πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

If Frederick is truly back I have a hard time seeing their OL not end season as #1. I’m a bit concerned about Brooks and Peters (Brooks can crush those concerns early), but we certainly have a top tier OL.

Β 

Not looking forward to seeing Zeke 2x a year for rest of his prime, but at least he’s highest paid RB... only silver lining I can find.

Β 

benchmark for Dak now $110m guaranteed.

6 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

I made it 2 sentences into that article and started banging my head against the table.Β 

Keto has been the diet to treat Diabetes. For like 100 years.Β 

And my point was that carbs are overrated. The *vast* majority of carbs that people consume are sugar. Followed by grains/wheats. Neither of them are needed to be a key part of a healthy diet.Β 

6 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Jesus Christ, everything about that article is wrong.

Getting 80-90 percent of your calories from fatβ€”which is what’s generally required for ketoβ€”is actually difficult.

Wrong. You are supposed to eat less than 20 grams carb. Then eat anywhere from .6-1.2% of your lean body weight in protein based on fitness goals. You fulfill the rest of your diet with fat over carbs just to get full.Β 

Eating 90% of your calories in fat is ***** retarded and so is this article.Β 

though the fiber in an apple means that many dieters don’t count those carbs towards their daily limit

Not many. All of them dont count fiber. All.Β 

A therapeutic keto diet limits your protein intake.

I dont know the qualifier "therapeutic" means here, but that is not true. Many people will over eat protein if it fits their fitness goals.Β 

The high fat content in the diet, especially if you’re eating saturated fats, can raise your cholesterol levels and contribute to developing cardiovascular disease.Β 

Wrong. Keto is often attributed with lowering the HDL (bad cholesterol). Thus a lot of people do Keto to prevent or fix heart disease. People who do Keto often can lower or even stop taking all the various medications.

Without the fiber from whole grains and fruits, you’re also likely to get constipated and have other digestive issues. Plus you need fiber to maintain a health gut microbiome, which tends to come from the kind of whole grains that you can’t eat on the diet, and though it is possible to get enough fiber from vegetables on the keto diet you have to carefully monitor your eating to ensure that.

All horse poop. Virtually all Keto snacks (Nuts, Quest bars) are high fiber. Plus, alongside meat, you are supposed to eat a ton of leafy veggies. Those have fiber as well.Β 

Β 

For the record, Keto, Paleo and Atkins all are targeting the same idea. Less Carbs. But here are some counter arguments:

bottom line: Ketosis is not ketoacidosis and is generally safe for most healthy people

https://www.abbeyskitchen.com/the-keto-diet-ketogenic/

Low carbohydrate diets maintain significant scientific support. While almost any type of diet can be healthy and effective with the right micronutrients and calorie control, some studies do demonstrate a specific advantage of low carbohydrate intake for both weight loss and reducing cardiovascular disease (2).

-------------------------------------------------------

In particular, the keto diet seems to promote effective weight loss (7), improves glycemic control for diabetics (8), and can help lower cholesterol and improve high blood pressure (9).

------------------------------------------------------

Image%20from%20iOS%20(1)-1.jpg?width=180

------------------------------------------------------

While the keto diet actually may be very healthy for many people, it has seemed to accumulate a bad name in many social networks. This may be, at least in part, because of some confusion between the ketogenic diet with a very dangerous condition called ketoacidosis.

https://www.trifectanutrition.com/blog/the-keto-diet-explained-by-a-doctor-and-a-dietitian

β€œA ketogenic diet has been shown to improve blood sugar control for patients with type 2 diabetes, at least in the short-term,” saysΒ Saurabh Sethi, MD,Β a San Francisco-area doctor specializing in gastroenterology, hepatology, and advanced interventional endoscopy.Β 

----------------------------------------------------

β€œAlthough this diet is very safe for most people, I urge caution and recommend medical supervision in people taking medications for diabetes or high blood pressure,” Dr. Stanley says. β€œThere are generally rapid improvements in patients following a ketogenic diet, and without medically-supervised reductions in medications, there is a risk of low blood sugar or dizziness.” Plus, a doctor can help you track the improvements the diet is causing through blood tests and other monitoring techniques. That way, you can get hard facts about whether or not the diet is working for you.

