Around The League V.2

Totty

On 10/9/2023 at 2:46 AM, NCOUGHMAN said:

Cle and Hankins starting 

Denico Autry and Shelby Harris are the two we really missed on as they both flashed while they were Raiders. We could do with both those guys right now for sure.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Hurst looking good with clev too

I haven’t seen Cleveland at all this year but he was a big disappointment for us wasn't he after being universally praised as a good pick. Arden Key has had a few good games too and looked like a decent rotation rusher. We miss on so many picks and those that actually can play and contribute end up leaving to be replaced by more busts!

13 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Denico Autry and Shelby Harris are the two we really missed on as they both flashed while they were Raiders. We could do with both those guys right now for sure.

I don't think the issue is that we let them go. They have been at best ok starters during their careers. Same with Hurst, Key and all those other guys.

The problem is we spend the money on FA's who almost all have failed miserably.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Good point. Their schedule is soft. How are they only 3-2?

I think its extremely reasonable to say Carrs injury. 
up 16-0 at half, and lost when he didnt go back in. 
carr looked like jimmy the next week and couldnt throw anything past 10 yards. 

Carr has his own flaws, but when you stop taking shots it realllllyyyyyyy limits your offense. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Patty walks so girly lol

I hated watching the Chiefs before the Swift movement.  Now it's like the refs just can't stop getting down on their knees for the Chiefs.  Patty has been bailed out like 50x this season.  They get every call, every time.  It's ridiculous.  They're probably going undefeated the rest of the way this year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I haven’t seen Cleveland at all this year but he was a big disappointment for us wasn't he after being universally praised as a good pick. Arden Key has had a few good games too and looked like a decent rotation rusher. We miss on so many picks and those that actually can play and contribute end up leaving to be replaced by more busts!

So true

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Aye, but for real, all those Make Room for Russ/Make Room for Watson takes that covered this place not long ago sure got swept away in a hurry. What happened? 

We dodged a gigantic bullet.

I’ll admit it, I was hoping we did trade for Wilson at that time, especially when he listed us as one of his preferred destinations. I didn’t foresee such a rapid and humiliating decline. But in hindsight him going to the Broncos worked out just great for us.

I get your point, though. Have to be very careful with these high profile QBs who suddenly become available from their current team - there’s usually a very good reason for it…

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

We dodged a gigantic bullet.

I’ll admit it, I was hoping we did trade for Wilson at that time, especially when he listed us as one of his preferred destinations. I didn’t foresee such a rapid and humiliating decline. But in hindsight him going to the Broncos worked out just great for us.

I get your point, though. Have to be very careful with these high profile QBs who suddenly become available from their current team - there’s usually a very good reason for it…

Precisely. Never give up the farm for any 1 player, especially a QB that hits the market 

22 hours ago, Jerry said:

I hated watching the Chiefs before the Swift movement.  Now it's like the refs just can't stop getting down on their knees for the Chiefs.  Patty has been bailed out like 50x this season.  They get every call, every time.  It's ridiculous.  They're probably going undefeated the rest of the way this year.

Yea I see what’s goin on too with them and this swift agenda 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 3:47 PM, Darbsk said:

they had two solid careers. Should have been starters for a long time here. Mario Edwards has been decent too. We should have had a solid DL all these years with those guys and Mack. 

• Like 1