Raiders Defense

Rolni

On 5/13/2021 at 12:33 PM, Darbsk said:

Nah, I don't think it's telling at all. He was stashed on IR in a Covid hit TC so it doesn't mean much to me. Let all those guys like Muse, Deablo, Morrow compete at TC and keep the best ones. I'm not going to write a rookie off after such an abridged off season but he's definitely got some competition for his roster spot for sure and that is healthy all round. 

lol i dont understand this Muse talk...last training camp Javin Whiter clearly outplayed him..JG even said so Muse will be lucky to even make the team

24 minutes ago, lester said:

lol i dont understand this Muse talk...last training camp Javin Whiter clearly outplayed him..JG even said so Muse will be lucky to even make the team

As much as I didn't want muse in the (albeit very late) 3rd, I think we should let him hit the field before we say he's a bust.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lester said:

I'd take the camp notes with a grain of salt personally unless you've seen them practice in person, White was the feel good story last year but until I see more I'm going to reserve judgement on all these young guys.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I'd take the camp notes with a grain of salt personally unless you've seen them practice in person, White was the feel good story last year but until I see more I'm going to reserve judgement on all these young guys.

If the new staff was confident in Muse and/or White I don't think they would've spent a third round pick on Deablo. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If the new staff was confident in Muse and/or White I don't think they would've spent a third round pick on Deablo. 

Yep. Muse and Bowden were stupid picks. I think Bowden can be a good player, but the staff botched his development supremely.

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yep. Muse and Bowden were stupid picks. I think Bowden can be a good player, but the staff botched his development supremely.

Bowden could be a pretty solid slot WR/gadget guy but drafting him as a RB was a pretty bad decision. IIRC we wanted Antonio Gibson but he went a few picks before us. He had a pretty good year transitioning from WR to RB but he was a much better athlete than Bowden. 

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeh, I don't disagree with this but I'd still like to see all these guys in practice and see what they've got. We've been stung by these Melifonwu, Darnell Bing types before so I'm interested in getting them all out there and seeing if a real DC can make something out of them. I don't really care which one but one of them has to really pan out 😀

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Bowden could be a pretty solid slot WR/gadget guy but drafting him as a RB was a pretty bad decision. IIRC we wanted Antonio Gibson but he went a few picks before us. He had a pretty good year transitioning from WR to RB but he was a much better athlete than Bowden. 

what was weird about Gibson is that WFT didnt use him in the passing game nearly as much as you'd expect for a guy transitioning from WR

9 hours ago, Turnobili said:

what was weird about Gibson is that WFT didnt use him in the passing game nearly as much as you'd expect for a guy transitioning from WR

He still had like 30 catches IIRC. Gibson's body type and athleticism translated a lot better to RB than Bowden's did.