Should the Steelers get rid of Antonio Brown?

AlNFL19

Antonio Brown  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Steelers get rid of Brown?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Yes, but to assume that a team will just forego any cap repurcussions is irrational. I mean, it could happen, but it’d be puzzling unless the compensation is incredible.

That’s a joke, right? 

Cordarrelle Patterson has elite quickness - how is he as a WR?

Obviously his quickness is a factor, but its the complete package...

Elite Hands
Elite Field Vision and Awareness
Elite Route Running
Elite Body Control

I have absolutely no doubt that Brown can be elite for another 3 years, and be damn good for another 3-4 years after that.

Barring injury or loss of passion for the game, he absolutely has the skillset to be a 1300+ yard WR into his late 30s.

2 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Where did you hear this? Ben is quickly going downhill. At this rate he won't be backup quality in 3 years.

The years is just a guess on my part. He's 36 and we are watching Brady and Brees play at 40, I'm assuming Ben would want a contract that at least gives him that option. So my assumption is that it's 3-4 years with the last one, maybe two years being largely fluff

The extension / restructure is pretty common knowledge at this point, I'm pretty sure. Had been reported a while back

54 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Yes, but to assume that a team will just forego any cap repurcussions is irrational. I mean, it could happen, but it’d be puzzling unless the compensation is incredible.

There aren't really any though, they save a million if he is traded. The cap hit is from the signing bonus that has already been paid. Are they going to get an AB type player with the million saved? No. Are they going to get an AB with the draft picks they get? Unlikely. They aren't trading him because of his abilities though, they are trading him because of his actions. This isn't an on the field thing, this is a fighting with teammates and repeated actions of not putting the team first thing.

Yes!

Im tired of watching this soap opera. The only soap opera I love to watch is The Young And The Restless. So if I want to watch daytime drama Id rather watch Victor Newman v Jack Abbott lol.

As for the Steelers, its has gotten old and its draining and Im not even a Steelers fan. If I want to see divas Id watch Sasha Banks and Charlotte Flair since I love the WWE lol. The Steelers have a team full of divas. Bell wont be there next season, trade Brown, and then if Big Ben continues to act like a diva himself, hope he retires sooner rather than later. The Steelers franchise is better than that. Less noise and more work. I want results. They should be this talented and missing the playoffs in an AFCN that had two rookie QBs in Jackson and Mayfield and another QB who shouldnt even be worthy to start in Driskel. Thats a disgrace to the Steelers. So cut your losses and move on. 

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

The Steelers have a team full of divas. Bell wont be there next season, trade Brown, and then if Big Ben continues to act like a diva himself, hope he retires sooner rather than later. The Steelers franchise is better than that. Less noise and more work. I want results. They should be this talented and missing the playoffs in an AFCN that had two rookie QBs in Jackson and Mayfield and another QB who shouldnt even be worthy to start in Driskel. Thats a disgrace to the Steelers. So cut your losses and move on. 

Outside of the 3 you mentioned, who are the divas?

Every ounce of drama pretty much centers around those 3....but it was still a winning formula.

I agree its gotten old....but its not the reason the team has fallen short.

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

Outside of the 3 you mentioned, who are the divas?

Every ounce of drama pretty much centers around those 3....but it was still a winning formula.

I agree its gotten old....but its not the reason the team has fallen short.

Those are your three best/most important players so thats all it takes to have a trickle down effect on the team. 

9 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

He's become a distraction and I don't think he's going to be worth it. Smith-Schuster out-produced him in receptions and yards, and he makes $656K to Brown's $16M. Brown was also the target of 11 interceptions - getting rid of him could help Roethlisberger limit the turnovers and throw the ball away instead of tossing it up too much. Getting rid of that albatross contract will be hard, but I'd do it if I were the Steelers.

Apparently, Roethlisberger was his own worst enemy this year. Brown and Smith-Schuster were the ones bailing him out with his erratic play. Especially earlier in the year. Brown has become a distraction, but getting rid of a HOF level receiver isn't going to make his job easier. 

7 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Those are your three best/most important players so thats all it takes to have a trickle down effect on the team. 

Well, you said its a team full of divas.

Not quite the same as saying a few divas that are affecting the entire team.

And again, despite the drama, that isnt what has held the team back.    Ben has always been a baby, but his drama is manageable.     Brown has gotten progressively worse to the point wher he has become a distraction.   Bell's was all over money.   You could include Martavis, but he was always an idiot.

10 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Apparently, Roethlisberger was his own worst enemy this year. Brown and Smith-Schuster were the ones bailing him out with his erratic play. Especially earlier in the year. Brown has become a distraction, but getting rid of a HOF level receiver isn't going to make his job easier. 

Not trying to call you out, but I never got this notion of "bailing him out".    People keep saying this, but what does it even mean?   I feel like people just say it without even really knowing. 

Yes, Ben definitely had his struggles this year, especially his deep game, but he wasnt notably worse than he usually is...and when he was off, those guys didnt really "bail him out".

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Well, you said its a team full of divas.

Not quite the same as saying a few divas that are affecting the entire team.

And again, despite the drama, that isnt what has held the team back.    Ben has always been a baby, but his drama is manageable.     Brown has gotten progressively worse to the point wher he has become a distraction.   Bell's was all over money.   You could include Martavis, but he was always an idiot.

Ok then let me rephrase my words. The most important and best players have been a big problem to the team that has caused a trickle down effect in a negative way. Bell it was about money but remember too he did get suspended for off the field stuff with Blount that one time. That cant happen. Then you talk about the money issue, the team shouldnt have turned against him. They made the situation more worse than it shouldve been. 

9 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Not trying to call you out, but I never got this notion of "bailing him out".    People keep saying this, but what does it even mean?   I feel like people just say it without even really knowing. 

Yes, Ben definitely had his struggles this year, especially his deep game, but he wasnt notably worse than he usually is...and when he was off, those guys didnt really "bail him out".

That Big Ben was missing a lot of throws. Or that Smith-Schuster and Brown were essentially making difficult catches in spite of Roethlisberger's accuracy issues. Especially his shots deep, which were pretty lackluster compared to a lot of the other top starters. The Steelers have arguably the best OL in the NFL, but he was not that great when he was kept clean either. It just wasn't the same Big Ben we've seen before. He did play better in the second half of the year though.

Also on receivers, Hopkins was the same in Houston this year for Watson, doing a lot of the heavy lifting. That was basically the Houston offense. :D

Archived