Around The League V.2

Totty

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Do we need to make the Raiders a family affair?

No we don’t but just have the feeling Jon wants to have his brother there. If successful it gets him another HC job in a couple years (Jay) As soon as I saw Duece was hired I figured Jon’s going to do what he can to help his own. Jay probably won’t get a HC gig for a few years and being your brothers OC is job security until a HC offer comes around. We know Jon will load the O so Jay would probably have a lot of talent to work with compared to other places. Snyder interferes and Mark lets Chuck do as he pleases. 

16 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He's been generating significant pressure every game, while being banged up. I have to call it like I see it. I think Ferrell will be good, but Bosa has a chance to be a consistent double digit sack guy.

That'll be a common theme his entire career if he's similar to Joey. Nicks already been banged up multiple times.

Niners look like a good team, but they faced some terrible teams. Their opponents have a combined record of 5-15. They have a cupcake schedule and should easily hit 10 wins.

Well, Bosa has shown what a top 5 pick should look like.

Edited by agarcia34

On 10/6/2019 at 4:39 PM, BayRaider said:

So how about Amari Cooper?

My last post about Amari for a while. But he has played the equivalent of a full season with the cowboys since being traded, if you include Dallas's two playoff games last year. 

In his 16 games since he's suited up in a Dallas Uniform, his numbers are - 98 Rec, 1408 yards, 12 TDs.

Not bad for a guy some of our bitter fans are calling a #2.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

My last post about Amari for a while. But he has played the equivalent of a full season with the cowboys since being traded, if you include Dallas's two playoff games last year. 

In his 16 games since he's suited up in a Dallas Uniform, his numbers are - 98 Rec, 1408 yards, 12 TDs.

Not bad for a guy some of our bitter fans are calling a #2.

Yes, although Amari highly relies on YAC. Which means he can get you those 30 yard games and 230 yard games. However, Jerry Rice was also a YAC guy...

I loved Amari coming out of the draft, absolutely loved him. I thought he was a mix of Rice/Tim Brown. 

In 2017 I grew tired of his inconsistency. But it’s starting to be apparent that wasn’t his fault. 

However, I’m also under the firm belief WR’s shouldn’t get huge salaries unless you are a legit Top 5-8 Wideout. Yes, you need a competent receiving core, but you don’t need high paid dominant wide outs. Very low important position. 

For now I’ll call the Amari trade a wash. 

Getting a 1st for Cooper will always be a win for us. He was never re-signing here. So, at best, you're looking at a 3rd round comp pick. Tell me how you'd feel about his last game if he was a Raider. He puts up huge stats in a loss with a drop turning into an interception early. The game was 0-0 at that point. After that, GB gets a huge lead. For all his stats, that drop changed the game.

12 hours ago, Chali21 said:

What does Bosa have to do with Ferrell? He was taken before Ferrell i mean it’s not like the Raiders had a chance of taking him. 

If we didn’t win those meaningless games, we would have him or Williams right now, who could be helping us now and into the future. I’m all for winning when it matters, but it’s not like we were going anywhere anyways...

• Like 1