Around The League V.2

Totty

8 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Mike Evans is a beast. I cant believe the Bucs didn't extend him. He might be the greatest offensive player in the history of their franchise

Drafted him on a lot fantasy teams. Went from a 2nd Rounder to a 6th Rounder just because of Baker Mayfield. Bought the discount. I thought he had at least more 1K season in him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Drafted him on a lot fantasy teams. Went from a 2nd Rounder to a 6th Rounder just because of Baker Mayfield. Bought the discount. I thought he had at least more 1K season in him.

He’s been a model of consistency just like DA no matter the QB. He’s a HOF level player. Shouldn’t be 1st ballot but one of those players who gets in after 10 years

6 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

He’s been a model of consistency just like DA no matter the QB. He’s a HOF level player. Shouldn’t be 1st ballot but one of those players who gets in after 10 years

Agreed he's a Hall of Famer. I don't agree with rice he should have been extended though. His game won't age well into his 30's. I expected one more 1K season this year. But he's 31 next year and not the most athletic dude in the world or greatest route runner in the world.

7 hours ago, riceman80 said:

We all know why Carter was never gonna be the pick. We would never hear the end of how we "empathize with murderers".

The PR of drafting him would've been a nightmare. Plus this dysfunctional of an organization + no leadership + a 22 year old in Vegas = absolute disaster

And don't forget that his play and numbers would not be similar with us on this DL...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Should we be nervous about the Broncos here? They are awful. If they lose to the Bears, we have to start talking about them for the top pick. They are easily a bottom 5 team currently. 

I couldn't handle it if they landed Williams or Maye. 

I'm pretty sure they're financially stuck for the next year or two for Wilson. They don't really have an out until after 2025. I can't see them drafting a QB next year. Maybe in 2 years though. 

24 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Should we be nervous about the Broncos here? They are awful. If they lose to the Bears, we have to start talking about them for the top pick. They are easily a bottom 5 team currently. 

I’m not sure Sean Payton’s ego will allow him to tank. I don’t think he would ever lose intentionally, and also he isn’t the type of guy who will think he needs a top draft prospect at QB to win. I think he’s an overrated coach, but is still a pretty good one and will find a way to win some games this year against the weaker teams.

14 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I'm pretty sure they're financially stuck for the next year or two for Wilson. They don't really have an out until after 2025. I can't see them drafting a QB next year. Maybe in 2 years though. 

If he's not effective, they are not going to continue rolling with him are they? I can't see Payton doing that. But you're right, they are in a bad way with that Wilson contract. 

Between that, and trading 2 drafts for Wilson, then Peyton... I don't see them doing anything for 3-4 years minimum. And I wonder if Peyton hangs around that long. Could his ego handle it? 

34 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

If he's not effective, they are not going to continue rolling with him are they? I can't see Payton doing that. But you're right, they are in a bad way with that Wilson contract. 

Between that, and trading 2 drafts for Wilson, then Peyton... I don't see them doing anything for 3-4 years minimum. And I wonder if Peyton hangs around that long. Could his ego handle it? 

I don't think they have a choice. They're going to be paying him gobs of money the next 2 years. And have no option to get out of it.  I think next year they're stuck picking the best available playmaker. just my opinion

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

I don't think they have a choice. They're going to be paying him gobs of money the next 2 years. And have no option to get out of it.  I think next year they're stuck picking the best available playmaker. just my opinion

Or just a massive trade down. Which id hate. 
They would get a kings ransom. 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

If the QB’s in our division are Justin Herbert, Patrick Mahomes, and Maye/Caleb, we might not see a division title for 15 years. And I put the blame on Mark. We had so many opportunities to move on from Carr and get a QB. We knew who Carr was the end of 2017. And definitely by mid 2018. The fact we kept him so long still boggles my mind to this day. The 5 QBs in the 2020 draft class are all likely going to have great careers. Then you have Trevor Lawrence from 2021. And Young, Stroud, Richardson all have solid potential to be studs as well.  

Edited by Tank4Drake

16 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

After all these years of needing a LB in the worst way...

... And Morrow is in Philly wearing the green dot and playing extremely well. 

Funny stuff.

Yeh, I would have signed him in FA. Actually, I’d have never let him leave in the first place 😁

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

If the QB’s in our division are Justin Herbert, Patrick Mahomes, and Maye/Caleb, we might not see a division title for 15 years. And I put the blame on Mark. We had so many opportunities to move on from Carr and get a QB. We knew who Carr was the end of 2017. And definitely by mid 2018. The fact we kept him so long still boggles my mind to this day. The 5 QBs in the 2020 draft class are all likely going to have great careers. Then you have Trevor Lawrence from 2021. And Young, Stroud, Richardson all have solid potential to be studs as well.  

I'd hang it up if this were to happen.  If we don't get our QBotF soon, I'm just going to retire from being a football fan and start following the MLB and NBA.  Maybe get way more into college football.

10 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I'd hang it up if this were to happen.  If we don't get our QBotF soon, I'm just going to retire from being a football fan and start following the MLB and NBA.  Maybe get way more into college football.

It's a good time to get into college football, Big Ten is about to rule the world.