Was this the worst call in NFL history?

evilpimp972

Its funny that when the Saints played the Vikings in the NFCCG in 2009 and had calls go their way its all about having some luck to win the Superbowl but now the calls didnt go their way its not the same talk?

I said back then the Vikings got screwed but at the same time they did fumble the ball alot and Favre threw interceptions that hurt them. The Saints had 2 redzone opportunities that couldve help them jump out to a 21-0 lead and blow the game open but they let the Rams hang around. Yes the refs played a big part in the game but the Saints in the 1st quarter had the Rams on the ropes where they shouldve blown the Rams out just like they did so many teams in the Superdome. They didnt and it came back to bite the Saints. 

1 minute ago, Shady Slim said:

i don’t get your point tho... saints won the right to have the game in new orleans based on this thing called the quote unquote “regular season”

They would still get the divisional home game.

I’d be ok with a neutral site for a Conf Championship. Too much at stake for the two best teams of a conference playing one game on someones turf. Most final fours that are one game sudden death are always neutral field. Only NFL does otherwise. 

Maybe we did get hosed. Sure. But we had other chances. Drew threw that pick. We decided to stop playing defense. This is on us. What's sad is that call will overshadow an amazing game by Goff and everything else the Rams did right. Make no mistake. We could and maybe should have been up 21-0 but instead it was 13. So everything else aside, the Saints lost that game. The refs didn't steal it. It is what it is. I hate it, it sucks, I want to do it again, but LAR were the better team tonight. Kudos to them. Through their own adversity, they stepped up and won it. Best of luck from here on.

And no, not the worst call. But it's the worst we're likely to see today. Losing sucks. 

2 minutes ago, nolaexpat said:

Maybe we did get hosed. Sure. But we had other chances. Drew threw that pick. We decided to stop playing defense. This is on us. What's sad is that call will overshadow an amazing game by Goff and everything else the Rams did right. Make no mistake. We could and maybe should have been up 21-0 but instead it was 13. So everything else aside, the Saints lost that game. The refs didn't steal it. It is what it is. I hate it, it sucks, I want to do it again, but LAR were the better team tonight. Kudos to them. Through their own adversity, they stepped up and won it. Best of luck from here on.

And no, not the worst call. But it's the worst we're likely to see today. Losing sucks. 

Best post from a Saints fan so far. 

6 minutes ago, nolaexpat said:

Dude this is one of the best comments I’ve seen on this forum

Thank you for being an honorable fan. I know the loss sucks but you guys have a great young core and solid defense so you’ll be back. 

Wish you the best of luck moving forward. You’ve earned my respect 

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

I think the refs may have been self-aware of the Rams stigma and didn't make the call so that they wouldn't be perceived as ending the game

That's what some of us are thinking. The petition got media run. That was the plan.

I could probably think of 10 in the last three years that were as bad or worse just for the Browns but adding in what was at stake it was a lot more meaningful. The issue I have is how could no other ref step in and say I know it isn't my call but he tackled the receiver well before the ball got there and you should drop your flag because otherwise you are going to catch a lot of heat for a missed call.

8 minutes ago, nolaexpat said:

I removed a like from another post to give me a like for this one. Tip of the hat to you, sir. Very classy.

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

And that's fair.  Playing to the emotions of human beings is the key to success in life.

I know it's terrible to say, but that was the plan. We knew the NFL wouldn't do a thing, but we figured if the media picked it up, it would make that crew hesitate to make a controversial call against the Rams.

Archived