Around The League V.2

Totty

12 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Wonder what he’d be worth in a trade?

What the Colts will seek in trade value will be much more than what they value him in dollars.  Based off of Spotrac the average RB gets paid between FBs and Kickers.  Kickers get paid more and FBs are only $100,000 behinds RBs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

What the Colts will seek in trade value will be much more than what they value him in dollars.  Based off of Spotrac the average RB gets paid between FBs and Kickers.  Kickers get paid more and FBs are only $100,000 behinds RBs.

Oh, wow is it really that close? I had no idea!

6 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

That is nuts. 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Crazy thing nfl longevity 

rb= 2.57 years (lowest)

wr= 2.81

te= 2.85

why wrs not getting similar treatment?

I think more of the issue is when high priced RBs hit their 2nd contract, their value drops before the end of it. Many have went from star to role player to not on a roster 

Also:

QBs are the top priority in the nfl. So the players who the QBs throw to are highest in demand after them. Next the player most responsible for protecting QB is the LT. Flip it around the pass rusher get paid more because they attack the QB. Then you need someone to guard the WRs who the QBs depend on = CB

This rational is why the RBs , FBs and LB position are being devalued 

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

I think more of the issue is when high priced RBs hit their 2nd contract, their value drops before the end of it. Many have went from star to role player to not on a roster 

Also:

QBs are the top priority in the nfl. So the players who the QBs throw to are highest in demand after them. Next the player most responsible for protecting QB is the LT. Flip it around the pass rusher get paid more because they attack the QB. Then you need someone to guard the WRs who the QBs depend on = CB

This rational is why the RBs , FBs and LB position are being devalued 

Wrs fall off hard also but just like you said more of a passing league now. Was surprised to see how close the lifespan was between rbs and wrs. 

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Wrs fall off hard also but just like you said more of a passing league now. Was surprised to see how close the lifespan was between rbs and wrs. 

I think a lot of WR4 to WR6 have short career spands. If you took starting level WRs match them up with starting RBs..the numbers would be different 

• Like 3