🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

35 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Sounds to me like hitting the reset button? Problem is you have a fanbase that has suffered a decade of putrid football. You just had your 1st winning season since 2016 and won your first playoff game since 2011. Hopes are high for next year. Now you want to sell to the fans that getting rid of the two most important pieces of that winning season is the right move. Suffer another couple of 4-5 win seasons so you can rebuild the team ... again. Waste the prime years of Thomas, Lawrence, McKinney, Flotte, Robinson. Fans would be calling for your head in no time. You and Daboll would both be gone and the cycle continues

Meh, not exactly but if that’s how you’d like to classify it. The franchise’s passed errors shouldn’t be paid for by the current regime. Apparently, you guys like your GM and your coach. So, let them put their stamp on the team. That’ll take a couple years. They need a couple years to purge and then rebuild. Not everything will be a win so account for a couple bad moves of course. As long as you get the proper pieces, with how the league is set up now, you could be seriously competing in 2-3 years if all goes well. That’s not crazy considering the condition Gettleman left the team. 

Problem is they can’t seriously compete currently constructed. But letting Jones head the franchise and giving big money to Barkley would be big mistakes that ultimately set the team back anyway so might as well move on and get the new wave in here ASAP. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

No doubt he’s a great guy and strong leader and hard, determined worker. None of that was or is in question.  But hell, if that’s all it took, I could play in the NFL. What most people saw were his limited abilities throwing the ball and couldn’t see him just naturally progressing into an adequate NFL passer. A lot of guys are hard workers and don’t have the ability to match. For every Hurts there’s dozens of guys that cant cut it. Kudos to Hurts for sure, he deserves all the rose pedals. But people have to understand how rare that was. 

The reason we can't do the same is we're missing the talent he also has. I didn't think I needed to stat that since it's quite obvious he's an unique talent. 

I agree with the there's a dozen that don't make it. That's the group I was referring to with the just here to collect checks. Bit of a throwback name but Jamarcus Russell was a guy with all the talent but didn't live and breathe football like hurts. A more recent name is Zach Wilson. 

My one friend calls it the Hollywood players. They just want all the glory without the extra work outside of the normal work. They just wanna party & be in commericals/movies. Anything but putting in that extra work. 

Does hurt lack a few things that you just can't teach or add .. yes. Can't get a few extra inches on his height. Maybe an extra 5-10 yard deep pass? There's not much that we can really ask more of

9 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

The reason we can't do the same is we're missing the talent he also has. I didn't think I needed to stat that since it's quite obvious he's an unique talent. 

I agree with the there's a dozen that don't make it. That's the group I was referring to with the just here to collect checks. Bit of a throwback name but Jamarcus Russell was a guy with all the talent but didn't live and breathe football like hurts. A more recent name is Zach Wilson. 

My one friend calls it the Hollywood players. They just want all the glory without the extra work outside of the normal work. They just wanna party & be in commericals/movies. Anything but putting in that extra work. 

Does hurt lack a few things that you just can't teach or add .. yes. Can't get a few extra inches on his height. Maybe an extra 5-10 yard deep pass? There's not much that we can really ask more of

Not doubting any of that. 

But you can understand that predicting that size of a jump, after watching most everyone in his position fail, would be considered “wishful thinking” to put it lightly. That’s all I was really getting at. Possible, for sure. Likely, not at all. 

I was a doubter for sure. I couldn’t see him overcoming the sheer percentage of failure.  I didn’t think a guy limited in natural talent could make the turnaround. But yes, you’re right, if anyone could have done it, it’s him. I fully believing him now. I still think he’s slightly underpowered but a guy like this, you can live with it. I still don’t think he’s ever going to consistently carve up teams the way we’ve seen passed QBs do it but he plays the position very well at such a young age. I think he can easily have a Russel Wilson type career. But hopefully not fall off a cliff. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Not doubting any of that. 

But you can understand that predicting that size of a jump, after watching most everyone in his position fail, would be considered “wishful thinking” to put it lightly. That’s all I was really getting at. Possible, for sure. Likely, not at all. 

