Should the Steelers get rid of Antonio Brown?

AlNFL19

Antonio Brown  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Steelers get rid of Brown?

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

That was 2-3 years removed from a SB Ring. When Keyshawn became a TO. I don't remember any issues in 02' and 03'??

If AB choses to continue being that way, every Organization/coach will have their work cut out for them.

It was the year after they won the Super Bowl.  Keyshawn had only been around Gruden a year and a half when he was deactivated. The following year he was sent to Dallas.

What are some dark horse teams that could look to trade for Brown?

Chiefs? I don’t know their cap situation but Andy Reid has no problem with high maintenance players plus they have two 2nd round picks.....not saying I recommend it since they need to load up on Defense but what  say you Chief fans? 

Saints? No First round draft pick but I could see Sean Payton wanting someone opposite Thomas 

Seahawks? Pete would be able to handle AB, but again they still need to upgrade Oline and defense at some spots 

Not saying any of these teams should trade for him, but just trying to think of someone who might take be willing to trade for him besides the 49ers/Colts/Jets 

10 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Chiefs? I don’t know their cap situation but Andy Reid has no problem with high maintenance players plus they have two 2nd round picks.....not saying I recommend it since they need to load up on Defense but what  say you Chief fans? 

No.

2 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

No.

Good call. Chiefs are winning with a plethora of weapons and spreading it around.
Zero value in adding a 31 yr old diva WR who won't be happy sharing the wealth and the limelight

Q: When the Steelers trade him, can the acquiring team eat some of the prorated SB ?
I thought I remembered when Osweiler got traded, it was both picks and cash changing hands

Could Pitt say to SF:  We want a 2nd OR we'll take a 3rd if you eat some of the cap $$ ? Is that permissible ?

Id love Antonio Brown on the Chiefs. The offense wouldbe unstoppable. Mahones would hit 60 TDs.

Problem is hes not a team player. Thats a big no no here. Everybody shares, everybody contributes. The FO doesnt target guys like that, and i dont really want the drama when hes taking a backseat sometimes

7 minutes ago, DigInBoys said:

If you lose both Brown and Bell in one offseason, and have Ben another year older doesn't that trigger an automatic rebuild, and leave Ben in limbo?

Considering the fact that Ben will likely get an extension this year, I doubt it. Nor does it necessarily signify a rebuild either. Ben took a step back this year for sure but he was not nearly as bad as it seems most people are making it out to be. IMO.

As far as Brown and bell.....no, that doesn't equate to a rebuild either since they still have Juju and Conner. They may not be at the same level as those two, talent wise, but they have both shown the arrow is pointing up and the offense can still produce with them as replacements. Barring injury ofcourse.

It's the defense that needs to rebuild.

54 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Q: When the Steelers trade him, can the acquiring team eat some of the prorated SB ?
I thought I remembered when Osweiler got traded, it was both picks and cash changing hands

Could Pitt say to SF:  We want a 2nd OR we'll take a 3rd if you eat some of the cap $$ ? Is that permissible ?

I don't think so because that's for money they already paid out in signing bonuses that was supposed to be prorated against the cap over the next three years. 

You can't count that against the niners cap because it's money they will not pay him. 

It's become obvious to me that the Steelers have poor cap management. structuring contracts so that they have huge signing bonuses just creates large balloons of dead cap space and is a ticking time bomb. You can only kick the can down the road so far

With the way the cap rolls over, there are better ways to give guys guaranteed money and structure contracts. 

46 minutes ago, N4L said:
1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

I don't think so because that's for money they already paid out in signing bonuses that was supposed to be prorated against the cap over the next three years. 

You can't count that against the niners cap because it's money they will not pay him. 

It's become obvious to me that the Steelers have poor cap management. structuring contracts so that they have huge signing bonuses just creates large balloons of dead cap space and is a ticking time bomb. You can only kick the can down the road so far

With the way the cap rolls over, there are better ways to give guys guaranteed money and structure contracts. 

Yeah you can't trade away a signing bonus. The Browns took on guaranteed money with Osweiler which was guaranteed salary not a bonus. It's like OBJ, it's a $35 million hit if he is cut because of guaranteed money however if they trade him the team he is traded to takes on the guaranteed money and they just are hit with the signing bonus against their cap.

2 hours ago, DigInBoys said:

If you lose both Brown and Bell in one offseason, and have Ben another year older doesn't that trigger an automatic rebuild, and leave Ben in limbo?

Ben has succeeded after losing numerous other WRs and he still has a budding star in Juju.

Conner was doing great before getting hurt.   Not on Bell's level, but he is more than capable.

Ben may regress more, and he will need another weapon next to Juju, but its hardly a rebuild or leaving Ben in limbo.

Voted No, based on the risk that the 49ers could be a potential trade partner. I would not want him on my team. Only cares about himself and I've taken dumps that were more intelligent than Brown is.

Hopefully, he'll stay in Pittsburgh to play second fiddle to JuJu. Or why not being put together with Beckham Jr in New Year, where they can both moan and cry about not seeing enough of the ball, despite being force-fed with 10+ targets per game. 

21 hours ago, Forge said:

I agree with SF, and not just because I'm a niner fan. It makes a ton of sense for them. Also, Lynch and company seem intent on making a big splash acquisition. They traded for JImmy G, and since then, have basically been in on any big name that has even approached the market. OBJ they were rumored to be in on. They made an offer for Mack. They seem to want to acquire a big talent like that. They have the money to take it on, 49er players are already hopping on board, etc. 

I mean yeah its pretty obvious fit. Also because they are across the country in another division. Same reason the 49ers got Jimmy. Even if a team like the Colts come with a strong offer I doubt the Steelers would sent him there over the 49ers just because of division. However because of age, I really only see Brown being a big factor for 2 more seasons before he starts his downfall from elite to good veteran. 

Archived