🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

6 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

What time are the Cowboys playing Sunday? 

Come on man I know you’re at least a little more clever than this. 
But hey maybe if a match against the GIANTS of all teams was my team’s ticket to the championship game I’d be here gloating, too… check that, no I wouldn’t because that’s incredibly lame for obvious reasons. Have fun getting crushed this weekend — Niners are obviously not the Giants.

Edited by NoFlyZone

22 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Come on man I know you’re at least a little more clever than this. 
But hey maybe if a match against the GIANTS of all teams was my team’s ticket to the championship game I’d be here gloating, too… check that, no I wouldn’t because that’s incredibly lame for obvious reasons. Have fun getting crushed this weekend — Niners are obviously not the Giants.

Sorry, still can’t find when they are playing. Maybe you can send me a link? It’s just really hard to find…..

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Quinn coming back is big for the Cowboys. I’m not sure you plug any DC in there the past 2 years and get these results. Should be interesting to see if they keep Kellen assuming no team gives him a HC job which I don’t think he deserves right now.

Staying in Dallas for a championship is like staying working at McDonalds for the Sushi 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Danger said:

Were you even alive the last time the Cowboys were relevant?

Imagine calling a team with back to back 12+ win seasons as a legit contender in the NFC irrelevant lol. Like I said to Pete.. have fun with San Fran. If your team loses will that mean they were irrelevant this season, too?

Edited by NoFlyZone

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

Imagine calling a team with back to back 12+ win season’s as a legit contender in the NFC irrelevant lol. Like I said to Pete.. have fun with San Fran. If your team loses will that mean they were irrelevant this season, too?

When is that 12 win season banner going up? I bet it’ll be a big day for you 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

When is that 12 win season banner going up? I bet it’ll be a big day for you 

As you can see I’ve been celebrating and throwing confetti all over the forum   /s

Maybe put it up there with your banner for your BIG win against the New York Giants!!!!

Edited by NoFlyZone

6 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

As you can see I’ve been celebrating and throwing confetti all over the forum   /s

Maybe put it up there with your banner for your BIG win against the New York Giants!!!!

I don't think you are making as much sense as you think. 

And this comes from me, who doesn't necessarily disagree with the notion of "not winning it all = failure". But, we have a Super Bowl win recently. Would I be in your place, I most certainly wouldn't be as content as you were on the Cowboys forum. That is why I was fed up with Andy Reid after 09', we only had the illusion of competing, it looked like we were but falling short for the same reasons. Which is where you are right now. 

6 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don't think you are making as much sense as you think. 

And this comes from me, who doesn't necessarily disagree with the notion of "not winning it all = failure". But, we have a Super Bowl win recently. Would I be in your place, I most certainly wouldn't be as content as you were on the Cowboys forum. That is why I was fed up with Andy Reid after 09', we only had the illusion of competing, it looked like we were but falling short for the same reasons. Which is where you are right now. 

Well you’re certainly one of the more reasonable people here. But I don’t think there is an “illusion of competing” when you lose to arguably the best/ hottest team in football by one score on the road. I’m able to give the Niners their props while also recognizing that my team has been good, strong as well. Niners have just had their number, to their credit. 

I mean are we going to say the Bills and Josh Allen give off the illusion of being competitive because of being dismissed from the divisional round three years in a row? They’re a very celebrated/ respected team and QB despite that.. which I think is fair. Dallas is in that same category right now… just not quite the absolute best in their conference. Not being the absolute best/ representative for the conference in the SB doesn’t = being an irrelevant team. Likewise for Philly if they lose this weekend.

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

No, it mentioned three very specific players in a stupid comparison. Then I explained why it was stupid. You twist and turn the original conversation to whatever nonsense you please regardless of whether it makes ANY sense at all lol. And then you tack on completely baseless things like bringing up vague things that I’ve said in different conversations and then loosely attaching it to the conversation for no reason… as if I haven’t offered you guys more explanation for my points than you even care to read. 

You’re just continuing to make up whatever you want. I never implied that all success is credit to Dak and that he’s blameless for anything else. I literally just said that he played poorly against the Niners last week and now you’re gonna sit here and act like I’m saying he’s blameless for the times he’s fallen short. Come on man lol. I know you all want me to be the type of Cowboy fan that exists pretty much just in memes and your imaginations… but that isn’t reality. 

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

What crow is there to eat? The desperation to act like I was in here shouting ‘wE dEM bOyS!’ Or being all like ‘it’s our year!!!!!’ Is completely dumb. The Cowboys lost to arguably the best team in football on the road by one score.. it is what it is. Doesn’t mean it was foolish for me to think they were a good football team having a strong season. I never took it further than that, though. I never said they were better than the Niners nor did I say they were better than Philly. I think Philly and Dallas were similar.. personally think the Niners are slightly better than both. 

Just because there are times where I’ve discussed the Cowboys offense that doesn’t mean I was saying they were going to win it all. Just because I’ve at totally separate times discussed the Cowboys ability on offense and simply stated the Eagles were beatable doesn’t even imply I thought one was factually better than the other. I never correlated the two points — you’re the only one doing that for your own dumb agenda. You guys have acted time and again like I’ve said your team is bad or fraudulent or something when I’ve never done that and have instead even said multiple times that the Eagles are a good, strong team. Talking about the Dallas offense isn’t some sort of implication that they’re the best team in football and that no one else could hang… lol.

Like I said in my other post, you’re just making up your own narrative. There isn’t anything to back it up. 

I have to give it to you. You had me going for a while. I was convinced it wasn’t true. But there’s just no effing way it’s not true. You ARE Matts. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Imagine calling a team with back to back 12+ win seasons as a legit contender in the NFC irrelevant lol. Like I said to Pete.. have fun with San Fran. If your team loses will that mean they were irrelevant this season, too?

I'll take that as a no.

38 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Well you’re certainly one of the more reasonable people here. But I don’t think there is an “illusion of competing” when you lose to arguably the best/ hottest team in football by one score on the road. I’m able to give the Niners their props while also recognizing that my team has been good, strong as well. Niners have just had their number, to their credit. 

I mean are we going to say the Bills and Josh Allen give off the illusion of being competitive because of being dismissed from the divisional round three years in a row? They’re a very celebrated/ respected team and QB despite that.. which I think is fair. Dallas is in that same category right now… just not quite the absolute best in their conference. Not being the absolute best/ representative for the conference in the SB doesn’t = being an irrelevant team. Likewise for Philly if they lose this weekend.

It is an illusion precisely because of that, because if you isolate it you think you were close, but you look back how it keeps happening and how long it has been, you can draw the conclusion that it's not really as close as you originally thought because some major changes will be needed. 

As for the Bills, I get if people want to start mocking them, but that's a discussion for the Bills forum.