Conference Championship Games

Leader

4 hours ago, KManX89 said:

I'll never root for the Pats. Let's not forget this shyt last year: 

refs-celebrating-with-patriots.jpg

4 hours ago, Norm said:

What happened here exactly

Here's the video:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GregoryLee757/status/955189310063595522?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-26761802041140920665.ampproject.net%2F1901081935550%2Fframe.html

It looks like the ref thought there were two guys from opposing teams getting into a scuffle (you can tell by the way he quickly jumps over to them to break it up) and then laughs about it when he realizes it was two teammates celebrating.  Stevie Wonder could see that he wasn't actually celebrating with the Patriots players. 

I'm not a Patriots fan, btw.

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

I'm not going to read this entire thread but the officiating in the NFCC game was atrocious.  That non-OPI call was just the last of several wrong/missed calls on both teams.  I thought the top crews were supposed to work these games?

KC screwed themselves in the AFCC game.  They had a game sealing INT late in the 4th but some goof was lined up in the neutral zone.  However, KC's defense had no answer for Brady and company.  They couldn't get off the field on 3rd down very often.

I think you mean DPI.

And refs screwed the Chiefs on that ridiculous roughing call where the lineman's hand hit Brady's shoulder. 15 yds and auto 1st down. 

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

If the Patriots win, I authorize anybody out there to give me a football lobotomy.  Not a full lobotomy, just a football one.  Take everything about football out my dang head.  Eternal Sunshine of the Football-less mind me.  Take it all. 

110792_original.gif

4 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Guys, Goff isn't it. Patriots are winning this game comfortably. Accept it already and accept that Brady will be praised for completing screen passes against bad defenses as if he's doing things that no other QB could. GOAT

I know one QB who has lots of issues with throwing passes to his RBs. Why do that when you can run around and throw everything deep, even in short yardage situations?

6 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

I just watched the Saints play and I'm speechless... I can't find an explanation other than it was an intentional no call.

This year is bumming me out on football big time.

It was bad, but probably should not have some down to that.  Payton tried to get cute in the redzone instead of running the Rams out of timeouts, but by passing incomplete on first down the clock stopped .. saving the Rams 45 seconds and a TO.  Poor clock management for sure by Sean Payton.

Ouch

Dee Ford at the point of the snap... Game of inches pic.  Thomas Guerry

It will be a long next few days for Dee Ford knowing that all he had to do was line up onside and his team would be going to the Super Bowl — Tony Dungy

Dee Ford should be sick!! Dumb *** football gets you beat every single time. Inexcusable to line up offsides. So bad  - Brian Finneran

This damn Dee Ford lined up offsides. You just can’t make this up. Of course Brady and the @Patriots are gonna win now. How can they not. Just unreal! — Stephen A Smith

Let’s not forget: Lining up in the neutral zone on a game-winning INT? Nobody but the Chiefs — Jim Rome

Pray for Dee Ford’s social media accounts — Phil Hughes

I hate saying this, because I think he’s a good dude, but it’s the truth: If Dee Ford had just done nothing all game, including not line up offsides, the Chiefs are in the Super Bowl — Nate Bukaty

Dee Ford being offsides on that pick really sucked — Cody Tapp

There were three seconds before I realized there had been a flag thrown that ended up being Dee Ford for offsides when I thought the chiefs were going to the super bowl. I’ll be living off of those three seconds of bliss for the entire offseason — Ajay Nair

You know what’s wild? If Dee Ford doesn’t line up offsides, all the talk would be about how Tom Brady threw three interceptions in a loss. Instead, it’s yet another happy chapter in the ’s story — Ryan Mink

This comment stuck with me: If Dee Ford had just done nothing all game, including not line up offsides, the Chiefs are in the Super Bowl.
So I checked the stat line and you know what? His name doesnt appear. No tackles of any sort. No sacks. No tackles for loss. Nothing. So in essence - Dee Ford lining up offsides and costing the Chiefs a shot at the Super Bowl is all he did do.

