Around The League V.2

Totty

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

https://www.raidersbeat.com/cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-is-frustrated-with-the-production-from-former-raiders-wr-amari-cooper/

Jerry having buyer remorse on Cooper:

Safe to say he won't be back in Dallas. Jerry didn't mince words there. 

Surprise!! Jerry Jones is saying all the stuff here that I have been saying about Cooper. He's not a real number one receiver. It took them trading a first rounder and paying him $20 million to find out that he still needed to draft a receiver in the first round in order to address the position properly. sad story 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I find it hilarious that it took him three years to find out what Gruden figured out after 4 weeks.

I can't speak for his time in Dallas but with the Raiders he always seemed to come over as a petulant little child (especially after the first two years) which was only made worse by having to listen to Cris Carter going on about what a fantastic young man he was. Fact was he had checked out by the time he left Oakland and we screwed them for a 1st! 

If Dallas offered us any WR for a 1st, Lamb would be the only one I would be tempted by.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heart of Oak said:

I can't speak for his time in Dallas but with the Raiders he always seemed to come over as a petulant little child (especially after the first two years) which was only made worse by having to listen to Cris Carter going on about what a fantastic young man he was. Fact was he had checked out by the time he left Oakland and we screwed them for a 1st! 

If Dallas offered us any WR for a 1st, Lamb would be the only one I would be tempted by.

Mack trade sucked, Cooper one was good. Mack trade could have been good if we hit on those picks 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Mack trade sucked, Cooper one was good. Mack trade could have been good if we hit on those picks 

I totally agree.

The Mack trade was an awesome idea...struggling franchise, trade best player for a bunch of picks to rebuild and spread that value round the team.

As you say, the problem was the picks from those trades:

• Jacobs - best of the bunch at a low value / injury prone position
  • Abram - good run defender; questionable in coverage Safety
  • Arnette - Our new Head of Security (real deal!) - that video was actually the most impactful thing Arnette did.

As much as I am not a fan of Cooper, would I swap him and Mack for those three...absolutely not.

44 minutes ago, Heart of Oak said:

I totally agree.

The Mack trade was an awesome idea...struggling franchise, trade best player for a bunch of picks to rebuild and spread that value round the team.

As you say, the problem was the picks from those trades:

• Jacobs - best of the bunch at a low value / injury prone position
  • Abram - good run defender; questionable in coverage Safety
  • Arnette - Our new Head of Security (real deal!) - that video was actually the most impactful thing Arnette did.

As much as I am not a fan of Cooper, would I swap him and Mack for those three...absolutely not.

If it was Jacobs, AJ Terrell we would of been solid

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

AJ Brown is a top 10 WR in the NFL.  The guy is a baller. 

I remember when I used to lurk on this forum and you would go on and on about how a WR had to be 6’3” or above to be considered an alpha WR1. That take has aged horrifically. Kudos to you for adjusting and leaving that thought process behind. 

4 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I remember when I used to lurk on this forum and you would go on and on about how a WR had to be 6’3” or above to be considered an alpha WR1. That take has aged horrifically. Kudos to you for adjusting and leaving that thought process behind. 

100 percent false.  I've always said Antonio Brown was a number 1 WR and he's 5'11.  I never said WR's had to be 6'3 and over to be elite 1's. What I did say iIs it harder for a 5'11 WR to become an elite 1 versus a 6'1 or above WR which is absolutely the truth.