Michael Thomas vs Tyreek Hill

Chiefer

Which is better?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Tyreek Hill
    • Michael Thomas

I've voted for Hill.

Both are great WR. Thomas probably has a small advantage if we're just looking at the WR position, although nobody should underestimate the progresses Hill made over the years. But adding to that, Hill can do so much more that he has the edge for me. You can use him anywhere on the field. I think he's the most dangerous player of the NFL right now. No matter where he is lining up, every defense needs to respect his speed and needs to make adjustements to stop him. Add the fact that Hill can be used in the special teams and that he can always return one to the endzone and you clearly have a guy on your team that nobody else has in the NFL. Hill really is a unique player and that's why i take him over Thomas.

2 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Not going to lie. When it seemed like most people were already anointing him as one of the next best things at WR, I was looking at them like they crazy because all I saw was a glorified version of Desean Jackson. Needless to say, I was wrong in my assessment so far and the progression that you talked about has alot to do with it.  You can tell that he has worked his butt off to become a complete player and is still growing. He can just do so much more now that it's crazy to see how far he has come in such a short amount of time.

He went from only being a one trick pony with a quick step (from my POV at the time) to a player who can do it all at every level on the field, and do it against some of the best corners in the league regardless who was throwing to him. And most importantly, he can do it consistently.

He can play as a "diversion", be used in the backfield (critical in a heavy RPO system), make plays in the slot, can make plays in traffic, can play the short routes (especially since he gets so cushion from most corners because of his speed) and ofcourse is always a threat to go deep. 

What's even more impressive about Hill's progression is that he has done it while playing in a division where he has to play against the likes of both Casey Hayward AND Chris Harris twice a year. That's a tough task.

Yep, Hill has really developed a strong all around game. He's more than just an extremely fast guy now. He's playing like Steve Smith, except he has prime Ted Ginn's speed.

7 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

To answer the OP, Hill.

Thomas benefits alot from his QB and the Payton system he plays in. At this point, I'm convinced that even myself at my age could rack up 500 yards. It just seems odd that over the years we have seen players such as Cooks and Colston have the same amount of success as Thomas has. And also lets face it the NFC South is not exactly filled with great defenses.

Yeah, Mahomes and Reid really hold Tyreek back. 

Colston and Cooks are good players so I don’t get that point either. Neither had close to this type of production, either.

4 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yeah, Mahomes and Reid really hold Tyreek back. 

Colston and Cooks are good players so I don’t get that point either. Neither had close to this type of production, either.

Well he’s definitely better and more well rounded than Colston or Cooks. They were prob never top ten receivers. Thomas is arguably top five right now. 

Tyreek is probably  in the best possible system for his skills as well right now, but I  think he would have a bigger impact on most offenses.

Thomas had 38 more catches on just 10 more targets. 125 catches on 147 targets, that is unreal and one of the craziest stats for a WR ever. Also, I'm a Buckeye fan so that helps Thomas' case.

It's Hill though. He outproduced Thomas even having 38 less catches. More yards, more TD. He is also a threat running and returning. Hill is already elite imo. He requires a QB with a strong arm to get that elite production but he has one so he is one. If there was no off of the field history and every WR in the league now was 24 I'd probably take Hill ahead of his peers. Down 6 at your own 10 yard line he is the only one I really would be concerned about scoring, even if you threw a backwards pass that took him into the end zone the defense is holding their breath until they know he has been tackled. Very few players have ever made NFL corners look like they were high school speed but he does.

Hill. Michael Thomas is getting a lot of votes in part because he looks more like a prototypical WR than Hill. It might be another Antonio Brown vs Julio Jones situation where Hill has to outperform Thomas for like 4 more seasons before the argument is put to bed. That's not to say Michael Thomas isn't an incredible WR (just like Julio obviously is).

9 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Who is the better overall Weapon, Hill without question. Who is the better WR, give me Thomas.

Pretty much this hits the nail on the head. Hill does things that terrify CBs and make DCs lose sleep. When he has the ball in his hands, fans of the defense panic. With that said though, Thomas is more consistent and with that is more reliable

Archived