Around The League V.2

Totty

51 minutes ago, G said:

I think they franchise Dak and draft a QB. Dak will get paid by someone if they go deep into the playoffs. Kirk Cousins situation looks possible with Dak.

Yeah I agree. I wouldn't give him the deal he wants. If he wins a QB then we'll talk. Flacco still sticks in my mind though.

20 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Really interested to see how the Bears do this season for obvious reasons. A lot of pundits think they are poised for regression thinking their defense won't be as dominate as a year ago and just not buying Trubisky's growth. 

They will play a first place schedule this season and the division should be much improved with Minnesota and Green Bay revamping their rosters. 

Of course, there are others penciling them into the Superbowl. 

Interested in everyones thoughts here....

I think they really just were in the right place at the right time last year - had a big confidence boost getting Mack and then the Vikings and Packers both underperforming. The defence was awesome last year and it's logical to think they take a small step back but I don't really have that much belief in Trubisky stepping up much to offset that. They should still be a very tough team to beat but with improvement to both the Vikings and Packers I think it'll be a close 3 way for the division and any of those teams could win. I'd expect the Bears to be around 10-6 which may be enough to win the division with each taking games from each other but not progressing far after that due to the offense.

All it takes to ruin a season is 1 or 2 injuries and a major loss of confidence. If one of their star players goes down, or if they start on a losing streak, it can change everything. No way do I expect them to be as good as last year. They can fall back to earth easily. Happens all the time.

• Like 1