Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs. Patriots - Poll Added!

DigInBoys

Super Bowl LIII  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Rams
    • Patriots

11 minutes ago, showtime said:

I just think that Aaron Donald and Suh won't really do much this game (stat wise).  Brady gets the ball out in 2 seconds and the offensive line has been Godly.  Like, as a defender, you can't even get to Brady in 2 seconds unless you're just running in free.  The biggest thing Donald will probably do is collapse the pocket so Brady won't be able to step up as cleanly as possible.

I think they'll get their pressures and effect Brady but I could easily see neither one of them getting a sack. I think their biggest contribution will probably be shutting down the run game again like they did against the Cowboys and Saints, which will be huge seeing as the run game is the Pats' bread and butter right now. I don't think they'll want to go one dimensional with the playmakers we have at DB right now.

10 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Rams like to stay in their base defense and assuming the Patriots want to keep running with Develin, the only time Talib would be lined up on Gronk is on an obvious passing down.

That’s what I mean, pretty sure Wade put Talib on Gronk on some passing downs when he was in Denver.  Then again, those Broncos teams lacked safeties with coverage skills.

Brady is gonna get rid of the ball in ~3 seconds so I would play in front of Gronk and force him to go deep.

12 minutes ago, KellChippy said:

That’s what I mean, pretty sure Wade put Talib on Gronk on some passing downs when he was in Denver.  Then again, those Broncos teams lacked safeties with coverage skills.

Brady is gonna get rid of the ball in ~3 seconds so I would play in front of Gronk and force him to go deep.

I think that would be my gameplan going into the game. Saturate the short and intermediate ranges with bodies to pressure Brady to attack deep.

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

I had such a good feeling last week. But this week I feel horrible from all the nasty random gibberish our players have been talking. 

They sound like fighter trying to sell a fight. 

Im

getting a knot in my system. 

I'm feeling relaxed this week. Our guys are showing no fear.

43 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I think that would be my gameplan going into the game. Saturate the short and intermediate ranges with bodies to pressure Brady to attack deep.

Exactly mine as well. Nullify the run  the best you can and force precision throws. Brady of course can make those but you want to limit their TOP and keep their defense on their field. The Pats defense will play a lot of press-man but that is hard to maintain over the course of a game (the Pats got tired against and they dominated TOP ). If I give up a handful of big plays so be it but I think that teams have been too scared of Brady and not scared enough of their running game, which just gives them a ton of easy and free yardage. If I were to "Belicheck" this game, I'd sell out to stop the RBs, James in White in particular. This also gives more time for your interior rush to get home rather than being so scared of YAC that they just get 8 yard completions with impunity anyways.

8 minutes ago, N4L said:

the more I hear people gushing over the patriots the more fearful I get that my worst nightmare will be realized

To be fair, I've never heard the Pats mouth off half as much as they have this week, which means that they are either super confident that this is an easy win or overconfident in their schematic superiority. Trying to gauge/evaluate teams mentalities prior to the superbowl is a bit of a fool's errand because you can spin in anyway you want to.

15 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

To be fair, I've never heard the Pats mouth off half as much as they have this week, which means that they are either super confident that this is an easy win or overconfident in their schematic superiority. Trying to gauge/evaluate teams mentalities prior to the superbowl is a bit of a fool's errand because you can spin in anyway you want to.

I feels like the rams are so hungry and it’s destiny baby! See that call! 

The pats are the Conor Mcgregors! They got their money and fame! While the new hungry who sleeps in the floor(Khabib)! Is coming for that booty. 

The Rams are confident because they believe they are the better team. I find it interesting too that the initial line was Rams -1.5 but that quickly changed when the public was betting heavily on the Patriots because "You cant bet against Brady and Belichick". In turn that line went to the Pats being favored by -2.5. Vegas knows what they are doing and I have a feeling they are going to be very rich by the end of Sunday when everyone who bet the Patriots to win and even cover -2.5 will lose. Now this is not saying the Patriots cant win because obviously they made it this far so they must be doing something right but   again there is a reason the line opened right away Rams -1.5. Vegas knows the Rams are the better team too thats why before the playoffs started the Saints, Chiefs, and Rams had the best odds of winning the Superbowl. The Pats were 4th. 

8 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Vegas knows the Rams are the better team too thats why before the playoffs started the Saints, Chiefs, and Rams had the best odds of winning the Superbowl. The Pats were 4th. 

So Vegas is to be trusted cuz they had the Saints and Chiefs as better odds than the Pats?

Sony Michel ran it on about two-thirds of his snaps this season. I feel like the Patriots offense could be most effective early on by running early-down play action with him. It would open up the middle of the field to get some good early-down gains, and then that could help the running game. Otherwise they'd be best just running 21 personnel with White and Burkhead instead, as both are capable of running and receiving. The LAR rush D has been stout this postseason with Donald and Suh both able to get into the backfield. Taking losses or getting very short gains on first downs with obvious running plays (ie. Michel+Develin) could be a mistake.

38 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Yeah, I think both teams are confident. It doesn't bother me that they're talking trash. It'll get sorted out on the field. I don't doubt our (the Rams) talent and coaching. I'm sure the Pats and their fans feel the same way. We both deserve to be here.

17 hours ago, El ramster said:

Better run game. 

Cowbowys.

saints 

or pats? 

To me, of the three, Cowboys have the best overall RB.

Saints have the most athletic and pass catching combo back in Kamara. And a good enough tough back with Ingram.

Pats have the most balanced attack. Hard runner in Michel, incredible pass catcher in White, Burkhead to pick up the leftovers and Develin to pound it in.

Archived