Around The League V.2

Totty

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

All of this was true about Carr last year minus the WR’s. Still has an elite OL too if Trent ever plays. Plus he has a 1st Round WR who hopefully doesn’t miss anymore games. 

I’m not sure who’s better between Carr and Dak, they are pretty even to me IMO. But Dak damn sure sees the deep field better and also has a much more fearless personality than Carr as well. 

my only knock on Carr is his lack if throwing the ball deep more. but hard to tell if that's gruden a bit. he used to sling it more. Damn play calling much different

3 minutes ago, roi34 said:

my only knock on Carr is his lack if throwing the ball deep more. but hard to tell if that's gruden a bit. he used to sling it more. Damn play calling much different

Lol please look into Grudens style of offense.  It's literally to NOT throw it deep.  On the rarest of occasions they will.  But it's designed opposite what you're asking for.

9 minutes ago, roi34 said:

2017 he was the same thing before Gruden. He was also super conservative in the 1st 3 Quarters of 2015-2016 as well, he just turned into a slinger in the 4th. Also super super conservative in college. 

I don’t wanna knock the guy, he’s putting together a decent season so far, def not great by any means but above-average, my three complaints about Carr are:

1) Doesn’t see the deep field well at all, he’ll take a shot or two, but also leaves guys open down there often and doesn’t even look. He also misses the deep ball accuracy wise more times than he should. 

2) Throws short of the chains on 3rd down. Did this in 2017, 2018, and 2019 constantly. He didn’t do it the first two games this year and I was frickin thrilled. He did it against the Patriots multiple times...

3) Refuses to give anyone covered a chance on 3rd down, almost ever. Carr has never been a tight window thrower. That has never been a skill of his. 

Edited by BayRaider

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

2017 he was the same thing before Gruden. He was also super conservative in the 1st 3 Quarters of 2015-2016 as well, he just turned into a slinger in the 4th. Also super super conservative in college. 

I don’t wanna knock the guy, he’s putting together a decent season so far, def not great by any means but above-average, my three complaints about Carr are:

1) Doesn’t see the deep field well at all, he’ll take a shot or two, but also leaves guys open down there often and doesn’t even look. He also misses the deep ball accuracy wise more times than he should. 

2) Throws short of the chains on 3rd down. Did this in 2017, 2018, and 2019 constantly. He didn’t do it the first two games this year and I was frickin thrilled. He did it against the Patriots multiple times...

3) Refuses to give anyone covered a chance on 3rd down, almost ever. Carr has never been a tight window thrower. That has never been a skill of his. 

I'd say those are fair. 

russell prob has best deep ball in league atm

Just now, roi34 said:

I'd say those are fair. 

russell prob has best deep ball in league atm

I’ve been saying Wilson is the best QB in the NFL since 2018. Just not a popular thing to say cause of Mahomes. Put Wilson on the Chiefs with Reid and he puts up the same numbers, if not better. Wilsons arm is still great and IMO his football IQ is way higher than Mahomes. Personally I think it’s #1 Wilson, #2 Mahomes, #3 Rodgers. I’m not ready to crown Lamar, way too early, and he still needs to become a way better passer. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, roi34 said:

2 OL and 3 of his top WRs were missing. Hard to take shots when you don’t have time and or no one is getting open deep.

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

2 OL and 3 of his top WRs were missing. Hard to take shots when you don’t have time and or no one is getting open deep.

this isn't a 1 game thing. I own a Carr jersey, love the guy. but if you think he takes risky throws much then you don't watch. watch these other QBs and they push the ball down the field. Carr makes some sexy throws like the renfrow throws, he needs to let it loose a little more. he has plenty of arm and talent to do the job. 

15 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I agree and I also would like to see more deep shots but at what cost?  Force the ball deep when the throw is not there because your Wr's cant gain seperation.  You know who does that?  Ol' Crab Legs.  No thanks.  Then you guys would be yapping about how Carr is too carless with the ball.  I would take conservative over careless any day of the week. Get Ruggs and Edwards back and Carr will open it up more.   

