaged 40ish yards and had 1 TD in 7 of his 9 games in Dallas last year....  Yeah the guy is clearly clueless.  

He always has and always will be the ultimate boom/bust player. He will look like an all-time great one week then a complete ghost the next. I've never seen anything like it.

I think he tops 1,000 and 6-8 TD's which is good, but helllllllllll no to anything close to 2,000 haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He always has and always will be the ultimate boom/bust player. He will look like an all-time great one week then a complete ghost the next. I've never seen anything like it.

I think he tops 1,000 and 6-8 TD's which is good, but helllllllllll no to anything close to 2,000 haha.

You're exactly right and I think he will top 1k and 6-8 TD's, Meh...  He plays soft, has 1 big week and takes a few off.  That is certainly not elite type of play or a legit 1 for that matter.   We will look back and have fleeced the Cowgirls for a first for a Houdini of a WR about to get paid as if he is one of the best in football.  17 million a year for cooper is downright laughable.  Good riddance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he goes for 1200 8-9 tds. But cowboys really don't have anyone else to take heat off him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He always has and always will be the ultimate boom/bust player. He will look like an all-time great one week then a complete ghost the next. I've never seen anything like it.

I think he tops 1,000 and 6-8 TD's which is good, but helllllllllll no to anything close to 2,000 haha.

I know I pull for him more than most here but he had over 1K and 7 TDs last year while being ignored in Oakland and having no chemistry with Dak.  I think he is easily more efficient than AB next year and could easily beat him in overall stats.  1200 yds and 10+ TDs is my low end projection for him next year if they stay healthy.  If he gets 150 targets he could easily lead the league in multiple positive categories.  He is a top ten WR next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, roi34 said:

I think he goes for 1200 8-9 tds. But cowboys really don't have anyone else to take heat off him.

He does not need much help on the other side.  2019 we should see what we thought Cooper could be and I if so he will take a few shots at Carr.  I like how people bring up Carr's 2016 year but completely forget that Cooper was put up all time great numbers for WRs in their first two years then Carr stopped looking for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2019 at 3:43 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

You're exactly right and I think he will top 1k and 6-8 TD's, Meh...  He plays soft, has 1 big week and takes a few off.  That is certainly not elite type of play or a legit 1 for that matter.   We will look back and have fleeced the Cowgirls for a first for a Houdini of a WR about to get paid as if he is one of the best in football.  17 million a year for cooper is downright laughable.  Good riddance.

And 25 mill per year is laughable for a QB who has been hot trash 3 out his 5 years in the league, but I dont see you hating on Carr's money.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×