Around The League V.2

Totty

20 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Gotta give @Tank4Drake credit, Jordan Love is definitely a guy. 30 TDs  in his first season starting with thhe youngest team in the league.

Doing it with an injured cast all year too, and first year starting. He did have a rough 5 game stretch at one point, but other than that, dude has been awesome. Top 8 QB on the season IMO. And I’d at least put him 12-14 overall right now. 

He moves the ball and does it without fear. He also is just absolutely spectacular throwing in a tight window and throwing off-platform, two things I loved about his college tape. 

Tua also had a great season. And all I heard past three years “Tua and Love suck!!!! Don’t ever talk about QBs!!!!” Smh. 

I didn’t exactly have Jordan Love as a Top 5 guy, he was my 15th best prospect of the class. And this forum made me not even want to utter the words “I want to draft him” due to everyone being so negative and close minded.  

The fact is, if a guy has a great skillset, can throw with anticipation, can throw off-platform, and can throw in a window, you take him. You draft the traits. You will hit one eventually. It’s not rocket science. 

I’m not saying draft any QB with Traits. I didn’t like Levis. He can’t throw with anticipation to save his life, terrible throwing off platform, and just overall seemed like a “dumb” QB, something I’ve been ragging on Carr, Jimmy (way before he was a Raider), and other QBs for being mentally limited for years. Levis seemed like a very mentally limited QB. 

This year? Draft Drake Maye or JJ McCarthy. Their traits make them potential SUPERSTARS. And they are smart. I think Maye is light years above McCarthy as a prospect but both have the potential to be Top 5 QBs in the NFL. Maye is the real frickin deal. I’ve been hyping him over Caleb the entirety of 2023, even when Caleb was “god mode” and people would laugh you out of the room for even suggesting Maye over Caleb. I know @big_palooka and @FloydFan have always been Team Maye as well. Actually, BP and I have pretty similar views on the class this year. Although I like Jayden Daniels a little more than he does. I don’t love Jayden Daniels, but I’d be fine drafting him, I’m just not sure I see superstar potential in him. But he could be a very good QB. 

Edited by Tank4Drake
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Imagine if drafted both 🥵
Ceedee and Jefferson. Which was possible 

Ceedee and Jaylon Johnson was who I wanted. 

To be honest, I can forgive the Ruggs selection as he was starting to become a star and clearly offered elite speed to the defence and made a difference. Different type of receiver but Arnette I was livid about though, as were most!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

To be honest, I can forgive the Ruggs selection as he was starting to become a star and clearly offered elite speed to the defence and made a difference. Different type of receiver but Arnette I was livid about though, as were most!

Y’all call anyone a damn star was will fuller a star? Ruggs had more games under 10 yards then he did with 100+ lol

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Y’all call anyone a damn star was will fuller a star? Ruggs had more games under 10 yards then he did with 100+ lol

I was pounding the table that year to draft Lamb or JJ with one of our first two picks if we went WR.  I hated Jeudy and was proven right on that front. I didn't want to take a WR with our 1st pick in fact I wanted AJ Terrell and wanted to wait until our 2nd 1st rounder to take a WR which would have been JJ the way it shook out.

I wasn't a fan of Ruggs because we needed a possession WR and a potential #1 which Ruggs most likely would have never become.  I will say that Ruggs value was not just in the stat book as he added a speed value that opened up the rest of the O.  You could see D coordinators paying special attention to him because if he got loose he was gone.  That has tremendous value and not noticeable to stat counters who don't really understand the complexities of real NFL football.  As Ruggs matured and became more of a route technician his value would have increased.

I didn't like the pick because I wanted Lamb but the more I watched Ruggs play I could see what they were attempting to achieve.  I still maintain that a WR like Ruggs is a great #2 option along side of a stud like prime Adams.  The fear of him getting loose opens things up in both the run and passing game.  

What a shame that whole situation was...  Wasted talent at it's finest.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yea I was never a hr3 fan even at bama smith was the best of the bunch then waddle imo. No way to know if hr3 would’ve kept ascending but he was starting to look dangerous.

• Like 1