I was a doubter for sure. I couldn’t see him overcoming the sheer percentage of failure.  I didn’t think a guy limited in natural talent could make the turnaround. But yes, you’re right, if anyone could have done it, it’s him. I fully believing him now. I still think he’s slightly underpowered but a guy like this, you can live with it. I still don’t think he’s ever going to consistently carve up teams the way we’ve seen passed QBs do it but he plays the position very well at such a young age. I think he can easily have a Russel Wilson type career. But hopefully not fall off a cliff. 

I get your points for sure. I just expected it due to skill and the extreme work needed to be put in that he was willing to do. Plus he has that aura or vibes to him as having that IT factor/Winner 

There's not many of them out there but they all do and carry themselves in the same ways

I'd be happy with a Russell Wilson like career. I do think he could do better then that and expect him to do better. If it comes to an end and it's similar I'll consider that a Win regardless.

So far 2 playoff trips, 1 NFCG and possibly more. If this is what we're in store for it's gonna be a glorious run during his career. Cant wait to see what the future has for us

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I get your points for sure. I just expected it due to skill and the extreme work needed to be put in that he was willing to do. Plus he has that aura or vibes to him as having that IT factor/Winner 

There's not many of them out there but they all do and carry themselves in the same ways

I'd be happy with a Russell Wilson like career. I do think he could do better then that and expect him to do better. If it comes to an end and it's similar I'll consider that a Win regardless.

So far 2 playoff trips, 1 NFCG and possibly more. If this is what we're in store for it's gonna be a glorious run during his career. Cant wait to see what the future has for us

His intangibles are off the charts, totally agreed. 

It’s an exciting start to his career. And you can tell he’s one of those types that’s never happy to lose. If he can win the SB 10 times, it wouldn’t be enough. Hopefully he can keep good coaching and GMing around him. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

The naivety good lord. 

That loss was on Dak if you didn’t watch that game, btw. He played like garbage. 

We weren’t talking about one game. Obviously. This is why we have a history of discussing the ability to read around here. Obviously Dak had a poor performance in the last game — never said otherwise. Wasn’t the point. 

7 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

We weren’t talking about one game. Obviously. This is why we have a history of discussing the ability to read around here. Obviously Dak had a poor performance in the last game — never said otherwise. Wasn’t the point. 

Right. But one is apart of the collective. And the reason why Dak has a limited amount of  opportunities for playoff games, Nabbs point of his post, is because he constantly puts duds out and thus is getting passed by Brock Purdy. The post wasn’t about one game but how many are you going to excuse away before you start looking at the problem? I figured you’d be able to grasp that. 

9 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

That they had a great offense. No need to infer beyond that. 

So, we need context here. Right? 

Your only point posting about this #1 offense for weeks was to just remind us of the obvious that they’ve scored more points than everyone else? Nothing more? You’ve really become over simplified all of a sudden. 

4 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

His intangibles are off the charts, totally agreed. 

It’s an exciting start to his career. And you can tell he’s one of those types that’s never happy to lose. If he can win the SB 10 times, it wouldn’t be enough. Hopefully he can keep good coaching and GMing around him. 

Yeah definitely. Nick and Howie look like they'll definitely be around for awhile. Just gotta replace the other coaches we may lose this off season or maybe next year. 

Man I love our squad. 

44 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Cowboys 86'ing their running backs and linebackers coaches.

Definitely the two problem areas on that team. Tony Pollard wasn't their best offensive player at all. 

Zeke is gone next season. Pollard may also be unable to be retained for cap reasons, but I think Jerry will insist on keeping him no matter what it takes.

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

Cowboys 86'ing their running backs and linebackers coaches.

Heads had to roll. Who was going to be the scapegoat?

McCarthy?

Quinn?

Wonder Boy 2.0?

Exactly a Jerry type move. Here's hoping Quinn takes a HC job, really throws a monkey wrench!