Around The League V.2

Totty

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Carr will be 31 years old at the start of next season and doesn't seem to be interested in playing forever. If you're going to pay him a lot, you have to do it on a short term deal. Like how the Vikings just gave Kirk a 2 yr/$66M deal, I wouldn't mind something like that if he's going to play out the last year of his deal.

What indication has he given to say he "doesn't seem interested in playing forever"?  Honest question.  

13 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I thought he would be in the low $30s and that is why I wanted to look into drafting a QB.  QB contracts are crazy but $35 would not be worth it.  Would rather draft a QB and find a cheap bridge QB.  I personally want a more aggressive QB even if they are not as good.  Carr's style makes him worse.  He is like having a hot wife that never puts out.  What is the point?

I just think that’s where it’s headed, Wentz and Goff are at about 33per, I don’t think Carr takes equal or less than those guys years after they’ve signed their contracts. 

16 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I just think that’s where it’s headed, Wentz and Goff are at about 33per, I don’t think Carr takes equal or less than those guys years after they’ve signed their contracts. 

I still believe he gets good money but I do not believe he is worth it.  I was just looking over his stats and he did not have a single game with over 2 TDs and after week 10 he only had 1 game with 2 TDs while averaging 1 TD per game.  He is the best QB in the league at getting his team into FG position.  I would rather have a crap aggressive QB than watch Carlson kick 50 FGs next year.  I want to see him kick 50+ XPs.

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I still believe he gets good money but I do not believe he is worth it.  I was just looking over his stats and he did not have a single game with over 2 TDs and after week 10 he only had 1 game with 2 TDs while averaging 1 TD per game.  He is the best QB in the league at getting his team into FG position.  I would rather have a crap aggressive QB than watch Carlson kick 50 FGs next year.  I want to see him kick 50+ XPs.

we had no head coach, the oline sucked, our best wideout killed someone, Waller was out most of the year and this team still made the playoffs. smh at this DC doubt 

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

we had no head coach, the oline sucked, our best wideout killed someone, Waller was out most of the year and this team still made the playoffs. smh at this DC doubt 

And Derek Carr was still the same QB as he has been.  Please tell me how the team improved this year?  Was it Carr or other areas?  the WRs where good enough between the 20s to get him 4,800 yards but not good enough to catch TDs.  He had 1 TD for every 209 yards passing.  I am not saying he did not face adversity but it happens all over the league.  We have been making excuses for him since 2017.  Difference between him then and now is more yards and TOs.  It is time to let it go.  He had his moment to shine and he threw an Int short of the goal line.  I am done being patient.  If he is good somewhere else then let him be good there.  I am ready to move on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

And Derek Carr was still the same QB as he has been.  Please tell me how the team improved this year?  Was it Carr or other areas?  the WRs where good enough between the 20s to get him 4,800 yards but not good enough to catch TDs.  He had 1 TD for every 209 yards passing.  I am not saying he did not face adversity but it happens all over the league.  We have been making excuses for him since 2017.  Difference between him then and now is more yards and TOs.  It is time to let it go.  He had his moment to shine and he threw an Int short of the goal line.  I am done being patient.  If he is good somewhere else then let him be good there.  I am ready to move on.

we had to fire a coach mid season, most teams would have fell apart. lol We have wideouts who can make some plays but our wideout corps is one of the worst wr units in the league. DC doesn't make the team better? Zay Jones and Renfrow had career years and that's will horrible play calling. DC made key plays when it mattered. I fail to understand how someone doesn't see how DC is the heart of the team. 

7 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

we had to fire a coach mid season, most teams would have fell apart. lol We have wideouts who can make some plays but our wideout corps is one of the worst wr units in the league. DC doesn't make the team better? Zay Jones and Renfrow had career years and that's will horrible play calling. DC made key plays when it mattered. I fail to understand how someone doesn't see how DC is the heart of the team. 

If he’s the heart of the team, the team needs a quadruple bypass

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

QBs play until until their 40 now.  DC is in his prime, and we need to continue to build around him. I would trade a 3 or 4th for Michael Thomas and also draft a WR in the first 

Micheal Thomas’s contract plus it feels like we would be buying a lemon. Hes a big unknown

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

QBs play until until their 40 now.  DC is in his prime, and we need to continue to build around him. I would trade a 3 or 4th for Michael Thomas and also draft a WR in the first 

rather have Ridley.