πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

13 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

I will do it.

Β 

Β 

Β 

I don't know if you are Dak's infamous brother or you have job like faith in him (homerism in other words).Β 

You are very selective too, only on the opposite results and that's not only here but in the Cowboys forum too.

Eagles fans, I have some questions for you.Β Β 

I'm working on a mock offseason and I'm curious about pending FA linebacker TJ Edwards. My questions are these:Β 

- Do you think TJ Edwards gets franchise tagged?Β 

- How much money do you expect to offer Edwards to stay with the Eagles?Β 

- Do you expect him to sign an extension with the Eagles?Β 

- How much money do you think it would take for another team to steal him away from the Eagles?

Β 

41 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm working on a mock offseason and I'm curious about pending FA linebacker TJ Edwards. My questions are these:Β 

- How much money do you think it would take for another team to steal him away from the Eagles?

Β 

No way he gets franchised. They might sign him to an extension if he doesn’t want a huge number. Eagles don’t spend at LB. I would anticipate they want to get Edwards back but are willing to let him walk. I would expect either Edwards or White back, whoever is cheaper, with their preference being TJ.Β 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2023 at 2:06 PM, Broadway Joe said:

Someone mentioned here days ago that Carson as a teammate is not as bad as we say when you don't expect him to be the guy. And to be honest I think it has been overblown. As for him being coachable that's another matter entirely.Β 

And it sounds like there were no issues we ever heard about him in Washington. That said, it's incredibly crazy how much better the team seemed to play and come together under Heinicke and even yesterday for Howell.Β 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

So what is the over/under of how many INTs that won’t be Dak’s fault will be thrown next week? I’m setting the line at 1.5

He'll throw 2 INT, but 1 will definitely be "his fault", so Under, just 1 that "isn't his fault"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

And it sounds like there were no issues we ever heard about him in Washington. That said, it's incredibly crazy how much better the team seemed to play and come together under Heinicke and even yesterday for Howell.Β 

Same thing happened here. The team responds better towards a QB who ISN'T Carson. Presumably because of the same song and dance we've seen to this point. Nobody like Carson, because he's an a-hole.

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Β 

Kyzir White also scheduled to be a FA, so most likely we bring back TJ and let Kyzir go, at which point Nakobe Dean takes over as the starter next to TJ.

Not sure what he'll cost.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 9:31 AM, Broadway Joe said:

I don't know if you are Dak's infamous brother or you have job like faith in him (homerism in other words).Β 

You are very selective too, only on the opposite results and that's not only here but in the Cowboys forum too.

I’m not selective at all. I keep it pretty real. Being against totally outlandish takes doesn’t make me a homer. Being against the general criticism of β€˜LMAoo dAk sUcKs’ doesn’t make me a homer when the criticism against him is ridiculously over the top and stupid.

It’s telling that Stafford didn’t get this same energy last year when he threw interceptions all over the place and led the league in that category. Instead everyone called him a hero and saw him as a top level QB. But then Dak has a similar struggle and people act like he’s awful despite the fact many of the picks objectively haven’t been his fault. People also zero in on the one stat that fits their agenda while ignoring the fact that no one was throwing touchdowns at a better rate than Dak since coming back aside from Patrick Mahomes. No one seemed to care that he made the Cowboys offense dynamite, scoring over 30 points a game leading the Cowboys to the highest scoring offense in the league over the stretch of games that he came back to lead the offense after a significant injury.
Β 

The narrative is insanely stupid. It’s a take you’d expect completely uninformed, casuals to have. This has happened with Dak just like it happened to Romo. I’m not even going saying he’s the best thing ever.. but by contrast there is a large population saying he sucks. Think it has less to do with me being a homer and more to do with people being biased haters because they love getting off on it. The life of a Cowboys fan..

Edited by NoFlyZone

13 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

I’m not selective at all. I keep it pretty real. Being against totally outlandish takes doesn’t make me a homer. Being against the general criticism of β€˜LMAoo dAk sUcKs’ doesn’t make me a homer when the criticism against him is ridiculously over the top and stupid.

It’s telling that Stafford didn’t get this same energy last year when he threw interceptions all over the place and led the league in that category. Instead everyone called him a hero and saw him as a top level QB. But then Dak has a similar struggle and people act like he’s awful despite the fact many of the picks objectively haven’t been his fault. People also zero in on the one stat that fits their agenda while ignoring the fact that no one was throwing touchdowns at a better rate than Dak since coming back aside from Patrick Mahomes. No one seemed to care that he made the Cowboys offense dynamite, scoring over 30 points a game leading the Cowboys to the highest scoring offense in the league over the stretch of games that he came back to lead the offense after a significant injury.
Β 

The narrative is insanely stupid. It’s a take you’d expect completely uninformed, casuals to have. This has happened with Dak just like it happened to Romo. I’m not even going saying he’s the best thing ever.. but by contrast there is a large population saying he sucks. Think it has less to do with me being a homer and more to do with people being biased haters because they love getting off on it. The life of a Cowboys fan..

Nah Dak doesn't suck. Nor have I ever bought in with Stafford who I think got too much praise last year because people felt bad for his tenure in Detroit.Β 

He has been bailed a ton throughout his career by a very good to elite supporting cast for his errant throws, except this year and 2017 that he doesn't have them, he has seen the other side of that this year. But now, he is much better than in 2017 because of the growth he's had as a player.Β 

As I said earlier, the guy is elite pre-snap, but accuracy has never been his forte. Granted, a lot of the picks have hit his receivers in the hands, when other times in his career a receiver has made an insane catch on a very inaccurate ball.Β Β 

Β 

The Eagles Eagles finish as the #1 pass defense in the NFL for first time since 1991, allowing just 180 passing yards/game.Β 

The defense also finished #2 in overall defense. Allowed just 15 more yards than the 49ers all year:
49ers: 300.6 yards per game (5,110 total yards)
Eagles: 301.5 yards per game (5,125 total yards)

Β 

Β 

31 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Can you imagine a world where we had both Matts and NFZ slobbering over and defending everything Winston Prescott related?

I might take my own Reddit Vcation. Thank god it's only 1 idiot at a time. 🍺

Obvious reason for that

• Like 2