πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

Yeah we are pathetic. The league has figured out not to fall for the fake on the play action and the RPO's plus Danny refuse to throw the ball deep, so all the defense has to do is sit on the short stuff and at worst punish the wideout or the running back on the short pass and at best for them get a pick 6.

Coming off a winning season with a playoff berth I don't think anyone could have foreseen such a rapid regression back to total suck... (well I'm sure you guys did). But the whole team stinks. There isn't one single redeeming factor about any aspect of this team 4 games into the season. I could live with 1-3 if say Hyatt was out there balling or Banks was ballhawking etc. But there is nothing. Been watching the Giants since 1984 and I've suffered through some truly dreadful seasons but this... this has got to be the most disappointing one. I mean I wasn't expecting them to close the gap with Dallas and Philly but I thought we'd at least inch a little closer.Β 

As far as Jones he deserves his fair share of blame.. he's been dreadful. The oline once again just pathetic, defense can't get any pressure, even the special teams has had blunders. Doesn't help that we played 2 SB contenders early but getting your *** handed to you at home, against a team that traveled across the country, on 10 days rest, 10 days preparation, who had given up nearly 30 points in all their prior games... oof.

Luckily the Jones contract was all frontloaded. They can get out of it next year and eat 22M or 2025 at a 20M cap savings. I'm not throwing in the towel on him quite yet. Either last year was a total fluke or the league just figured him out. But there is talent there and I wouldn't be shocked if the Giants cut him and he went on to ball out somewhere else.

Here is my prediction though... they're going 1-5 the fanbase will go into total tank for Caleb mode. Then they'll win just enough games to finish something like 6-11 eliminating any chance at a franchise QB and buying the staff another year cause you know.. they finished strongΒ πŸ˜„

Edited by Shockwave

23 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Coming off a winning season with a playoff berth I don't think anyone could have foreseen such a rapid regression back to total suck... (well I'm sure you guys did). But the whole team stinks. There isn't one single redeeming factor about any aspect of this team 4 games into the season. I could live with 1-3 if say Hyatt was out there balling or Banks was ballhawking etc. But there is nothing. Been watching the Giants since 1984 and I've suffered through some truly dreadful seasons but this... this has got to be the most disappointing one. I mean I wasn't expecting them to close the gap with Dallas and Philly but I thought we'd at least inch a little closer.Β 

As far as Jones he deserves his fair share of blame.. he's been dreadful. The oline once again just pathetic, defense can't get any pressure, even the special teams has had blunders. Doesn't help that we played 2 SB contenders early but getting your *** handed to you at home, against a team that traveled across the country, on 10 days rest, 10 days preparation, who had given up nearly 30 points in all their prior games... oof.

Luckily the Jones contract was all frontloaded. They can get out of it next year and eat 22M or 2025 at a 20M cap savings. I'm not throwing in the towel on him quite yet. Either last year was a total fluke or the league just figured him out. But there is talent there and I wouldn't be shocked if the Giants cut him and he went on to ball out somewhere else.

Here is my prediction though... they're going 1-5 the fanbase will go into total tank for Caleb mode. Then they'll win just enough games to finish something like 6-11 eliminating any chance at a franchise QB and buying the staff another year cause you know.. they finished strongΒ πŸ˜„

I thought you guys would be middle of the pack, not .... this.

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Either last year was a total fluke or the league just figured him out. But there is talent there and I wouldn't be shocked if the Giants cut him and he went on to ball out somewhere else.

Nah, he's been in the league since 2019, all indications are that last year was a fluke as it wasn't that good of a year anyway. Only for his standards. There's always been talent there, as is the case with a ton of players, that not amount to much. As this being his fifth year, all indications are that he will not ball out and he's a combination of what we've seen from him until this point.Β 

And this is coming from someone who has stated numerous times in this thread that Jones wasn't as bad as everyone made him to be.Β