Around The League V.2

Totty

51 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Thank you. Could he be a Bucannon or Barron in Guenthers system?  Maybe even a George Iloka?

We have 5 safeties and Joyner. Hope we don't look at any safety. 

We cut Mauro imand kept a 4 QBs. 

3 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

We have 5 safeties and Joyner. Hope we don't look at any safety. 

We cut Mauro imand kept a 4 QBs. 

Was just thinking if we are going to run a lot of 5 DB alignments having a hybrid guy out there might be good.  The guy supposedly has talent but refuses to play linebacker.  If he can play WLB/S role why not.  Having 4 QBs, I think will change before week one, is overkill but we need LBers and a hybrid is good enough for me. 

9 hours ago, roi34 said:

Sign Matt Kalil for guard?

I'd stay away from Matt Kalil and I liked him for a long time. He really regressed hard and isn't the player he was that first year. I view him as a Luke Joekel that stayed around a bit longer, but both stayed extra long on name recognition.

16 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Seattle promised not to franchise tag Clowney. One year rental that will be on the FA market in April

Well they only gave up a 3rd, and if he goes into FA and signs a 5 year/100mil deal they would get a 3rd rounder comp pick back right? So why not, it's basically move from wherever they would have picked in the third to the back of the third for a year of Clowney in their system after moving Frank Clark for full price this offseason, lol.

8 hours ago, Trojan said:

Well they only gave up a 3rd, and if he goes into FA and signs a 5 year/100mil deal they would get a 3rd rounder comp pick back right? So why not, it's basically move from wherever they would have picked in the third to the back of the third for a year of Clowney in their system after moving Frank Clark for full price this offseason, lol.

They only get a 3rd round comp pick if they don't sign anyone in FA. It's an agressive move from them but they were a playoff team last year and they can compete for a title this season so i think it's worth it. It wouldn't be for the Raiders.

10 hours ago, Trojan said:

But it is a 3rd round pick in 2020 for a 3rd round comp pick in 2021.  So it is really a 4th round comp pick in 2020.

Really interested to see how the Bears do this season for obvious reasons. A lot of pundits think they are poised for regression thinking their defense won't be as dominate as a year ago and just not buying Trubisky's growth. 

They will play a first place schedule this season and the division should be much improved with Minnesota and Green Bay revamping their rosters. 

Of course, there are others penciling them into the Superbowl. 

Interested in everyones thoughts here....

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Seahawks cut LB Calitro who started some games for them and is a ST ace. He was all over the field in the final exhibition game. Could be someone the Raiders look at picking up on waivers.

Linebackers aren’t happening on this team, quit trying to make them happen. 

• Like 1

Seahawks cut LB Calitro who started some games for them and is a ST ace. He was all over the field in the final exhibition game. Could be someone the Raiders look at picking up on waivers.

3 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Linebackers aren’t happening on this team, quit trying to make them happen. 

Didn't they resign WIlber to be that guy?

Yeah they did.

Really interested to see how the Bears do this season for obvious reasons. A lot of pundits think they are poised for regression thinking their defense won't be as dominate as a year ago and just not buying Trubisky's growth. 

They will play a first place schedule this season and the division should be much improved with Minnesota and Green Bay revamping their rosters. 

Of course, there are others penciling them into the Superbowl. 

Interested in everyones thoughts here....

I can't figure out how to add a picture to the post. But I have the Bears at 9-7 missing the playoffs. 

Wins: @ DEN, @ WAS, vs NO, vs LAC, vs DET, vs NYG, @ DET, vs DAL, vs KC.
Losses: vs GB, vs, MIN, @ OAK, @ PHI, @ LAR, @GB, @MIN.

There were a few games I thought could have gone either way. I think there is a lot up in the air in Chicago. I have no faith in Trubisky and those offensive Weapons. Could easily go 6-10 too. Don't see much more then 9-7 though.