πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

43 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

And if I am wrong, 2023 is the year to blow everything up, the contracts we have now will be easier to get out of, and the QB class is supposed to be better than this current one.

^ This I actually agree with. You're better off utilizing the last year of Jones rookie contract and seeing if he can return to 2019 type form (minus the turnovers). If he does then you consider giving him a contract. If he doesn't then we're bound to be back in the top 10 drafting again and take your next QB there. Corral and Pickett don't stand out to me as high level franchise QB's worthy of the 5 or 7 pick. I'm hoping Houston and Detroit scoop them up so the Giants won't even be tempted...and then Neal falls to us. Throwing another rookie QB behind this Oline without addressing it will end up the same result. Use this year to finally solidify the oline and edge.

Edited by Shockwave

17 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

^ This I actually agree with. You're better off utilizing the last year of Jones rookie contract and seeing if he can return to 2019 type form (minus the turnovers). If he does then you consider giving him a contract. If he doesn't then we're bound to be back in the top 10 drafting again and take your next QB there. Corral and Pickett don't stand out to me as high level franchise QB's worthy of the 5 or 7 pick. I'm hoping Houston and Detroit scoop them up so the Giants won't even be tempted...and then Neal falls to us. Throwing another rookie QB behind this Oline without addressing it will end up the same result. Use this year to finally solidify the oline and edge.

in which case you guys would be better off trading down with one of your picks and getting a first next year.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

in which case you guys would be better off trading down with one of your picks and getting a first next year.

That is something I have mentioned on the Giants board and would have no problems if the Giants went OL with the first pick and traded the second first round pick for a first next year.Β 

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Damn.... that really, really sucks.

We’ll see. Last coupleΒ hires have been awful. Even worse talent evaluation by the Maras factoring in Gettleman.

Ton of openings, the two top ten picks will help. But cap space and lack of talent on the roster on top of the extra scrutiny shouldΒ hurt them a bit in the search.

Curious what they try to go with. My guess would be young offensive minded guy from the Shanahan/McVayΒ tree likeΒ Kevin O'Connell. If they don’t fix that offense it’ll be just another wasted couple years.

• Like 1

They wanted to keep him but I get no GM and OC Candidates wanted any part of him.... and the players clearly hate him. If they land someone like Flores it would be great for them. They hate a lot of talent and could turn it around.Β 

Β