πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

7 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Hurts was coming off his first year as a starter this was Jones 4th. So we are expecting that magical jump year 5?Β 

I am not a fan of Jones at all. Ask anyone. That post was about the jump Hurts made. I hope the Giants pay Jones a bajillion dollars.Β 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

You're problem and the Giants is there is no reason fir Jones to sign a contract of that nature.

The FTag is $32M. Why would or should he sign for less then $35? Unless the guaranteed money is ridiculous?Β 

Once again it's not about what 'he's worth'" but the next man/QB up fr a contract.Β 

If Jones decides to test the open market I don't see him getting offers above what the Giants are willing to pay him. Do you? They built the offense to take advantage of his strengths. Daboll loves him. I don't see a team like Carolina, TB, New Orleans etc dropping 35+M a year on him. He's worth more to NY, kind of like Lamar is to Balti. And honestly if Carolina wants to give him 40M a year then good for him. Take it. I've seen Tyrod run the offense at similar success.Β 

But you are correct good QB's typically set the market with their new contracts. This is kind of a special case though since Jones statistically isn't in those top tiers. I don't see there being a huge market for him. Giants seem to have the upper hand and his lackluster performance in the Divisional round hopefully knocked off some millions.Β 

Β 

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Exactly. Hurts was borderline a starting QB last year with obvious potential for upside. I personally had my doubts he could turn the corner. He made an extreme jump. More than most anyone outside a couple big homers could see. And I’ve made that a comparison; Jones is Hurts last year. Cool to be excited about but I’m not doling out $150M to him.Β 

You are now the Giants GM... what is your plan to get them back to the SB. You have the 25th pick in the draft and about 50M in capΒ space.Β 

1 hour ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Why does it make the hurts believers homers? Tbh it was quite obvious that he'd take a pretty damn good jump at minimum. There's not many people built and wired like him. Has nothing to do with loving him or being blinded. He had all the skills just needed to put in serious work which he did and willing to do 24/7

Because the jump was unheard of. It’s not like Hurts was a top 3 pick we’re waiting to finally get it. He was a project kid with a suspect arm. Did anyone outside of Philly fans believe he could make that kind of massive jump? What you’re saying about him is true but who know for sure from watching him he was in for a meteoric year?Β 

1 minute ago, Shockwave said:

You are now the Giants GM... what is your plan to get them back to the SB. You have the 25th pick in the draft and about 50M in capΒ space.Β 

Not put $50M into Jones and Barkley’s hands that’s for sure. Im getting with Daboll, because I think he’s a special coach, and laying groundwork to find a QB he can work with. A guy we can draft. But continuing to invest in the OL/DL. I’ll roll with the Β flavor of the off-season FA QB if he wants. But not committing more than a couple years to him. If it takes a couple years, then fine. But I’m not spinning my wheels with Jones and Barkley. I think that’s what’ll get him fired. I don’t have to spend all that money. I’d work the roster to get more old, expensive guys out and start getting young and cheap guys in. Daboll s a good coach, he can get a lot out of guys. Might take 2-3 years but I’m willing to give Daboll the time and strike for a QB when the time presents itself.Β 

19 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

I would let Saquon walk because as good as he is he’s infinitely replaceable (all RBs are in the current NFL). Β That is why drafting him so high in the first place was stupid. Β Then I would tender Daniel Jones with the non exclusive FT, and if some team is stupid enough to give me two firsts for him I take that and run. Β Otherwise I make him play out the season on the FT. I would then offer the Cardinals #25 for Deandre Hopkins, and spend some money on the secondary in FA. Β Use a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a new starting RB.

• Like 1

Yeah looking at the Giants on the OTC calc.

I'm Franchising Daniel Jones or letting him walk, there are options I think can be had for cheaper that are as good or better e.g. Derek Carr or Jimmy Garroppolo

Restructure Leonard Williams
June 1st Kenny Golladay
Sign a mid tier FA RB, draft one on Day 2.

You have 44 million to spend. I'm not sure what kind of deal Julian love would be looking at, perhaps resign him, sign another top tier free agent at a position of need. Jessie Bates looks like a good target for them. Could stand to upgrade the interior OL. Not any real notable FA WRs on the market this cycle. Probably would want to draft one. Shame for you guys you completely botched the pick and took Kadarius Toney. What a waste.

59 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Tag Jones, trade for Dhop and πŸ™ to MF God Bijan Robinson makes it to pick 26.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

giphy.gif

Oh please. It’s not like I was going around proclaiming the Cowboys to be the class of the NFC and the sure fire bet to be in the SB. Literally was in the Niners side of the forum saying the Cowboys had to slay a giant and I wasn’t sure they could do it. I’ve stated several times that I feel they’re the best in football. The Cowboys are up there as well… but I feel that they’re just a tad behind them along with Philly.Β