Packers hire Nate Hackett as OC

pwny

An uninspiring hire to say the least. Will probably be a successful offense anyway simply because of Rodgers... but if they were looking for a crisp offensive mind to take the offense to the next level, well, this isn't him. Most Jaguars games I watched with him at the offensive helm looked like the most generic offense I've ever seen in pro football for quite some time.

42 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

An uninspiring hire to say the least. Will probably be a successful offense anyway simply because of Rodgers... but if they were looking for a crisp offensive mind to take the offense to the next level, well, this isn't him. Most Jaguars games I watched with him at the offensive helm looked like the most generic offense I've ever seen in pro football for quite some time.

You have a QB who can't execute generic so the next logical step would be to make it more complex right? 

This is LaFleur's offense. Hackett will make practice plans, run meetings, watch film, help with game planning, etc. Basically a fancy title for LaFleur's offensive administrative assistant.

He's apparently very energetic coach which is what GB needed, the practices under McCarthy were quite plain as the years grew on.

36 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

about as good an OC hire as Lafleur was a HC hire so I at least admire the consistency. 

Wut

Hackett may be a crappy OC (he's also not calling plays so...it's a figurehead position tbh) but LaFleur was a damn fine hire. Considering there was no "must have" candidate, I'd rather take a chance on the guy a year too early rather than get into a bidding war when the inexperience wears off. 

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Wut

Hackett may be a crappy OC (he's also not calling plays so...it's a figurehead position tbh) but LaFleur was a damn fine hire. Considering there was no "must have" candidate, I'd rather take a chance on the guy a year too early rather than get into a bidding war when the inexperience wears off. 

he has one season calling plays under his belt and he did a pretty mediocre job

TBH if Lafleur is play-calling then Hackett is a gloried Assistant-to-the-Regional Manager.   Then the impact is negligible.

If Hackett goes anywhere near play-calling, though, I take back anything nice that I ever said about GM Gutekunst.   Dude should never go near a playbook or headset ever again during gameday other than to get it to Lafleur / other OC-type.

Archived