Around The League V.2

Totty

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Except we would look like fools if he wants Khalil Mack money when we could have had Khalil Mack.

That's my worry. He deserves Dee Ford trade/money but because we traded Mack Houston's 'GM' (nobody) will think Hue Jackson's still here and ask Carson Palmer/Mack picks and The Clown's agent wanting to break Mack's deal because he was drafted before Mack. Oh the insanity of it. LOL

I would trade our 1st round pick with the stipulation that it's the 2nd of the two. Nothing set in stone, so if Bears and us made the playoffs it's in the 20's. If both teams lost all their games it's #2 instead of #1.  LOL I laff but...the face palm and a dohhh...

3 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Except we would look like fools if he wants Khalil Mack money when we could have had Khalil Mack.

True it wouldn't be great PR :$ but we'd have basically swapped Mack and 2 1sts for Clowney and 2 2nd round picks plus a couple milllion. As we have basically a wing and a prayer at pass rush for now I wouldn't be totally against that kind of deal, especially as I think Clowney is a perfect fit for our system, and that's coming from someone who absolutely despised the Mack trade!

19 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I think Clowney is a perfect fit for our system, and that's coming from someone who absolutely despised the Mack trade!

Agree 100% and it would be a PR nightmare but it’s about ‘now’ and fixing a mistake as best one can. Of course it wouldn’t happen if Gruden thinks it’s him admitting he made a mistake trading Mack.  Despised is a good word. It’s turned me against the team “love” and I turned down free tickets/tailgate (opening night) because I’m still bitter  so don’t need that vibe at the game. Just WIN baby. Just WIN!

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Rookie Rodney Anderson tore his ACL last night. Same injury that he had last year at Oklahoma. Feel bad for the kid. Can’t imagine the feeling of working by your way back and having the same injury happen again. 

Yea the dude has ligaments made of spaghetti. Super sad because his talent is incredible.

1 hour ago, G said:

Agree 100% and it would be a PR nightmare but it’s about ‘now’ and fixing a mistake as best one can. Of course it wouldn’t happen if Gruden thinks it’s him admitting he made a mistake trading Mack.  Despised is a good word. It’s turned me against the team “love” and I turned down free tickets/tailgate (opening night) because I’m still bitter  so don’t need that vibe at the game. Just WIN baby. Just WIN!

What? He a 3-4 OLB not a 4-3 DE.

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

What? He a 3-4 OLB not a 4-3 DE.

Mack was a LB and Clowney  was a DE coming out but teams put players in their system. Houston runs a 3-4 Clowney  always looked like a DE for a 4-3. I think he’d be better in a 4-3 than 3-4 and could add a few lbs back without losing speed or athleticism. He was injured a lot early in his career and I think you give him a Dee Ford base with incentives to reach DLaws and I think he’d be outstanding. Problem is he probably doesn’t want to move to the Bay Area for a year and then Vegas. Contract wise he’d be set playing with the tag and then getting paid with Nevada taxes but... We haven’t been rumored and that’s surprising with our needs.

• Like 1

The thing about the Mack trade that bothered me the most, besides trading Mack, was the 2nd round pick we gave back.  We could have played the teams against each other (Bears, 49ers, and Jets) and kept the 2nd.  When I found out how RM handled the situation I was good with moving on from him.  I was a big supporter of his on this site.  If the Texans want a 2nd for Clowney I would have been more than happy to trade Mack and a 2nd for Clowney and 2 1st round picks.  That is with Clowney making DLaw money.  I do not think anyone would say we lose that trade.

• Like 2