πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

Giants fans seem to be delusional.Β  I had a conversation in the Giants forum last week and some poster was talking about how in 1 offseason they can turn it around and be a contender.Β  Somehow they have absolutely no cap space with a QB still on a rookie contract and they are terrible.Β  They need to burn it to the ground.Β  Fire everyone. Trade/cut everyone they can.Β  They don't have a GM, they don't have a HC and they don't have a starting QB.Β  They are a dumpster fire right now.

10 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Giants fans seem to be delusional.Β  I had a conversation in the Giants forum last week and some poster was talking about how in 1 offseason they can turn it around and be a contender.Β  Somehow they have absolutely no cap space with a QB still on a rookie contract and they are terrible.Β  They need to burn it to the ground.Β  Fire everyone. Trade/cut everyone they can.Β  They don't have a GM, they don't have a HC and they don't have a starting QB.Β  They are a dumpster fire right now.

I will say this. At least Andrew Thomas seems to be working out well for them. As well as Azeez Ojulari

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

I will say this. At least Andrew Thomas seems to be working out well for them. As well as Azeez Ojulari

But the pillars of the franchise are rotten.Β  They have no GM, no HC and no QB.Β  That's tear it down and start over time.Β Β 

Sigh, every time I try to leave this board they pull me back in.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Joe Judge was 100% unqualified to be a head coach to begin with, despite getting more talented from year 1 to year 2, the team regressed.

No the team regressed greatly in the trenches. The Giants let go of their Captain and 2nd best defensive linemen in Dalvin Tomlinson. They also let go of their most consistent offensive linemen in Kevin Zeitler and replaced him with garbage.Β 

So the Giants this season was left with an offense can't run block or pass block and a defense was not as effective against the run.

Β 

This draft could make a huge difference. If the new GM nails the picks and we get a combo like Neal/Linderbaum or Neal/Karlaftis or even Ekwonu. Jones and Barkley playing behind an improved line in a contract year.

The FA losses in some regards will be addition by subtraction: Giants had the second most offensive snaps from pending free agents, but had the absolute worst wins above replacement by pending free agents
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-teams-lose-most-least-value-2022-nfl-free-agency

Won't hold my breath but the opportunity to establish the pillars to turn the team around is there...

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Saying like if he went to another team. No clue how the Giants get better quickly. They are making it harder on themselves too

With draft picks, the Giants have 5 draft picks in the first 3 round, 8 draft picks in the first five rounds.

42 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

With draft picks, the Giants have 5 draft picks in the first 3 round, 8 draft picks in the first five rounds.

Draft picks generally take several years to make an impact. Β Judge will be fired by then. Β Daniel Jones will be gone by then. Β 

The biggest barrier to the Giants improving is their HC. He has proven to be inept and unable to manage their team at a high level. Yes, the Giants talent level is bad, but they underperformed compared to what talent they have available. I mean they drafted a WR in the first round and signed one to a massive contract and they had 0 TD's combined..... Yes the OL is terrible, but their defense is also more talented than it played.

The Giants could become a competitive team like the Eagles in a season, but their coaching staff will make sure that absolutely does not happen. I personally would rate Judge as a bottom 5 at best coach in the NFL in terms of turning talent into production. He might be the worst. The fact that he is coming back next season is just a massive W for the rest of the NFC East.

24 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The biggest barrier to the Giants improving is their HC. He has proven to be inept and unable to manage their team at a high level. Yes, the Giants talent level is bad, but they underperformed compared to what talent they have available. I mean they drafted a WR in the first round and signed one to a massive contract and they had 0 TD's combined..... Yes the OL is terrible, but their defense is also more talented than it played.

The Giants could become a competitive team like the Eagles in a season, but their coaching staff will make sure that absolutely does not happen. I personally would rate Judge as a bottom 5 at best coach in the NFL in terms of turning talent into production. He might be the worst. The fact that he is coming back next season is just a massive W for the rest of the NFC East.

The biggest barrier to the Giants improving was Dave Gettleman he is gone now. What talent on offense did Judge have that was not injured or couldn't perform properly due to the offensive line.

37 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Draft picks generally take several years to make an impact.

I am not asking them all of them to be All-Pro players as rookies. All I am wanting for them to be is better than what we currently have, which should not be hard to do for the offensive line. I have seen Daniel Jones on the road named offensive player of the week behind the worst offensive line in the NFL. I would very much like to see what he can do behind just a slightly below average offensive line.Β 

1 minute ago, Go_Giants said:

The biggest barrier to the Giants improving was Dave Gettleman he is gone now. What talent on offense did Judge have that was not injured or couldn't perform properly due to the offensive line.

I am not asking them all of them to be All-Pro players as rookies. All I am wanting for them to be is better than what we currently have, which should not be hard to do for the offensive line. I have seen Daniel Jones on the road named offensive player of the week behind the worst offensive line in the NFL. I would very much like to see what he can do behind just a slightly below average offensive line.Β 

Then you’re going to waste another season finding out what the majority of people already know. Β Daniel Jones is not an NFL starting QB.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Then you’re going to waste another season finding out what the majority of people already know. Β Daniel Jones is not an NFL starting QB.

And if I am wrong, 2023 is the year to blow everything up, the contracts we have now will be easier to get out of, and the QB class is supposed to be better than this current one.