Around The League V.2

Totty

6 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Wrs fall off hard also but just like you said more of a passing league now. Was surprised to see how close the lifespan was between rbs and wrs. 

That's just every WR on average though, right? I mean with NFL rosters carrying 6 guys it's easy to understand how guys are pushed out of the league much faster at WR on average.

But the longevity of top tier WRs is much better than top tier RBs. 

Adams, Diggs, Hill, Evans, etc. have put up elite production year after year. Most RBs are cooked around age 27.

On 7/28/2023 at 9:55 PM, jimkelly02 said:

But don’t get the details from the nfl or NFLPA, both of whom would have to agree to have such a system as you detailed but it goes against their own interests.

I wouldn't expect details other than years and money, 3 years and 36 million.  I know that leaves a lot of questions out there, but it would confirm the offer is made.  It will never happen, just thinking out loud.

On 7/29/2023 at 5:21 PM, NYRaider said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10084579-colts-jonathan-taylor-denies-having-back-injury-amid-nfi-list-rumors

Taylor has denied that he has ever had or reported a back injury to the Colts.  If this is true the Colts need to be punished. Falsifying an injury to put him on the PUP list and not pay him is shady as ****.  

Here is another situation with a bad team that will heavily rely on Taylor to carry the load this year.  They will make him prove he's healthy, run him into the ground and if he has another stellar year they will tag him.  It's a vicious cycle for RB's right now.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10084579-colts-jonathan-taylor-denies-having-back-injury-amid-nfi-list-rumors

Taylor has denied that he has ever had or reported a back injury to the Colts.  If this is true the Colts need to be punished. Falsifying an injury to put him on the PUP list and not pay him is shady as ****.  

Here is another situation with a bad team that will heavily rely on Taylor to carry the load this year.  They will make him prove he's healthy, run him into the ground and if he has another stellar year they will tag him.  It's a vicious cycle for RB's right now.  

Looks like the Colts are trying to figure out how to be in position to draft Marvin Harrison Jr 

7 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I think a lot of WR4 to WR6 have short career spands. If you took starting level WRs match them up with starting RBs..the numbers would be different 

I think slot wr take hits similar to if not more brutal than rbs

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

That's just every WR on average though, right? I mean with NFL rosters carrying 6 guys it's easy to understand how guys are pushed out of the league much faster at WR on average.

But the longevity of top tier WRs is much better than top tier RBs. 

Adams, Diggs, Hill, Evans, etc. have put up elite production year after year. Most RBs are cooked around age 27.

Meh actually ages for elite season  play from rbs

1) 25yo

2) 24yo

3) 23yo

4) 26

5) 28 yo

You have your 27 n up club with McCaff, chub, Derrick Henry, kamara, dalvin, eckler etc

wr age for elite 

1) 26

2) 25

3) 28

4) 27

5) 23

both groups basically fall off after 28yo and both reach their peak around 24,25,26

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh actually ages for elite season  play from rbs

1) 25yo

2) 24yo

3) 23yo

4) 26

5) 28 yo

You have your 27 n up club with McCaff, chub, Derrick Henry, kamara, dalvin, eckler etc

wr age for elite 

1) 26

2) 25

3) 28

4) 27

5) 23

both groups basically fall off after 28yo and both reach their peak around 24,25,26

Diggs, Kupp, Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Evans, Allen, Lockett etc…

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Would absolutely kick the tires on him. Too bad.

I’d like to add him back too if cheap. Shelby Harris and Denico Autry could have been solid players for us for nearly a decade, shame.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Diggs, Kupp, Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Evans, Allen, Lockett etc…

Very similar i was surprised I thought players would peak Earlier 

I bet that fall of zone of 28+Yo applies to every position minus qb

5 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I think the Colts are a much worse team than us. The Colts owner is a sc*mbag though. Never heard of using an injury to not pay a player

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I think the Colts are a much worse team than us. The Colts owner is a sc*mbag though. Never heard of using an injury to not pay a player

I do not agree that they are worse.  They have way more talent on D and across the Oline.  We have a superior WR corp but that is about it. I would take a healthy JT over Jacobs but it's close.  I will call it a wash for this argument and the QB position is a wash at this point as I think Jimmy G and Minshew are both below average.  If AR pans out that would certainly give them the advantage at the QB position. 

I do agree that Irsay is a scumbag.  He looks like he's pickled from all the booze and prescription meds.  He is a total booze hound and he looks every bit of it.  

59 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I do not agree that they are worse.  They have way more talent on D and across the Oline.  We have a superior WR corp but that is about it. I would take a healthy JT over Jacobs but it's close.  I will call it a wash for this argument and the QB position is a wash at this point as I think Jimmy G and Minshew are both below average.  If AR pans out that would certainly give them the advantage at the QB position. 

I do agree that Irsay is a scumbag.  He looks like he's pickled from all the booze and prescription meds.  He is a total booze hound and he looks every bit of it.  

🥱