Around The League V.2

Totty

8 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I just read we released Doug Martin.  Washington is younger and has played well during the pre season.  Jacobs time!!!!

Underrated move right here. Doug Martin is the epitome of mediocre these days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

The need really isn’t there but I would love for the Raiders to go after Josh Jones. The idea of moving him to LB was out there. Raiders can play him in big nickle. 

Josh Jones was a beneficiary of the underwear olympics.

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Dolphins cut TJ McDonlad and put R.Jones and K.Stills on the trade block. Full tank mode engaged. 

I heard they may even trade Tunsil. What a mess. They are all in on Tua.

Edit: Raekwon Mcmillan as well.

Edited by RaidersAreOne

On 25/08/2019 at 7:05 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

From a fan perspective really sad to see Luck retire as he's simply a great player and competitor whom I love to watch play.........seems like a genuine guy too who put his all out there for the team. From a Raiders perspective our schedule just got easier and the AFC as a whole got more interesting with the AFC South favourites losing their most important part and best player, that division is really open now though I guess the Texans would be favourites. Maybe an extra wildcard space has opened up for an AFC West team?!?!?!?!?

On 25/08/2019 at 6:52 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Sounds like a Clowney trade is expected in the next couple days. Would love the player but the cost of acquisition and his eventual contract is gonna be dumb.

I could be wrong but I believe that Clowney is Franchise tagged and that teams couldn't attempt to extend him or offer him a new contract until the end of the season which will obviously reduce his asking price for any trade. If we could trade for him for a 2nd round pick would people do it? I certainly wouldn't for a 1st but a 2nd would be around that value that made it very interesting, he looks like the prototypical DE for Paul Guenthers system.

7 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I could be wrong but I believe that Clowney is Franchise tagged and that teams couldn't attempt to extend him or offer him a new contract until the end of the season which will obviously reduce his asking price for any trade. If we could trade for him for a 2nd round pick would people do it? I certainly wouldn't for a 1st but a 2nd would be around that value that made it very interesting, he looks like the prototypical DE for Paul Guenthers system.

He wants D.Lawrence money...I say pass...

Clowney getting traded to the Dolphins would be hilarious. His name carries more weight than his play on the field. He’s elite against the run, but just haven’t seen the pass rusher part that you expected when he was coming out. 

Him on the Eagles would be scary because of the talent they already have on the defensive line. 

8 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Except we would look like fools if he wants Khalil Mack money when we could have had Khalil Mack.