Conference Championship Games

Leader

Just now, Leader said:

If they're playing man - wait for him to release - then hit him. Not that hard. If they're picking / screening him - harder - but thats not the every play/down circumstance. Disrupt the guys pattern as opposed to going straight into chase from behing mode.

your strategy would be to stand still as a guy gets a 3-5  yard running start towards you, or angles towards the sideline, or angles toward the middle, or runs parallel to the LOS for 5 yards then cuts upfield, or runs towards the sidline then breaks in at a 45 degree angle, or 60 degree angle.... and your strategy is to wait for him to "come to you".

Romo did a great job calling out what they were doing... the chiefs knew as well.  Edelman had already beat them on out breakers and in breakers.  They did the best they could within their scheme... and they failed.  They have a bad defense, and have had one all year. 

On the last one, fuller played it pretty well and forced a perfect ball from Brady.  Unfortunately, Brady delivered a perfect ball.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

This comment stuck with me: If Dee Ford had just done nothing all game, including not line up offsides, the Chiefs are in the Super Bowl.
So I checked the stat line and you know what? His name doesnt appear. No tackles of any sort. No sacks. No tackles for loss. Nothing. So in essence - Dee Ford lining up offsides and costing the Chiefs a shot at the Super Bowl is all he did do.

his pressure forced the early throw on the INT... so, no.

If Dee Ford isn't on the chiefs, Brady holds the ball all game and there are 2-3 more scoring drives for NE in the first half.  Chris Jones doesn't get any tipped balls, etc.

I guess the LT for the patriots didn't do anything at all either.  He isn't in the stat line. Or any of the un-penalized lineman in the entire game.

4 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

his pressure forced the early throw on the INT... so, no.

If Dee Ford isn't on the chiefs, Brady holds the ball all game and there are 2-3 more scoring drives for NE in the first half.  Chris Jones doesn't get any tipped balls, etc.

I guess the LT for the patriots didn't do anything at all either.  He isn't in the stat line. Or any of the un-penalized lineman in the entire game.

how many tackles did Ernie Adams have?

13 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I like to think of him as Cody Parkey 2.0.  Someone who screwed up and the results were awesome.  Bostick is a tragedy.  

How is it awesome? Now we have to deal with at LEAST another 2 weeks of Brady slurping in the media, for a team that's been gifted a trip to the SB YET AGAIN by the zebras with a RTP call almost as bad as the missed DPI against NO, for a team that sleazily left Colts' assistant coaches and their families out to dry last year, for a team that BENCHED one of their players during last year's SB.

Glad they lost last year's SB and I hope they lose again this year, bunch of scumbags. I don't see it happening, though. McVay's conservative playcalling will be their bane against BB.

The Parkey FG was tipped BTW. 

From an acticle about KC/NE :

"Brady helped by getting his passes out after an average of 2.51 seconds......"

This has got to become the new and improved AR. Get rid / throw the damn ball. Let your RBs/WRs/TEs earn their contracts.

3 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

How is it awesome? Now we have to deal with at LEAST another 2 weeks of Brady slurping in the media, for a team that's been gifted a trip to the SB YET AGAIN by the zebras with a RTP call almost as bad as the missed DPI against NO, for a team that sleazily left Colts' assistant coaches and their families out to dry last year, for a team that BENCHED one of their players during last year's SB.

Glad they lost last year's SB and I hope they lose again this year, bunch of scumbags. I don't see it happening, though. McVay's conservative playcalling will be their bane against BB.

The Parkey FG was tipped BTW. 

Because the Chiefs are Vikings South.  

10 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

the edelman one? where he got between edelman and the ball forcing the mistake? I just watched it.  That's him.

No. The original comment - mine - forwarded multiple Twitter comments dealing with the INT that was negated by Ford lining up offside. A "this game is over" play on which Ford was a total non-factor - except for lining up offsides. If you're responding to my post - thats the play you should be discussing. As for the statistical breakdown - i.e. - his not having any stats for the entire game - none - that information comes from both ESPN and NFL/com.

28 minutes ago, Leader said:

No. The original comment - mine - forwarded multiple Twitter comments dealing with the INT that was negated by Ford lining up offside. A "this game is over" play on which Ford was a total non-factor - except for lining up offsides. If you're responding to my post - thats the play you should be discussing. As for the statistical breakdown - i.e. - his not having any stats for the entire game - none - that information comes from both ESPN and NFL/com.

I can't respond to you appropriately since you don't allow people to only quote snippets of your post.   But you said that something stood out... that it was as if ford didn't play in the game.

tHaT'S HOw foOtbALl woRKS

10 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Here's the video:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GregoryLee757/status/955189310063595522?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-26761802041140920665.ampproject.net%2F1901081935550%2Fframe.html

It looks like the ref thought there were two guys from opposing teams getting into a scuffle (you can tell by the way he quickly jumps over to them to break it up) and then laughs about it when he realizes it was two teammates celebrating.  Stevie Wonder could see that he wasn't actually celebrating with the Patriots players. 

I'm not a Patriots fan, btw.

Oh that's 100% what happens. You can tell the way he hurried and there was a jax guy close then he realizes it's teammates and he's kind of embarrassed so he laughs with them. Pretty funny actually.

49 minutes ago, Leader said:

From an acticle about KC/NE :

"Brady helped by getting his passes out after an average of 2.51 seconds......"

This has got to become the new and improved AR. Get rid / throw the damn ball. Let your RBs/WRs/TEs earn their contracts.

I sure hope AR emulates what Brady did last night.  It is damn near impossible to get to the QB when he throws it that quick.

Archived