Would I like to see Carr open it up, yes but I think he scales it back when he doesn't trust his WR's.  When you're #1 and 2 WR's are Renfrow and Auglor I would not want to go deep either...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree and I also would like to see more deep shots but at what cost?  Force the ball deep when the throw is not there because your Wr's cant gain seperation.  You know who does that?  Ol' Crab Legs.  No thanks.  Then you guys would be yapping about how Carr is too carless with the ball.  I would take conservative over careless any day of the week. Get Ruggs and Edwards back and Carr will open it up more.   

Would I like to see Carr open it up, yes but I think he scales it back when he doesn't trust his WR's.  When you're #1 and 2 WR's are Renfrow and Auglor I would not want to go deep either...

I think some of when  he holds ball is on Wrs seperation. I watched film from NO game and ruggs was open a few times, no throw. some is on Carr. and yes sometimes you gotta let your WR make a play. foster was covered on his catch today but came down with it. also saw Waller deep open couple times.

I don't want him throwing it up every play, just more aggressive at times. Carr has played well and is missing a lot of his weapons. Ruggs hurts us more than people know.  he opens up a lot. but Carr will need to hit those too when he is back.

today wasn't on Carr though. run defense and play calling hurt more

Edited by roi34

5 minutes ago, roi34 said:

I think some of when  he holds ball is on Wrs seperation. I watched film from NO game and ruggs was open a few times, no throw. some is on Carr. and yes sometimes you gotta let your WR make a play. foster was covered on his catch today but came down with it. also saw Waller deep open couple times.

I don't want him throwing it up every play, just more aggressive at times. Carr has played well and is missing a lot of his weapons. Ruggs hurts us more than people know.  he opens up a lot. but Carr will need to hit those too when he is back.

today wasn't on Carr though. run defense and play calling hurt more

100 percent agree and never have I said some of the blame is not on Carr.  He misses open WR's just like every other QB in the NFL does.  Could he trust his WR's more sure but should he trust his WR's more than he does, that I am not so sure about.  

I agree when he gets Ruggs back that will open the O up for everyone, his speed and skills scare D's and that was obvious in the NO game.  That was also when Ruggs was clearly injured and used as a decoy as well.  When he is back to 100 percent he will be a threat even without the ball in his hands.  

I also like what I have seen from Edwards in his limited NFL time.  If he continues to progress he could be a valuable weapon int he future.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

100 percent agree and never have I said some of the blame is not on Carr.  He misses open WR's just like every other QB in the NFL does.  Could he trust his WR's more sure but should he trust his WR's more than he does, that I am not so sure about.  

I agree when he gets Ruggs back that will open the O up for everyone, his speed and skills scare D's and that was obvious in the NO game.  That was also when Ruggs was clearly injured and used as a decoy as well.  When he is back to 100 percent he will be a threat even without the ball in his hands.  

I also like what I have seen from Edwards in his limited NFL time.  If he continues to progress he could be a valuable weapon int he future.  

I like Edwards as well. obviously good run after catch cedee lamb type dude. but   ... how do both our rookie wrs get tackled weird and get hurt ... raiders luck

2 minutes ago, roi34 said:

I like Edwards as well. obviously good run after catch cedee lamb type dude. but   ... how do both our rookie wrs get tackled weird and get hurt ... raiders luck

Seriously.  We can never find stability at the WR position and we are so think there to top it off.  I like our young corp of Ruggs, Edwards, Renfrow and Agholor but I will say that I would not be opposed to drafting another WR within the first 3 rounds next year or signing a young FA WR ( JuJu, Golliday, Arob).  Williams and his 11 million per year are gone for sure. 

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

this isn't a 1 game thing. I own a Carr jersey, love the guy. but if you think he takes risky throws much then you don't watch. watch these other QBs and they push the ball down the field. Carr makes some sexy throws like the renfrow throws, he needs to let it loose a little more. he has plenty of arm and talent to do the job. 

Haven’t missed a game in years. He was taking shots when Ruggs was in the lineup. And it was enough to keep defenses honest. Carr isn’t a deep ball QB he works mid to short game that’s just who he is. But he’s more likely to throw it deep when he has WRs that can do so, like Ruggs and Cooper. Also, DC likes to get the ball out quick which is necessary in Gruden’s offense. Worked to perfection vs the Saints when we went on long clock eating drives threw it downfield a couple of times to keep the defense honest, but no one complained then.