2019 Draft: Targets

G08

51 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Sounds like Miles Sanders is not going to make it to 87. Another one gets away.

I'm a big fan of Sanders but I don't think he will go much sooner if at all...he was great at the combine and that will send some scouts back to the tape where they will see a guy who in today's NFL where RBs are so devalued should go in the 3rd range...most of these guys should.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Savage would be the ideal replacement for Amos...not sure I would want him as a nickel but defos as a SS.

I say that because his size and coverage ability makes him a possibility and because we do have Bush as a SS prospect if we lose Amos.   But there are others as well.  I just saw Savage as being kind of a Tryann Mathieu type who could go either way.

Right now the consensus is that it's more likely someone will overpay for Callahan than Bush as the price for Safeties may have plateaued and the market is not lean at all compared to the market for good Slot CBs.  Still a week to go before we'll know though.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Sounds like Miles Sanders is not going to make it to 87. Another one gets away.

If he's Pace's guy this might be where Howard gets traded draft weekend and we get a pick we may use to move up for him.

Despite all the noise out of Schefter who like Rapaport can always stretch the vaguest rumor into headline news it's tough to see Pace pull the trigger on a trade for Howard with having a vet RB target he feels he can land.  JMHO

15 hours ago, soulman said:

If we end up taking a DB in round 3 this kid Darnell Savage from Maryland as a potential Slot CB to replace Callahan has my attention.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/darnell-savage?id=32195341-5642-6683-d1ee-77f79bcf3445

Savage is a guy I like a lot. Mike Edwards too. And Amani Hooker. That round 3-4 range for safety has several guys who seem like good fits.  

Nebraska OL Tanner Farmer put up 39 reps and had a 32.5" vertical and 9-10" broad jump at 6-3" 325lbs...

Played both guard and centre

Highly experienced

Wrestling back ground

Outstanding leader

From Highland, Illinois

Could be well worth a late round flier or priority UDFA

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Nebraska OL Tanner Farmer put up 39 reps and had a 32.5" vertical and 9-10" broad jump at 6-3" 325lbs...

Played both guard and centre

Highly experienced

Wrestling back ground

Outstanding leader

From Highland, Illinois

Could be well worth a late round flier or priority UDFA

I think it is critical that we have Hiestand at least 1 later round OG that he can work with for 2019 to replace Long on the cheap in 2020.

Coward vs 2019 Draft pick for the RG spot in 2020 would be an ideal scenario from a cap perspective.

17 hours ago, G08 said:

Per Tony Pauline the Bears are interested...

Ozigbo is a guy i was interested in us. a crime he wasn't invited to the combine, but those are really good numbers for him. Josh Norris is a big fan of him as well

The draft network has a fairly accurate mock draft simulator.  Much better than fanspeak.

Bears will find it tough to two good players in this draft with their picks.

One is more likely.  They have to really go after their highest rated player in 3rd and not miss.

16 hours ago, dll2000 said:

The draft network has a fairly accurate mock draft simulator.  Much better than fanspeak.

One is more likely.  They have to really go after their highest rated player in 3rd and not miss.

I'd agree and it's also why I'd like to see Pace fill whatever positions he needs in FA including RB if he plans to trade Howard.

I'd wanna roll into that 3rd round looking for a can't miss guy who fell through the cracks then use picks four and five to add specific depth.

One thing that’s kinda cool is if the first pick for Pace & Co is 87 they’ll eliminate at least the top 30-45 from contention putting much more time and focus on the mid-later rounds than any other GM as far as time and scouting. I’m intrigued and confident he’ll find some playmakers this draft

51 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

One thing that’s kinda cool is if the first pick for Pace & Co is 87 they’ll eliminate at least the top 30-45 from contention putting much more time and focus on the mid-later rounds than any other GM as far as time and scouting. I’m intrigued and confident he’ll find some playmakers this draft

You would think, but he says he still puts same time into top guys as he would if he had top picks just for potential future information and in case they want to trade up. 

He said nothing about their process has changed this year.

On 3/8/2019 at 5:09 PM, dll2000 said:

Just did it. Pretty content overall. I am assuming we missed on the HB market, For Howard I am going to pretend we got a 2020 pick.

3) CB - Rock Ya-Sin

- Goes to NB right away. Bush gets the start at SS.

4) OLB - Anthony Nelson

- Becomes our #3 EDGE, likely begins to take reps from Floyd later in the year on obvious passing downs, could get a few reps when Mack starts getting gassed from the constant double teams.

5) HB - Bryce Love

- Oft injured but dynamic talent. Maybe we get an Eddie Jackson kind of situation here... (prays even knowing it wouldn't). Worth getting a day 1-2 talent on such a cheap flier here.

7a) OG/OT - Mitch Hyatt

- HH needs to get more talent to work with, this is a guy to work with. I like him a lot more as an OG, to put it into perspective his numbers (minus the bench) were pretty damn close to Quenton Nelson's. He isn't half the player of course, but it is plenty to work with in a prospect.

7b)HB - Alex Barnes

- I like him as a goal line and short yardage back. With Cohen and Love we need one. He has potential to grow to more. His scores at the Combine were pretty comparable to Nick Chubb. Plus with Love's talent unquestionable (IMO) but his health being very questionable, we need a RB that compliments Cohen.

On 3/8/2019 at 5:09 PM, dll2000 said:

I’ve used both. Fanspeak depends on which big board you choose, but if you pay the $12 you can also do the FA simulation which I like too (even if it’s flawed). 

Archived