Around The League V.2

Totty

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

A coach who has coached 45 straight years is gonna have issues being away from the game. He will be on someone sidelines next season not sure it will be a HC.

He’s much more qualified than majority of candidates but requires a ecosystem change that at that age not sure that will happen

If he's on a sideline it will be in NE as a HC.  He is not going to be a DC, that is flat out insanity.

They need to bail on the Jones experiment as he is a bum and they need to start drafting well but I could easily see BB calling it quits after this year.  He has nothing left to prove and will go down as one of the greatest HC's ever.

Bill Belichik. A General Manager. The greatest HC of all time. Will not go to some poe dunk team trying desperately to fix their defense to play third fiddle to some other non accomplished HC and GM to play defensive coordinator. The thought that he'd ever do anything other than head coaching or retirement is pure fantasy. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Man, I'm not sure the 9erse have a window. Its wide open with this offense. Even if they lose some pieces on defense. 

Mr. Irrelevant just gave them at least a 4 year window.

8 hours ago, Jerry said:

https://x.com/itsYDG2/status/1711180926657364119?s=20

I have no idea how to post Twitter posts anymore but I thought this was hilarious.  Derek Carr's stats don't look impressive, but the Saints definitely whooped the Patriots.

I feel for the Saints. That defense is on another level, but Carr does nothing for their chances at a title. The Eagles, 49ers and probably Lions will crush them in the playoffs if they make it.

Edited by big_palooka

19 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

The Jets can score 31 points against the Broncos, but we can only score 17 lol

Their defence did add a nice few points in fairness so it’s not all offence. But yeah, we should have scored more and beaten then more comprehensively.

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I feel for the Saints. That defense is on another level, but Carr does nothing for their chances at a title. The Eagles, 49ers and probably Lions will crush them in the playoffs if they make it.

I mean again, it’s not all on the QB… 
the 9res have a better D, better coaching, better weapons on O. 
obviously the saints have a lot going for them, but 9ers are absolutely stacked and better everywhere, Would you agree?

9ers just seem so dominate this year. Carrs fault poor saints, they should have signed someone else instead, and been in the exact same situation.
Which QB could they have got in the offseason, that would have changed the outcome? 9ers are crushing everyone. 

On 10/9/2023 at 6:34 AM, big_palooka said:

That goated Saints defense has shut down elite, superstar QBs such as Tannehill, Bryce, Mayfield (26), Love, and Mac. Might be the greatest defense in NFL history.

41 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Good point. Their schedule is soft. How are they only 3-2?

FWIW: Buddy of mine is a Saints fan (and for the record, he was very meh on them signing Carr), but he won't stop talking about how badly the Saints O-line has regressed. Has no answer for it and says it has taken the fanbase completely by surprise.

1 minute ago, RaidersForever said:

FWIW: Buddy of mine is a Saints fan (and for the record, he was very meh on them signing Carr), but he won't stop talking about how badly the Saints O-line has regressed. Has no answer for it and says it has taken the fanbase completely by surprise.

Their OL is as bad as ours right now.  Both have regressed a ton this season.