Conference Championship Games

Leader

I couldn’t post yesterday - too busy throwing up multiple times.  That, and I just have too much hate and disgust in my heart right now.  It’s unhealthy, and I’m not into kicking puppies, so I’m just going to take a long walk today and ponder why I watch the NFL anymore.

6 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I can't respond to you appropriately since you don't allow people to only quote snippets of your post.   But you said that something stood out... that it was as if ford didn't play in the game. tHaT'S HOw foOtbALl woRKS

Fine. The line of conversation is talked out already.

17 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I sure hope AR emulates what Brady did last night.  It is damn near impossible to get to the QB when he throws it that quick.

Exactly. One of the "characteristics" I thought McDaniels might bring and impose on AR. McDaniels isnt the guy - so can only hope.

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

pretty hard to press a guy who is lined up 3 yards behind the LOS the snap.  There's a lot of traffic between the guy covering edelman and edelman himself.

Issue was more that the Chiefs play exclusively man coverage, and needed to send safety help to Gronk.  That left edelman 1 on 1 when he has a good offense which can scheme him that matchup and free release.

Shade inside then, force Edelman to your outside shoulder. Don't just run your defense and hope it works.

This is why the Ryan/Pettine defense has been one of the best containing Brady. 3rd down is for exotics. You call your base on 1st and 2nd and if you can get to third you throw something new at them. Everyone knows what the Pats are going to do, and they run their defense and hope they can stop it. Mix it up, that's exactly what BB does. Saw how well Baltimore dealt with San Diego's offense and emulated that the following week, even though it was completely different than what they usually run.

Mix your M2M and Zone. Hell with every single 3rd down conversions in that late game coming over the middle of the field. I'd have zone blitzed and dropped Kenny Clark straight back and tried to fool Brady into recreating the Raji play. 

If you play New England and you come out of the gate with all sorts of fresh stuff you don't have game after game worth of tape on and they still beat you, tip your cap and move on. It's just so frustrating to see both the Chargers and Chiefs either arrogant or scared (not sure which) enough to run their defense and not adjust and think they'll take down NE.

Rodgers will never play like Brady.  People need to get that through their head here I think.

He's not a precision accurate passer over the middle of the field, and he knows it.  He's not a conductor at the line of scrimmage who believes in the running game and knows how to call an offense based completely on defensive alignment.  Brady learned to do this slowly over a really long career because he had to.  Brady and Mahomes throwing that up the sideline leading pass to a RB is something that Rodgers will probably never be good at. Ball placement and touch over the middle is never going to be Rodgers' forte.

You know what Tom Brady is really bad at that Rodgers is good at?  Throwing a sideline deep ball.  Throwing a deep comeback. Handling pressure up the middle even when guys are covered initially. Running with the football.

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

Rodgers will never play like Brady.  People need to get that through their head here I think.

He's not a precision accurate passer over the middle of the field, and he knows it.  He's not a conductor at the line of scrimmage who believes in the running game and knows how to call an offense based completely on defensive alignment.  Brady learned to do this slowly over a really long career because he had to.  Brady and Mahomes throwing that up the sideline leading pass to a RB is something that Rodgers will probably never be good at. Ball placement and touch over the middle is never going to be Rodgers' forte.

You know what Tom Brady is really bad at that Rodgers is good at?  Throwing a sideline deep ball.  Throwing a deep comeback. Handling pressure up the middle even when guys are covered initially. Running with the football.

Rodgers is good enough to do whatever he wants out there. He has a "forte" by choice. He's the most talented QB to ever play the game. He could run any offense ever created.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Shade inside then, force Edelman to your outside shoulder. Don't just run your defense and hope it works.

This is why the Ryan/Pettine defense has been one of the best containing Brady. 3rd down is for exotics. You call your base on 1st and 2nd and if you can get to third you throw something new at them. Everyone knows what the Pats are going to do, and they run their defense and hope they can stop it. Mix it up, that's exactly what BB does. Saw how well Baltimore dealt with San Diego's offense and emulated that the following week, even though it was completely different than what they usually run.

Mix your M2M and Zone. Hell with every single 3rd down conversions in that late game coming over the middle of the field. I'd have zone blitzed and dropped Kenny Clark straight back and tried to fool Brady into recreating the Raji play. 

If you play New England and you come out of the gate with all sorts of fresh stuff you don't have game after game worth of tape on and they still beat you, tip your cap and move on. It's just so frustrating to see both the Chargers and Chiefs either arrogant or scared (not sure which) enough to run their defense and not adjust and think they'll take down NE.

yeah the loss was totally on the simplistic scheme of the chefs (sic) defense.  Head chef Andy Reid can't find a DC that works for his team.  The ONLY reason this team led the league in sacks was because they were winning so often and other teams were in desperation passing mode.

As far as Fuller's technique... the guy had already been beaten outside when playing heavy inside leverage.  He was put in a really really tough spot by his team.  I think I'd rather make brady throw outside, but he's more than capable there as well.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers is good enough to do whatever he wants out there. He has a "forte" by choice. He's the most talented QB to ever play the game. He could run any offense ever created.

This.  Very much this.  Rodgers is arguably the most talented passer of our generation, yet he insists on these home run plays.  That's his biggest fault.  He's an "all or nothing" passer.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I just can't stand the "play like brady" argument.  Nobody plays like Brady in the same way that nobody plays like Rodgers.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

This.  Very much this.  Rodgers is arguably the most talented passer of our generation, yet he insists on these home run plays.  That's his biggest fault.  He's an "all or nothing" passer.

Precisely why he’s NOT the GOAT, and all references to him as such have been put to rest.

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I just can't stand the "play like brady" argument.  Nobody plays like Brady in the same way that nobody plays like Rodgers.

Oh I agree, and you'd be wasting so much of Rodgers ability making him do so. I think you just have to pretend 2018 ever happened and then look at Rodgers' career. He's really freaking good, and the only guy I want him to play like is Aaron Rodgers.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

2018 Rodgers was also:

not talented enough to recognize where to go with the ball pre-snap at the level of brady to play the short game.

not accurate enough on short passes to be as efficient as you need to be when you need 15 play drives to score.

not good enough at subtle movements in the pocket to maintain his composure and find receivers or live to play another down without taking a sack.

not trusting enough in his teammates to consider every eligible receiver a viable option

and, as you said, not patient enough to throw a short pass early in the down when there are routes with more upside

Archived