🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

17 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I mean, as long as we’re acquiring these people, what does it matter? A lot of teams find picks to be gold bouillon and never give them up. Howie will trade them away for that right price. Again, it’s this weird narrative about not being happy with the overall product because it’s not exactly the way that particular person thinks things should be constructed. I’m more of a how-does-it-come-out-in-the-wash type fella myself. I don’t really care how you get there, just show me the results. Isn’t that what the NFL is? Results driven? Does anyone really care unless you’re having post season success? I don’t think you can find more than a couple GMs more successful than Howie. 

You’re right that it doesn’t matter how you acquire talent, but I think having more ways to acquire talent gives you a better chance to succeed at acquiring talent. It’s kinda like the stock market, if you put 100% of your portfolio in one area then you will have a lot of extreme highs and extreme lows. If you diversify your portfolio then even if you are losing in some areas, you can make it up in other areas and still be profitable. It’s the same with acquiring talent for a football team, sometimes you will have down years in some areas but at least you can make it up in others.

I hate admitting it, but the Cowboys are gonna be tough this year. If there was ever a year they needed to overcome their demons and go to a NFC Championship / Super Bowl, then this would be it. Obviously not counting us out and the Niners have been their kryptonite in the past, but this is a really good Dallas team, especially with that defense.

17 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I hate admitting it, but the Cowboys are gonna be tough this year. If there was ever a year they needed to overcome their demons and go to a NFC Championship / Super Bowl, then this would be it. Obviously not counting us out and the Niners have been their kryptonite in the past, but this is a really good Dallas team, especially with that defense.

Let the hype train roll... right where we want em.

But ya, their defense is super talented this year. The secondary woes they had last year aren't going to be an issue this year.

Giants might be worst team in the league, wow. I expected regression like most but they look rough in all facets.

Yeah the Dallas D is trouble. Unless we sweep them, which I don’t expect, I think they’ll win the division unfortunately (was my prediction prior to the season for the record, not basing this off them ****ting down Danny Dimes and Zach Wilson).

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I agree they look good but let's not jump the gun. They generally look great in the regular season. Also, they've played arguably the worst team in the league, and the Jets without their QB, and the Cardinals next week so it will continue. Just need the Eagles to look like the Eagles and we'll be fine. 

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I agree they look good but let's not jump the gun. They generally look great in the regular season. Also, they've played arguably the worst team in the league, and the Jets without their QB, and the Cardinals next week so it will continue. Just need the Eagles to look like the Eagles and we'll be fine. 

Oh no doubt. I just liked the offseason moves they made to kinda patch up where they were weak last year. I just think they are a pretty complete team. I still think they are beatable though.