πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

Oh please. It’s not like I was going around proclaiming the Cowboys to be the class of the NFC and the sure fire bet to be in the SB. Literally was in the Niners side of the forum saying the Cowboys had to slay a giant and I wasn’t sure they could do it. I’ve stated several times that I feel they’re the best in football. The Cowboys are up there as well… but I feel that they’re just a tad behind them along with Philly.Β 

I did the eye roll gif. Should I do it again?Β 

9 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Because the jump was unheard of. It’s not like Hurts was a top 3 pick we’re waiting to finally get it. He was a project kid with a suspect arm. Did anyone outside of Philly fans believe he could make that kind of massive jump? What you’re saying about him is true but who know for sure from watching him he was in for a meteoric year?Β 

Philly fans didn't even think he could do this.

Β 

We were all ready to cream our jorts over him just passing to out routes on time for once coming into this season.

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

I mean that’s about all you guys are good for. Pretty lame, but it’s whatever. Write your own narratives and stick to it regardless of anything that actually happens lol.

So when you were beating everyone over the head about Dak and his #1 offense, you were saying what exactly?Β 

4 hours ago, Daimonas said:

Β 

We were all ready to cream our jorts over him just passing to out routes on time for once coming into this season.

This is what I’m saying. Only a few homers were really expecting that kind of jump.Β 

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

The naivety good lord.Β 
Β 

That loss was on Dak if you didn’t watch that game, btw. He played like garbage.Β 

I am fairly sure that the Cowboys win that game if you give them Purdy, put Dak on the Niners, and the two play about as well as they did in the actual game

25 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

I am fairly sure that the Cowboys win that game if you give them Purdy, put Dak on the Niners, and the two play about as well as they did in the actual game

The Niners get their credit too but yea, Dak’s turnovers were unacceptable in a one score game.Β 

16 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Because the jump was unheard of. It’s not like Hurts was a top 3 pick we’re waiting to finally get it. He was a project kid with a suspect arm. Did anyone outside of Philly fans believe he could make that kind of massive jump? What you’re saying about him is true but who know for sure from watching him he was in for a meteoric year?Β 

I can't really say how many outside of Philly but seen tons of love for him throughout the off season. Possibly bama fans or OU. Not really sure but majority of the people pretty much said if there's anyone that can make that giant jump it's gonna be Hurts. This guy doesn't really do much outside of Football stuff. Study, prep, weight room , eat, sleep , repeat.Β 

He just gives off that IT type vibe. At least to me. Can't speak for everyone.Β 

Plus it's hard not to want to see it with a guy like him. Anyone that puts it that kinda work it's hard not to love n root for them

7 hours ago, Daimonas said:

Β 

Maybe not on these forums but I've seen tons outside of these forums. These forums can be rough sometimes with hope or even obvious things like his jump.Β 

Hard work pays off. It's rather simple

All the Greats put in that same kinda work. You can tell who loves the game and who's there to just collect their checks.Β 

If you just look at the QBs around the league it's quite obvious who wants it and who's gonna go get it. The best qbs in the league don't have much a life outside of Football. They live and breathe this stuff all day everyday. Hurts is coming in on days off. Meeting up with coaches after practice when he's suppose to be going home to chill just to watch more film or work on more stuff

He wants to be the guy, he wants to be a SB winning QB, he wants it all

Β 

9 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I can't really say how many outside of Philly but seen tons of love for him throughout the off season. Possibly bama fans or OU. Not really sure but majority of the people pretty much said if there's anyone that can make that giant jump it's gonna be Hurts. This guy doesn't really do much outside of Football stuff. Study, prep, weight room , eat, sleep , repeat.Β 

He just gives off that IT type vibe. At least to me. Can't speak for everyone.Β 

Plus it's hard not to want to see it with a guy like him. Anyone that puts it that kinda work it's hard not to love n root for them

No doubt he’s a great guy and strong leader and hard, determined worker. None of that was or is in question. Β But hell, if that’s all it took, I could play in the NFL. What most people saw were his limited abilities throwing the ball and couldn’t see him just naturally progressing into an adequate NFL passer. A lot of guys are hard workers and don’t have the ability to match. For every Hurts there’s dozens of guys that cant cut it. Kudos to Hurts for sure, he deserves all the rose pedals. But people have to understand how rare that was.Β 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Not put $50M into Jones and Barkley’s hands that’s for sure. Im getting with Daboll, because I think he’s a special coach, and laying groundwork to find a QB he can work with. A guy we can draft. But continuing to invest in the OL/DL. I’ll roll with the Β flavor of the off-season FA QB if he wants. But not committing more than a couple years to him. If it takes a couple years, then fine. But I’m not spinning my wheels with Jones and Barkley. I think that’s what’ll get him fired. I don’t have to spend all that money. I’d work the roster to get more old, expensive guys out and start getting young and cheap guys in. Daboll s a good coach, he can get a lot out of guys. Might take 2-3 years but I’m willing to give Daboll the time and strike for a QB when the time presents itself.Β 

Sounds to me like hitting the reset button? Problem is you have a fanbase that has suffered a decade of putrid football. You just had your 1st winning season since 2016 and won your first playoff game since 2011. Hopes are high for next year. Now you want to sell to the fans that getting rid of the two most important pieces of that winning season is the right move. Suffer another couple of 4-5 win seasons so you can rebuild the team ... again. Waste the prime years of Thomas, Lawrence, McKinney, Flotte, Robinson. Fans would be calling for your head in no time. You and Daboll would both be gone and the cycle continues

Edited by Shockwave

15 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Oh please. It’s not like I was going around proclaiming the Cowboys to be the class of the NFC and the sure fire bet to be in the SB. Literally was in the Niners side of the forum saying the Cowboys had to slay a giant and I wasn’t sure they could do it. I’ve stated several times that I feel they’re the best in football. The Cowboys are up there as well… but I feel that they’re just a tad behind them along with Philly.Β 

To be fair, yo did say all season how your team was better than the Eagles (the best in the NFC). So, you didn't say that phrase literally but you did say it.Β