Around The League V.2

Totty

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

An up tempo scheme or up tempo drives? 

Because you can run an up tempo offense in a ball control scheme. In that regard, I agree. 

If we're talking a 40-50 pass per game chasing 40+ points offense, I think he begins to have limitations.

My bad. Not scheme. Drives. Thanks.

2 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Joe Montana would have realized it was a dumb *** play call and audibled to something that had an actual chance to be successful 

I'm not sure Olly had any type of play in the playbook that was effective in the red zone based on his work the last 4 seasons, lol.

15 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Murray is a great NFL Qb they say, he is fun to run around with in Madden they say LOL 

Can you imagine if Carr would have made that idiotic pick 6 from his own end zone?  Idiotic fans would have run him out of town.

I almost ate crow with Murray I didn’t think he was big enough to survive in the nfl but he’s surviving lol just not doing to well in his first playoffs

2 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Joe Montana would have realized it was a dumb *** play call and audibled to something that had an actual chance to be successful 

That’s the million & question carr Olsen and the offensive game plan/ play calling. 

carr talks a lot at the los is he calling audibles?

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

That’s the million & question carr Olsen and the offensive game plan/ play calling. 

carr talks a lot at the los is he calling audibles?

He's just telling the team "we're good, we're good," so that Leatherwood, Simpson, and Parker don't poop their pants.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Good question. Is it dummy audibles or blocking assignments?

My guess would be blocking assignments, though as @NYRaidersays, it's probably just to keep our trash OL from crapping themselves since it's clear at least 3 of them have no idea regarding the fundamentals of blocking lol. 

In years past, by and large, I'd say it was audibles. When we ran effective offenses, we definitely audibled a bit. Listening to the communication at the LOS last year (2020) made that pretty clear to me. 

I fail to believe Carr magically forgot how to read defenses in 2021. Not to say he was fantastic beforehand, but he wasn't terrible. This year, everything seemed like dummy calls and trying to fix blocking assignments, given the results were often flat out bad no matter what. Too many plays that should have worked just didn't this year. Timing was off from week 1. Plays that were eventually run seemed out of place given the defensive looks and situations. Again, not to say he was a maestro in previous years, but the offense as a whole took a massive step back from the previous status quo, even before Ruggs left. The only "new" factor there was the OL, that was a weakness all year long, leading me to believe virtually everything said at the LOS was either trying to make sure our backups knew who they were supposed to (try to) block or attempting to throw a defense off as best as possible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

My guess would be blocking assignments, though as @NYRaidersays, it's probably just to keep our trash OL from crapping themselves since it's clear at least 3 of them have no idea regarding the fundamentals of blocking lol. 

In years past, by and large, I'd say it was audibles. When we ran effective offenses, we definitely audibled a bit. Listening to the communication at the LOS last year (2020) made that pretty clear to me. 

I fail to believe Carr magically forgot how to read defenses in 2021. Not to say he was fantastic beforehand, but he wasn't terrible. This year, everything seemed like dummy calls and trying to fix blocking assignments, given the results were often flat out bad no matter what. Too many plays that should have worked just didn't this year. Timing was off from week 1. Plays that were eventually run seemed out of place given the defensive looks and situations. Again, not to say he was a maestro in previous years, but the offense as a whole took a massive step back from the previous status quo, even before Ruggs left. The only "new" factor there was the OL, that was a weakness all year long, leading me to believe virtually everything said at the LOS was either trying to make sure our backups knew who they were supposed to (try to) block or attempting to throw a defense off as best as possible.

[removed]

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I always love when Carr says 50 things at the LOS then throws a 1 yard pass to Jacobs immediately. 

This x1000

carr: “kill kill kill” “easy” “ we’re ok” “Richard Nixon” “Richard Nixon”

all that for a 1 yard run up the gut

• Like 1