Kyler Murray QB OU

49erurtaza

6 hours ago, pigsooie5 said:

Why because he’s small? 5’6” 180 lb Tarik Cohen is one of the most durable players on the Bears team. Has yet to miss a game in his 2 year career, and iirc didn’t miss a single college game either.

Who is not a QB and therefore doesn't have to take his eyes off those who seek to tackle him in order to get the ball downfield. Not comparable at all.

2 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Who is not a QB and therefore doesn't have to take his eyes off those who seek to tackle him in order to get the ball downfield. Not comparable at all.

No, he's a HB. I hope you're not trying to claim that it is tougher to be durable at QB than HB.

6 hours ago, pigsooie5 said:

Why because he’s small? 5’6” 180 lb Tarik Cohen is one of the most durable players on the Bears team. Has yet to miss a game in his 2 year career, and iirc didn’t miss a single college game either.

You're hiding the ball a bit in that Cohen is a part-time player partly because he's small.

Murray's size is a legitimate concern because QB injuries are a legitimate concern. QBs who run, no matter how big, are prone to get hurt. It's logical to conclude that a smaller player would be prone to more injuries than a bigger player would. That's not always the case (See: Wentz, Mariota, Bradford, Tannehill, Newton, etc.), but it is logical.

2 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

All I am saying is that Murray, as a QB, cannot watch the rush. He has to feel it and focus downfield. Being blindsided hurts. A lot.

And yet, odds are that he won't take more hits than a HB like Cohen.

16 hours ago, lark25 said:

Once he takes a lot of hits and minor injuries take over he’s a risk. Russel Wilson is small but sill bigger than this guy. He was also a better passer and a 3rd rounder.

how is he better than Wilson?

Russ has at least 2” on him and flawless over-the-top mechanics.  Murray is probably 5’9” at best and looks to me like a 3qtr-slot gunslinger.  I’m not sure how much bigger/thicker Russ was coming out but it wasn’t by much.  

There are a ton of QBs that have thrown for a ton of yards in the Big no defense 12.  Tons of QBs with 4000 or 5000 yards passing.  Murray had this one great season on an obviously great offensive system at Oklahoma.  He is very exciting to watch but few even thought he would enter the NFL draft, so viewed him a lot differently with almost little to no expectations on him.  I do feel Russell Wilson was a better pure passer and it is not even close, Murray is more of a wow player similar to Johnny Manziel but is not the headcase Manziel was.  Murray is a great athlete no doubt and could wow at the combine and has above average arm talent throwing the football.

Teams will take a risk on him no doubt especially if they want a developmental QB.  And with teams playing more college type offenses in the NFL it is not something out of the norm to take a player like Murray where years past it would be nuts.  People say hey if Lamar Jackson can be drafted in the 1st round, to me Lamar Jackson is a more superior athlete in terms of pure speed and has a better throwing arm than Murray as well but Murray is more accurate and is a quicker athlete side to side. 

Deshaun Watson is the 1st player I believe to rush for 1000 yards and throw for 4000 yards in college football history and obviously Murray did it this past season.  Kaepernick could have done it but never passed for 4000 yards and same for a few other QBs.  So that alone will make Murray of interest but I doubt he has the success Watson has had but will see what happens with it all.  Would Murray be hard to deal with, he would absolutely be.  

21 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Russ has at least 2” on him and flawless over-the-top mechanics.  Murray is probably 5’9” at best and looks to me like a 3qtr-slot gunslinger.  I’m not sure how much bigger/thicker Russ was coming out but it wasn’t by much.  

Russel Willson is only about an inch taller. Wilson is 5105, Murray is expected to be measured at 5905.

Archived