Around The League V.2

Totty

9 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I feel like Smith did much dumber stuff

He did for sure but the NFL also wants the Pats to be good, so they get more leniency when it comes to subjective decisions by the NFL . 

The better they are the more money the league makes.  People will watch them to see them win and will watch hoping they lose, either way they watch the Pats.  

Gordon is one of the top WR's in the NFL when healthy.  Once he gets up to speed he should be Bradys top deep threat.  

If he's out there on your fantasy WW, pick him up. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

34 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I feel like Smith did much dumber stuff

At one time, yes. But then was not given a chance at reinstatement after a year suspension basically because he videoed himself smoking weed. Josh Gordon has had way more suspensions but gets reinstated.

It's all relative about what is dumber too...the whole system is a joke.

1 hour ago, justwinbaby81 said:

At one time, yes. But then was not given a chance at reinstatement after a year suspension basically because he videoed himself smoking weed. Josh Gordon has had way more suspensions but gets reinstated.

It's all relative about what is dumber too...the whole system is a joke.

Aldon Smith: Numerous  DUIs, assault weapons charges, assault, failure to obey restraining order, domestic violence. Wiki

Josh Gordon: Smoking weed.

Respectfully disagree. In some cases, it is relative, but I don't think so in this one. With that being said, it really could have helped Aldon to be around teammates and coaches more often.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Aldon Smith: Numerous  DUIs, assault weapons charges, assault, failure to obey restraining order, domestic violence. Wiki

Josh Gordon: Smoking weed.

Respectfully disagree. In some cases, it is relative, but I don't think so in this one. With that being said, it really could have helped Aldon to be around teammates and coaches more often.

Again--most that you listed are irrelevant because half of those things happened years after he wasn't allowed to be reinstated (or several years before while with the niners). He wasn't kept out for things that happened in 2017/2019 when he tried to be reinstated in 2016 haha.

Between his suspension and years of trying to get reinstated he didnt really do anything. One could make the argument that some of the bad things that he has done since being banned from the league may not have happened if he was allowed in a locker room environment--McKenzie tried to make that argument when Smith was in limbo.

1 hour ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Again--most that you listed are irrelevant because half of those things happened years after he wasn't allowed to be reinstated (or several years before while with the niners). He wasn't kept out for things that happened in 2017/2019 when he tried to be reinstated in 2016 haha.

Between his suspension and years of trying to get reinstated he didnt really do anything. One could make the argument that some of the bad things that he has done since being banned from the league may not have happened if he was allowed in a locker room environment--McKenzie tried to make that argument when Smith was in limbo.

I don’t understand how it’s legal for your employer to tell you not to drink on your private time?

I mean as long as you’re not breaking the law you can do whatever you want 

9 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

I said he did dumber stuff than Gordon. I'm not trying to get lost in the weeds of deciphering NFL punishments beyond saying harsher punishments for harsher stuff lol. But there is a point to be made about the NFL being able to be a positive environment to help players straighten out.

After watching the Rams vs us week one and then watching them again last week vs the Cowboys, I think Dakota Allen is going to emerge as a REAL star. I LOVED the kid coming out of Tech (I loved him on Last Chance U, while I HATED Ollie). I was impressed with him as Red Shirt Freshman. I thought he had the right attitude through the show, and he went back to Tech and had 2 more productive seasons. 

I love the kids instincts, he isn't a burner but he can definitely fill the hole and player numbers to numbers. I thought we should have drafted him and developed him behind Burfict. I think he is a better player then Lee, Cabinda, and Morrow. 

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

After watching the Rams vs us week one and then watching them again last week vs the Cowboys, I think Dakota Allen is going to emerge as a REAL star. I LOVED the kid coming out of Tech (I loved him on Last Chance U, while I HATED Ollie). I was impressed with him as Red Shirt Freshman. I thought he had the right attitude through the show, and he went back to Tech and had 2 more productive seasons. 

I love the kids instincts, he isn't a burner but he can definitely fill the hole and player numbers to numbers. I thought we should have drafted him and developed him behind Burfict. I think he is a better player then Lee, Cabinda, and Morrow. 

I completely agree with that. Ollie was a loafer. I didn’t understand the love he got. Allen though, he put in the work and actually got back to TT. I love his character and abilities. He could be a good player for years to come. 

On 8/14/2019 at 1:35 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

I could care less about Cooper and I am glad he is gone.  He's going to command a ton of money, which I clearly don't get...

The only things he has on AB is age, other than that Cooper is worse in every aspect of football.  

He's taller

On 8/17/2019 at 4:45 AM, Bitty 2.0 said:

I don’t understand how it’s legal for your employer to tell you not to drink on your private time?

Drinking lead him to break the law, he had a drinking problem

On 8/17/2019 at 4:45 AM, Bitty 2.0 said:

It is different when you willingly sign a contract.  They can do anything as long as you agree to it for compensation and it is not illegal. You want to pay me to make that kind of money and tell me I can not do drugs no matter if they are legal I will happily sign that contract.  Teams put all types of activities that players can not do in contracts that are perfectly legal.  Remember that playing in the NFL or even working is a privilege not a right.

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

He's taller

Haha another bitter Cooper homer that thought he was the next coming of Rice...  Wrong.

I've never said that height is all it takes to be elite but it sure does help.  AB is an exception as he woks tirelessly at his craft, something Cooper has never done.  

Cooper is soft, doesn't excel at deep balls and disappears for games on end.  

In Cooper's 7 out of 9 games with Dallas he averaged 43 yrd's per game and .14 TD's a game    #elite

Just admit you have 0 clue on how to evaluate talent, think for yourself and all you do is regurgitate what the media vomits all over you.  Cooper is elite bc the media says he is LOL 

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Haha another bitter Cooper homer that thought he was the next coming of Rice...  Wrong.

I've never said that height is all it takes to be elite but it sure does help.  AB is an exception as he woks tirelessly at his craft, something Cooper has never done.  

In Cooper's 7 out of 9 games with Dallas he averaged 43 yrd's per game and .14 TD's a game    #elite

Just admit you have 0 clue on how to evaluate talent, think for yourself and all you do is regurgitate what the media vomits all over you.  Cooper is elite bc the media says he is LOL 

I remember hearing how smooth he was.  Was compared to Reggie Wayne.

58 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Dude I never said Cooper was elite ever, even the media doesn't think that so I can't regurgitate that, but your only  argument was he's not a 6'4 elite x WR even tho his numbers were the same or better than guys you consider Elite at the same point in their careers, I said can we let him develop then you bring up Julio Jones and Megatron and when people pointed out the majority of good receivers are shorter like Antonio Brown you came up with some other BS.  After Cooper had a solid 2nd season that's when you moved the goal post and said well he won't be an Elite X like Megatron or Julio Jones , you literally had to wait 3 seasons to try and make yourself feel good about hating on Cooper.

By the way where is Dorial Green-Beckham?

Edited by raidr4life