https://www.thehealthy.com/weight-loss/keto-diet-doctor-warnings/

HeΒ alsoΒ suspectsΒ there areΒ someΒ benefits for the heartΒ andΒ reversingΒ diabetes since it has been shown toΒ improveΒ insulinΒ sensitivity.Β That’s supported byΒ several studies, like aΒ 2017 review in the journalΒ NutrientsΒ that found that the keto diet improvedΒ HDLΒ β€œgood” cholesterol levelsΒ and helped reverse the course of type 2 diabetes in patients by controlling blood sugar levels, though β€œusually in limited time,” the researcher wrote.In 2018, anotherΒ studyΒ in theΒ Β journalΒ DiabeticΒ MedicineΒ foundΒ the keto diet in patients with type 1 diabetes was associated with β€œexcellent levels” of blood sugar.Β 

β€œI can see a potential benefit because diabetes is exacerbated by excessive carbohydrate intake,” he says. β€œShort periods of ketogenic diet coupled with long-term lifestyle changes could potentially reverse that by increasing insulin sensitivity.”

Higher HDL cholesterol levels and lowering blood sugar are also associated with lower risk of heart disease.

https://www.pennmedicine.org/news/news-blog/2019/april/a-cardiologists-take-on-the-keto-diet

^^^^^ Thats from Penn Medicine, so you all have to take it as gospel.Β 

Edited by Matts4313

to be honest, I'm not on keto at all, but I literally eat a quest bar every day because of it's high fiber and low sugar. The only sugar I really have is natural sugar from fruit and wherever the 6 grams comes from in Oikos triple zero.

Keto people are just annoying. I'm surprised they don't go door to door trying to get people to join them. Is it impossible to gain weight on Keto? No, but you're making it faaaaar harder on yourself. Carbs aren't bad, if you actually do something with them. Sugar on the other hand is bad, it has benefits in moderation, but generally speaking people misuse it, and I don't feel the benefits are worth all the negative drawbacks it had on your body.

Edited by Danger

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

Is it impossible to gain weight on Keto? No, but you're making it faaaaar harder on yourself. Carbs aren't bad, if you actually do something with them.

I think the natural progression is to use Keto to get your blood sugar, weight and cholesterol where you want them. And then transition to Paleo, which bumps the carb intake from 20 grams to 70 grams.Β 

For me personally, I use it because my family has an extensive history of heart disease. Plus when I am not adhering to it, I drink too much beer which makes me swell up, feel like crap and gain weight.

14 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Looks official boys. Zeke until 2026.Β 

Not real happy about dealing with him for 8 more year potentially. But that money is also potentially crippling.Β 

His holdout was a win win

They rely on him so much, that they needed him.

but then it’s also dumb to overpay a RB

Have to think they front loaded it. Because he already looked a little fatter/slower last year. And the shear amount of carries he gets, have to wonder whereΒ he’ll be at in 3/4 years. Especially with how physically he runs.

Would have been nice to have it cost them games but oh well

Anyone else Amused about the amount of crapΒ Jerry spewed out to the media about Zeke only to watch him Fold like a Lawn chair and Pay him Top dollar anyways?

Zeke played Them (Jones's)Β like a Fiddle while Dak who has been the Good Little Soldier has been played like a Violin. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΏπŸΏπŸΏ

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Anyone else Amused about the amount of crap Jerry spewed out to the media about Zeke only to watch him Fold like a Lawn chair and Pay him Top dollar anyways?

Zeke played Them (Jones's)Β like a Fiddle while Dak who has been the Good Little Soldier has been played like a Violin. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΏπŸΏπŸΏ

The Jones' are smart enough to not fool themselves intoΒ thinking Dak is a good enoughΒ QB to mask flaws elsewhere.Β Zeke's camp knew it too. Zeke is the most important guy on that offense and everyone there knows it.