2019 Draft: Targets

G08

2 hours ago, Damikeeeee said:

All these RBs made trying to pry Leonard Fournette out of Jax look a lot better. 

I wouldn't say "all." Montgomery, Singletary and Sanders all look like better fits in this offense than Fournette would, and this is coming from a guy who would have picked Fournette #1 in that class. I was at the LSU/Ole Miss game when Fournette ran for about 40 million yards on 7 carries.

Assuming we aren’t addressing the openings in FA the more I think about it the more I talk myself into wanting us to fill our K and P openings with both of the Utah guys Matt Gay (K) and Mitch Wishnowsky (P). If we’re going rookie kicker I want him to be as comfortable as possible, and what better place to start than with continuity in the guy who holds on his kicks? 

11 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Assuming we aren’t addressing the openings in FA the more I think about it the more I talk myself into wanting us to fill our K and P openings with both of the Utah guys Matt Gay (K) and Mitch Wishnowsky (P). If we’re going rookie kicker I want him to be as comfortable as possible, and what better place to start than with continuity in the guy who holds on his kicks? 

Have to say with two 7th round picks the thought crossed my mind two...I am a fan of Jack Fox out of Rice as a punter but I would have no issue going with both Utah guys.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Have to say with two 7th round picks the thought crossed my mind two...I am a fan of Jack Fox out of Rice as a punter but I would have no issue going with both Utah guys.

I think the comfort aspect is really big. Especially for a rookie. All about setting him up for success. Plus Gay has a big leg. Tracy didn’t even do kickoffs at LSU. 

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Yeah, Wishnowsky.  There's a Chicago Bears name for ya.  Not Grabowski but close.  :D

Gotta think with his leg strength Gay is a guy Pace would be looking hard at.

On 3/2/2019 at 9:39 AM, Madmike90 said:

Fournette lacks the short area quickness that seems to be needed in this offence.

He lacks the same thing he has his whole life. Help. His feet are incredibly quick and his acceleration is off the charts. 

8 hours ago, soulman said:

Yeah, Wishnowsky.  There's a Chicago Bears name for ya.  Not Grabowski but close.  :D

Gotta think with his leg strength Gay is a guy Pace would be looking hard at.

Yeah, Pace was very specific in mentioning that he wants a guy who has leg strength that can drive the ball through the wind. Gay fits that. Wishnowsky is more hang time and directional than a boomer which while not ideal is actually a really good fit for a team with an elite defense. 

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Yeah, Pace was very specific in mentioning that he wants a guy who has leg strength that can drive the ball through the wind. Gay fits that. Wishnowsky is more hang time and directional than a boomer which while not ideal is actually a really good fit for a team with an elite defense. 

Makes me wonder what he ever saw in Parkey that made him feel he could.  Is it possible Parkey was a recommendation from Chris Tabor since he had him in Cleveland?

7 hours ago, soulman said:

Makes me wonder what he ever saw in Parkey that made him feel he could.  Is it possible Parkey was a recommendation from Chris Tabor since he had him in Cleveland?

Could be that in 2017 Parkey was pretty much money in the bank from 45 and in. Had that been the case in 2018 he wouldn’t be gone. 

I havent watched Penn st or AL backs yet, but I watched tape on Singletary, Montgomery, Hill and Armstead this weekend.

Justice Hill is best fit for Bears IMO.  I watched him a few months ago and posted him as a target and I haven't changed my mind.

Not sure why he wasn't getting love, but now he tested really well at combine makes me think he might shoot up some boards. I hope he doesn't. 

Draft websites had him ranked around 9th amongst running backs before. Wonder if that will change this week. 

He gives that receiver/rb hybrid Bears are looking for.  Not that big though.  He is reportedly very strong.  I havent seen that capability in the other backs at NFL level.

I tried to find drills of running backs running routes at combine on youtube, but couldn't find any other than a handful of highlights.

Archived