Around The League V.2

Totty

On 10/4/2023 at 11:55 AM, big_palooka said:

Remember the AFC West arms race? Year later, it's in competition for worst division in football. 

Another reminder that teams are not built through free agency. You can't buy a team.

So while it's great to have a ton of cap, it's dangerous. You want that cap to resign your home grown stars vs. other teams castoffs. While there are some good buys, most of it is fools gold. 

I remember preseason narratives going into last season that the AFC west could have 3 teams in the playoffs and it could be the best division possibly ever lol 

FA shows how important coaching and team fits are. 

15 minutes ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Can't see Bill being with the Patriots next year... likely retires though. Would be interesting to see what would happen if he wanted to go elsewhere to coach.

Yes this looks the bottom out year for Patriots. Same thing happened to Tom Landry. Everything comes to an end. Bill either retires or becomes a DC with someone

43 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Yes this looks the bottom out year for Patriots. Same thing happened to Tom Landry. Everything comes to an end. Bill either retires or becomes a DC with someone

Bill is not going to be a DC. Why do you keep suggesting that? The only thing he has left to coach for is the all time wins record. He's not going to start over as a DC.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Bill is not going to be a DC. Why do you keep suggesting that? The only thing he has left to coach for is the all time wins record. He's not going to start over as a DC.

He’s coached every NFL season since 1975 for an impressive 48 straight seasons

33 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

He’s coached every NFL season since 1975 for an impressive 48 straight seasons

So what?  If you think he's going to take a demotion and become a DC after a HCing career that is amongst the greatest ever you are more delusional than I could have ever imagined.  Bill will call it a career when he is ready and it very well could be after this season but there ZERO chance he becomes a DC.  Zero, it's absurd to even talk about...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

So what?  If you think he's going to take a demotion and become a DC after a HCing career that is amongst the greatest ever you are more delusional than I could have ever imagined.  Bill will call it a career when he is ready and it very well could be after this season but there ZERO chance he becomes a DC.  Zero, it's absurd to even talk about...

Facts. If he wants the all time record he gets a job some where else but got to leave his gm hat at the door. Pats roster i is just about at bad as ours. That wr room qb room and oline room is awful. I think he wants that record though. 

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

A coach who has coached 45 straight years is gonna have issues being away from the game. He will be on someone sidelines next season not sure it will be a HC.

He’s much more qualified than majority of candidates but requires a ecosystem change that at that age not sure that will happen

32 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

3 catches in 5 games isn't thriving but yeah he had a nice shuttle pass td today.

Fair enough on the stats. But is on an NFL roster after being diagnosed with cancer in the offseason. 

Hooper has 4 catches and Mayer 1 lol.