Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs. Patriots - Poll Added!

DigInBoys

Super Bowl LIII  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Rams
    • Patriots

9 hours ago, childofpudding said:

Sony Michel ran it on about two-thirds of his snaps this season. I feel like the Patriots offense could be most effective early on by running early-down play action with him. It would open up the middle of the field to get some good early-down gains, and then that could help the running game. Otherwise they'd be best just running 21 personnel with White and Burkhead instead, as both are capable of running and receiving. The LAR rush D has been stout this postseason with Donald and Suh both able to get into the backfield. Taking losses or getting very short gains on first downs with obvious running plays (ie. Michel+Develin) could be a mistake.

lol bro you been a patriots fan long enough to know michel is getting the maroney treatment. how teams have not picked up on this more or can't stop it, i will never know 

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

well unfortunately we can't spin this anymore. Hopefully at least some popular pundits take the Rams.

The team as a whole might not be dogs, but a lot of what makes up that roster are players that most people would say are overachievers. That's probably enough to keep the chip on their shoulders. Especially when you have an offensive line with nobody drafted before the 3rd(? i think) round going against a pass rush that has 4 top 15 draft picks. 

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

So why are so many times people picking the Pats? Rams are clearly the better team IMO. Of course, any team can win easily, but the poll is at 100-51 Patriots? Are people just mad at how the Rams got there?

Patriots are clicking and got hot at the right time. Patriots just showed they can go toe to toe with the best offense in the NFL in a far more dangerous environment than a Super Bowl. Rams have some gaps on defense at the 2nd level that the Pats like to exploit. Pats have a great run game and a dominant run blocking line and the Rams don’t have a great run defense. 

Also there is an experience factor. The stage of the Super Bowl is a real factor and Goff is a young QB and Belichick generally has success in those situations in stages this big. 

Theres lots of reasons to like the Pats. The Rams are a very talented team. Probably have the most dynamic impact players in the league. It will be a tough game for both teams imo. But it’s not crazy for people to like the Pats.

21 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

So why are so many times people picking the Pats? Rams are clearly the better team IMO. Of course, any team can win easily, but the poll is at 100-51 Patriots? Are people just mad at how the Rams got there?

Maybe because the Pats have gone to their 3rd SB in a row and have been in 4 of the past 5 or something like that. This is just another day at the office for them.

7 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Patriots are clicking and got hot at the right time. Patriots just showed they can go toe to toe with the best offense in the NFL in a far more dangerous environment than a Super Bowl. Rams have some gaps on defense at the 2nd level that the Pats like to exploit. Pats have a great run game and a dominant run blocking line and the Rams don’t have a great run defense. 

Also there is an experience factor. The stage of the Super Bowl is a real factor and Goff is a young QB and Belichick generally has success in those situations in stages this big. 

Theres lots of reasons to like the Pats. The Rams are a very talented team. Probably have the most dynamic impact players in the league. It will be a tough game for both teams imo. But it’s not crazy for people to like the Pats.

Last two games we shut down Kamara/Ingram and Zeke. So if we're going to mention the Pats clicking at the right time, we have to mention the Rams run defense clicking as well.

And they did go face arguably the best offense in the NFL in a more hostile environment than the Super Bowl, but they will not be facing the same defense as the Chiefs or the same running game as the Chiefs.

I truly believe the Pats are only favored this much by Vegas and fans because of their experience. And they should be. Rams could shrink under the lights like they did against Atlanta last year. But on paper, Rams are the better team.

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Some of that is true, people are just mad how the Rams got there. The other reason is nobody is betting against Brady and Belichick. Just like every year nobody is betting against Bama and Saban in NCAAF. 

10 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Last two games we shut down Kamara/Ingram and Zeke. So if we're going to mention the Pats clicking at the right time, we have to mention the Rams run defense clicking as well.

And they did go face arguably the best offense in the NFL in a more hostile environment than the Super Bowl, but they will not be facing the same defense as the Chiefs or the same running game as the Chiefs.

I truly believe the Pats are only favored this much by Vegas and fans because of their experience. And they should be. Rams could shrink under the lights like they did against Atlanta last year. But on paper, Rams are the better team.

This is a different Rams team. I strongly believe they wont shrink. Those who are picking the Patriots think the stage will be too big for the Rams. In actuality the toughest task for the Rams was the NFCCG at New Orleans. The Superbowl wont be as tough because when you can go in that hostile environment in New Orleans against the best team in football at that point and win, nothing compares to that. I wouldve felt different had the Rams beat New Orleans in LA. 

I always say the same thing about college football. If a team can go through the gauntlet of the SEC and survive then nothing else is hard. Thats why we see Bama win national championships, Florida has won national championships, even LSU and Auburn. When those teams make it out of the SEC and find themselves in the National Championship, its not hard because they survived the hardest task and thats the SEC.

9 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

You know how it works. They brag about how hot they are and don’t mention anything positive about us. The fact that our rush defense was great the last two weeks doesn’t fit the narative so they ignore it and mention the regular season.

7 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

You know how it works. They brag about how hot they are and don’t mention anything positive about us. The fact that our rush defense was great the last two weeks doesn’t fit the narative so they ignore it and mention the regular season.

Because it doesnt go both ways right? Jeez people get so butthurt when someone doesnt pick their team to win. They're given examples as to why they're picking which team wins.

Pat's run game has been clicking, rams run defense has been clicking. One of them has to prevail dont they? 

They're only predictions. No need to get upset, and defend every little thing.

21 minutes ago, lancerman said:

The Rams have a better running game and a more dominant run-blocking line, and the Patriots also don't have a great run defense. The Rams also had the better passing attack this year.

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don't think people are mad. In fact most people want still the LA Rams to win this game.

Overall LA has the talent advantage but the 3 key units favor the Patriots.

1) QB

2) Coaching

3) pass defense

In fact if LA were to win the Super Bowl, they would win it despite the worst passing defense a SB champion has ever had (completion %). Most times the team with the better pass defense wins the SB but no SB champion has ever given up a completion % like the 2018 Rams. 

I'm sure that's not everyone's reasoning for voting NE but it's why I voted NE.

9 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I don't think people are mad. In fact most people want still the LA Rams to win this game.

Overall LA has the talent advantage but the 3 key units favor the Patriots.

1) QB

2) Coaching

3) pass defense

In fact if LA were to win the Super Bowl, they would win it despite the worst passing defense a SB champion has ever had (completion %). Most times the team with the better pass defense wins the SB but no SB champion has ever given up a completion % like the 2018 Rams. 

I'm sure that's not everyone's reasoning for voting NE but it's why I voted NE.

Completion percentage? You're kidding, right? I can't think of many less important stats. Our pass defense finished middle of the pack this year, despite Talib missing half of the season. When we had Talib, our pass defense was a strong unit. We have Talib for this game.

Also, coaching isn't an advantage for the Patriots. Give me Sean McVay, Wade Phillips, and John Fassel over any trio of play-callers in the NFL. If you had said experience, I could agree.

Archived