Raiders Defense

Rolni

1 hour ago, Blazer026 said:

Whitehead is the only LB who can tackle, but he can't cover much. 

He can sorta tackle, but he can't make any run plays in the backfield and he can't cover. So he can make a couple tackles a game on 3-6 yard runs. What good is that? 

To NJRaider, yeah. We certainly have other team needs, but it's almost at the point where the LB corps is so bad, a double dip in the first is not insanity. That's how bad it is. 

Guenther still has done nothing to impress me. I get that there’s a talent deficiency, but these guys are often beat by more than just being less talented than the opposition. Consistently look unprepared, confused, and out of position. 

• Like 1

We definitely need help at the 2nd and 3rd levels of the D. A lot of help. 

We're probably not picking high enough to grab one of the "can't miss" guys, and I will be furious if we use another first on another D-lineman while ignoring the rest of the D anyway. 

At this point, I'd be open to seeing what someone is willing to give up in exchange for one of our firsts to get us into the 2nd as well- unless the draftboard starts filling up with more LB talent once underclassmen declare.

Give me a CB in rd 1. We gclearly need at least 2 LBs to be worth anything. We're set at S with KJo, Abram, and Harris. 

At the very least it's a decent draft for LBs in the middle rounds. I'd be cool using all of our 3rd on LBs. 

I'm not going to bother with the offense right now, but real WRs are obviously a must as well. Enough with the practice squad level talent there.

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

The defensive talent wasn't deep to begin with, and injuries and suspensions have decimated not only the talent, but have forced us to bring on guys who have had to learn the system on the fly.  The last couple of games there has been missed assignments and confusion on the back end of the defense.

The starters that were with us in camp are mostly gone. The remaining starters who are playing fairly well are rookies-Crosby, Ferrell, Mullens. 

Jonathan Abrams, Karl Joseph, Burfict, Lee, Joyner, Morrow, Conley, Key- half the starters are not playing or gone. This D has been totally gutted.

We need LBs first and foremost. Additionally, a CB and an interior lineman. But, this team with a couple more players in next years draft can be much improved next year. Look at the 49ers. We can be good at S. The DL might need another player, but they can be better in their sophmore year on the edge.  We still need more pass rush. Ferrell hasn't proven to me that he will bring a consistent pass rush, but Crosby looks great. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

Watching our defense today, chase Young doesn't solve anything. Bell was getting cheap yards on swings and their slot guys/ tight ends were killing us in yac yards. Need lb and safety help. Having a healthy Abram should help that a little bit 

Dont agree at all. Arguably one of the better DE prospects in recent memory does alot for a defense. There is no LB or DB in this draft that will have a greater impact than Young. 

3 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Dont agree at all. Arguably one of the better DE prospects in recent memory does alot for a defense. There is no LB or DB in this draft that will have a greater impact than Young. 

Think he meant that yes, Young was would have a big impact, but would it overcome the lack of talent on the backend? Mainly our putrid LB play.