Around The League V.2

Totty

2 hours ago, G said:

The Seattle conversation below about not paying Clark but paying Clowney is because Clowney's value is really low right now. I'd offer our Bears 3rd for a one year rental and tell him he's playing DE and will be franchise adjusted accordingly. Then tell him we will transition tag to match but if he walks we'd get a 3rd comp pick most likely. A verbal agreement would be enough for me and it gives Houston another option than giving him what he wants with Philly or Seattle. Now so say what if he doesn't show up?!? 3rd for Bryant last season?!? Come on, we throw 3rds around like they're nothing already so why stop.  LOL

Well...A 3rd and Cowser may have done it. LOL Seattle steal with Clowney...We should have at least jumped into the conversation but...moving on...

PS Mack was on 5th year option so he could sign a new deal. Be careful with franchise tags... :ph34r:

Edited by G

5 hours ago, dante9876 said:

But he has played plenty of de in a 3 point stance for houston. He is listed at olb by name. Watch how they actually use him. They move him around alot but he is stout against run and has played de as a pass rusher to. So it wont be putting him in a spot he hasnt touched since college. 

Exactly. I saw a tweet to an article talking about how he played far more snaps at DE according to PFF and the NFL but since he played some LB snaps the Texans could use that position on him for the tag to save 1.6mil or something. Seems crazy to me to nickel and diming a really good player like that when you know he is gonna be pissed by it. They called his bluff and now he is calling theirs. All that said, I know we had room to fit him in the cap before the Hudson deal (16-19mil in space in the top 51) but I don't think we do know unless they worked some cap magic.

Edit - moot point now obviously.

Edited by NightTrainLane

I wouldn’t mind taking a flier on Polite. This was a Mid 1st Round Pick before the combine. The problem is he has huge maturity issues and can’t handle criticism. But his tape is easily 1st Round talent. 

Perhaps Gruden can mold him into a more mature person. I mean signing a rookie without using a pick on a guy who has first round talent seems good to me. Can always cut him. 

• Like 1