Ouch #2

7 hours ago, Slinky said:

I think you mean DPI.

And refs screwed the Chiefs on that ridiculous roughing call where the lineman's hand hit Brady's shoulder. 15 yds and auto 1st down. 

Actually I think Pugger was referencing the obvious pick play KC ran near the end.  It was effing obvious.  People can complain about the refs all they want, the officiating was horrible this year, but the Saints overall got more calls than the Rams.  I have to give kudos to the Pats.  They are the best coached team in football.  There's only one guy I would want off their roster (Gronk) and they just do their job.  BB is the greatest cheater ever.

17 minutes ago, Leader said:

You know what’s wild? If Dee Ford doesn’t line up offsides, all the talk would be about how Tom Brady threw three interceptions in a loss. Instead, it’s yet another happy chapter in the ’s story — Ryan Mink

This one is so gross.

If Rodgers caught 1/4 of the Pats breaks like this he'd be GOAT easily.

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This one is so gross. If Rodgers caught 1/4 of the Pats breaks like this he'd be GOAT easily.

Oh - I agree.

Tell me if I'm wrong - but didnt the "roughing the passer" hand to Brady's shoulder pad happen on a failed third + 10 conversion?

I dont know who the KC DC is (I hardly know our coaches!) but @Packerraymond hit the nail right on the head when commenting that giving the (very, very few) NE WRs free release off the LOS was the absolute dumbest strategy in the world. I mean - EVERYBODY knew he was gonna chuck as much as he could to Edelmann. He tried Patterson twice - with bad results. So HIT THE LITTLE GUY at the snap! Knock him offstride. Put him on his butt. You already know your pass rush has reached "close but no cigar" stage - that ain't happening - so  do something to disrupt the patterns. They didnt - and what Brady didnt throw off target - or Edelman miss / drop - they picked up first downs on.

And Eric Berry aint the defensive monster the media plays him up to be. When Brady needed Gronk to be there - he was. If Berry wasnt interfering - it was a completion.

Bad D IMO.

Just now, Leader said:

And Eric Berry aint the defensive monster the media plays him up to be. When Brady needed Gronk to be there - he was. If Berry wasnt interfering - it was a completion.

In his defense, this was like him at 70%.  He's been injured literally all year and has only played in like four games. 

41 minutes ago, Leader said:

Oh - I agree.

Tell me if I'm wrong - but didnt the "roughing the passer" hand to Brady's shoulder pad happen on a failed third + 10 conversion?

I dont know who the KC DC is (I hardly know our coaches!) but @Packerraymond hit the nail right on the head when commenting that giving the (very, very few) NE WRs free release off the LOS was the absolute dumbest strategy in the world. I mean - EVERYBODY knew he was gonna chuck as much as he could to Edelmann. He tried Patterson twice - with bad results. So HIT THE LITTLE GUY at the snap! Knock him offstride. Put him on his butt. You already know your pass rush has reached "close but no cigar" stage - that ain't happening - so  do something to disrupt the patterns. They didnt - and what Brady didnt throw off target - or Edelman miss / drop - they picked up first downs on.

Bad D IMO.

pretty hard to press a guy who is lined up 3 yards behind the LOS the snap.  There's a lot of traffic between the guy covering edelman and edelman himself.

Issue was more that the Chiefs play exclusively man coverage, and needed to send safety help to Gronk.  That left edelman 1 on 1 when he has a good offense which can scheme him that matchup and free release.

7 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

pretty hard to press a guy who is lined up 3 yards behind the LOS the snap.  There's a lot of traffic between the guy covering edelman and edelman himself.

If they're playing man - wait for him to release - then hit him. Not that hard. If they're picking / screening him - harder - but thats not the every play/down circumstance. Disrupt the guys pattern as opposed to going straight into chase from behing mode.

Archived