Tathan Martell transferring to Miami

naptownskinsfan

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Tate Martell and The U are made for each other for many reasons...

They don’t have an OC yet but if they got a guy to run the spread I’d believe it 

but no way should be go to a full pro offense 

he’s gotta look to a spread with pro concepts

Oregon, UCLA, AZ State,Washington St, Cal, WVU,OKST, Texas, Penn State, Auburn, Ole Miss

hes gotta go to a spread team that’s going to embrace his off script style of play

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If he has to sit for a year, Oregon makes a lot of sense.  If he thinks he can get a waiver or pull something off, then they don't since Herbert is sticking around for another season. 

I don't see any reason why Martell would get a waiver.  Thinking you won't be the starter isn't really a hardship.

27 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

He’s not a championship QB. Just in his own mind maybe. Gimme Fields on the big stage over Tathan all day. He may actually do ok at Miami. Aside from Clemson there aren’t any great teams to compete against. 

At all, totally agree. Is a classic front runner, when everything is good he's on top of the world, when the first bit of adversity hits, he crumbles. Teams are going to load the box and dare him to beat him with his arm, which I doubt can happen on a consistent basis.

I think he can make it as a QB in college, and think he will do fine in Miami.

Just a tough break for him, sitting behind the best qb in tOSU history, and then they get a transfer from what would have been the 2nd or 3rd highest rated players to ever play for tOSU (based on recruiting ranking).

simply bad timing for him.

Fields better be declared eligible, or this season will be headed towards very interesting territory.

30 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

I think he can make it as a QB in college, and think he will do fine in Miami.

Just a tough break for him, sitting behind the best qb in tOSU history, and then they get a transfer from what would have been the 2nd or 3rd highest rated players to ever play for tOSU (based on recruiting ranking).

simply bad timing for him.

Fields better be declared eligible, or this season will be headed towards very interesting territory.

I agree with all of that, but I just question his mental makeup.  Doesn't mean he can't push past it, because like you said, being in between two potentially generational talents is tough.  

Fields' camp is supremely confident he will be able to play this year, however, it's definitely a big concern if the NCAA pushes back. 

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I agree with all of that, but I just question his mental makeup.  Doesn't mean he can't push past it, because like you said, being in between two potentially generational talents is tough.  

Fields' camp is supremely confident he will be able to play this year, however, it's definitely a big concern if the NCAA pushes back. 

I doubt the NCAA pushes back with Fields. It's too controversial an issue.

Archived