πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

28 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Evidently the only thing the Cowboys need to Win SB's is for them not to take Max contracts.

Β 

"As I told DeMarcus Lawrence, and I'll tell all three of these guys: I'd love for you to max out and give you exactly what you want, because y'all have worked hard and you deserve to have a big contract. But if we want to put together the type of team we want to have with the Cowboys ...," Jones said Wednesday at the team's annual sponsor's golf tournament at Cowboys Golf Club.

"That's not their job. It's not their job to manage the cap; I understand that. But it is my job and [owner Jerry Jones'] job, so they will understand why we're negotiating hard to make the very best deal we can. Because the money, if we can talk them into not maxing outΒ β€”Β doing well, but not maxedΒ β€”then that allows us to have other good football players around them."

You look at the TV booths, and you look at what these players do off the field," Jones said. "If we can put Super Bowl rings on these guys, then they'll be legends around this area for many, many, many years to come. What they give up a little bit in their contract, they should be able to invest in being a Cowboy and making our teams better.

Prudent leadership. This is awesome. Great job SJ.Β 

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

247 is good for College Recruiting, elsewise, they aren't worth paying much attention to.

They do a mean alternate logo/uniform breakdown where they just go steal concept work and post it too

What a crock. If you guys win you should be able to recoup some money we skimped on you after football. But you know, sign here and take less money and good luck after. How can you justify that to your players?Β 

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

What a crock. If you guys win you should be able to recoup some money we skimped on you after football. But you know, sign here and take less money and good luck after. How can you justify that to your players?Β 

It's one thing if it's a team that is consistently well under the cap and not spending money, but a team like the Eagles or Cowboys that are consistently looking squeeze every ounce of value they can out of the money they're allotted I have to disagree.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Prudent leadership. This is awesome. Great job SJ.Β 

giphy.gif

Name me the last team to Win the SB where multiple so called Super Stars took discounts in their upcoming contracts,Β  less moneyΒ to stay?

It'sΒ a joke and pipe dream on Stephen part "hoping" they'dΒ  do what's not in the best intrest of theirΒ  own families. It's the NFL,Β  where careers can end literally withinΒ a snap.

Not everyone has a Super Model Wife making more money then themselves.Β 

Β 

Edited by Nabbs4u

10 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Name me the last team to Win the SB where multiple so called Super Stars took discounts in their upcoming contracts,Β  less moneyΒ to stay?

It'sΒ a joke and pipe dream on Stephen part "hoping" they'dΒ  do what's not in the best intrest of theirΒ  own family. It's the NFL,Β  where careers end literally withinΒ a snap.

the model is have a stud team and a good rookie contract for your QB, that's the "discount" modelΒ 

That or pay them under the table like the Pats do

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

It'sΒ a joke and pipe dream on Stephen part "hoping" they'dΒ  do what's not in the best intrest of theirΒ  own families. It's the NFL,Β  where careers can end literally withinΒ a snap.

Β 

Patriots.Β 

Damn, that was effing easy.Β 

PS - DLaw already took a less than market value. So apparently the players dont agree with your sentiment.Β 

Β 

Edit - Also the Rams last year.Β 

Edited by Matts4313

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/defensive-end/Β 

Demarcus Lawrence is the highest paid DE in the NFL.Β Β 

Right, a number that will be broken next year and again the following year.Β 

All the reports were that he was going to equal or exceed Mack money. He, during the middle of a conference call with his agent and Stephen Jones, said he would take less because he wants to stay with the Cowboys. He then instructed them to get it done and hung up.Β 

Against his agents advice.Β 

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Right, a number that will be broken next year and again the following year.Β 

All the reports were that he was going to equal or exceed Mack money. He, during the middle of a conference call with his agent and Stephen Jones, said he would take less because he wants to stay with the Cowboys. He then instructed them to get it done and hung up.Β 

Against his agents advice.Β 

Again, he’s the highest paid player at his position in the nfl

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

No he wanted delusional money and got paid as the most expensive at his position in the nflΒ 

Disagree. On the open market he would have pushed $25m +. Hell, the Chiefs just gave up a #1 and big money for a lesser version of DLaw.Β 

54 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Patriots.Β 

Damn, that was effing easy.Β 

PS - DLaw already took a less than market value. So apparently the players dont agree with your sentiment.Β 

Β 

Edit - Also the Rams last year.Β 

If it was easy maybe you would of gotten the answer right. You not only answeredΒ  incorrectlyΒ  with the Patriots you had to stupidlyΒ  add the Rams who didn'tΒ  Win the SB!Β 

Who besides Brady (Super Model Wife again) took less money to stay with the Patriots during thier last contract negotiations.

News flash, The Cowboys,Β Β Dak Prescott, Zeke Elliott and Amari Cooper are not TomΒ Brady and the Patriots.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

If it was easy maybe you would of gotten the answer right. You not only answeredΒ  incorrectlyΒ  with the Patriots you had to stupidlyΒ  add the Rams who didn'tΒ  Win the SB!Β 

Who besides Brady (Super Model Wife again) took less money to stay with the Patriots during thier last contract negotiations.

News flash, The Cowboys,Β Β Dak Prescott, Zeke Elliott and Amari Cooper are not TomΒ Brady and the Patriots.

Β 

Β 

I read the question. I knew what you asked. The Rams didnt win it, duh, but they made it there with "superstars" taking discounts. So it was relevant information.Β 

I didnt think I would have to break that down for you. It was a pretty simple use of deductive reasoning.Β 

The Pats have had many players take discounts over the years to chase a ring. The point was that it happens, which contradicts your argument. Was it always successful? No, of course not. But players do it from time to time.Β 

Hell Romo said he would take a $5m paycut if Murray would stay. Just another example off the top of my head.Β