Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs. Patriots - Poll Added!

DigInBoys

Super Bowl LIII  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Rams
    • Patriots

44 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Patriots are clicking and got hot at the right time. Patriots just showed they can go toe to toe with the best offense in the NFL in a far more dangerous environment than a Super Bowl. Rams have some gaps on defense at the 2nd level that the Pats like to exploit. Pats have a great run game and a dominant run blocking line and the Rams don’t have a great run defense. 

Also there is an experience factor. The stage of the Super Bowl is a real factor and Goff is a young QB and Belichick generally has success in those situations in stages this big. 

Theres lots of reasons to like the Pats. The Rams are a very talented team. Probably have the most dynamic impact players in the league. It will be a tough game for both teams imo. But it’s not crazy for people to like the Pats.

I have no problem with people liking the Pats, I’m saying TOO many people are on the Pats when either team can easily take this game. 

Fun Fact:

Nearly 80% of all bets were on the Saints in the NFC Championship. Some books would of been crippled if they paid out Saints bettors in that game. 80% on one team is absolutely ridiculous and almost NEVER happens. 

Guess what? Nearly 80% of bets are on the Patriots. Patriots are not winning this football game. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Fun Fact:

Nearly 80% of all bets were on the Saints in the NFC Championship. Some books would of been crippled if they paid out Saints bettors in that game. 80% on one team is absolutely ridiculous and almost NEVER happens. 

Guess what? Nearly 80% of bets are on the Patriots. Patriots are not winning this football game. 

A general rule of thumb I follow for CFB and NFL is fade the public on 65% and above.

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I have no problem with people liking the Pats, I’m saying TOO many people are on the Pats when either team can easily take this game. 

I'll take it a step further. I have no problem with that many people picking the Patriots - after all, they could easily win this game.

But the number of people saying "for the Rams to have a chance.."

Huh?

The Rams were better than the Patriots this year no matter how you slice it. Hell, I could even argue that our playoff wins were more impressive than theirs. The Saints were a better team than the Chiefs, and while the Chargers were better than Dallas, the Patriots had the benefit of their awesome home field advantage, while we beat Dallas up playing on basically a neutral field.

The Pats could definitely win because of Brady and Belichick - but it's pretty crazy how people are acting going into this game. There's not much the Patriots did better than the Rams this year except for a few categories on defense - but when you factor in Talib, our defense was clearly better than theirs. I've witnessed the Rams losing to the Patriots in the Super Bowl despite being clearly better than them talent-wise, so I'm definitely not counting them out - but they're on track to be the most bet on team in Super Bowl history? Wow.

On 1/26/2019 at 6:33 PM, lancerman said:

Patriots heard all season that they were the worst Patriots team in years, that Brady was declining, that Gronk was declining, that this was one of the most undisciplined Belichick teams ever, that Edelman lost a step, that he defense was slow, etc. The Rams have to hear about a blown call that pretty much everyone on the team agrees to. 

Not that it matters really. People are going to find their slight to motivate them regardless. But all year the Rams heard how they were one of the best teams in the NFL and all year the Patriots heard about how they weren't really contenders. 

Also losing last year's SB. That'll no doubt motivate them as well.

Though the Rams also have a bit of motivation from the mass media hysteria over the blown PI call. Not sure if it'll be enough to beat a team playing in their 11th SB (9th under this regime) given their relative inexperience, but it's something.

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

Because it doesnt go both ways right? Jeez people get so butthurt when someone doesnt pick their team to win. They're given examples as to why they're picking which team wins.

Pat's run game has been clicking, rams run defense has been clicking. One of them has to prevail dont they? 

They're only predictions. No need to get upset, and defend every little thing.

Not upset in the least sorry you felt I was. You didn’t change anything I said though. We know they’re run game is very strong right now. Reading that original post would you know our run D was also? No because it doesn’t mention our D right now just how it was weaker early in the season.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

The Rams have a better running game and a more dominant run-blocking line, and the Patriots also don't have a great run defense. The Rams also had the better passing attack this year.

Okay Jrry. I gave reasons why someone might pick the Patriots. You don’t have to get sensitive about everything that isn’t praising your team. There’s plenrt of reasons to like the Patriots in this game...

6 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Okay Jrry. I gave reasons why someone might pick the Patriots. You don’t have to get sensitive about everything that isn’t praising your team. There’s plenrt of reasons to like the Patriots in this game...

The reasons why people might pick the Patriots are Brady, Belichick, experience, and playoff performance this year. All are valid reasons. I called out your invalid reasons. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. xD

15 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The reasons why people might pick the Patriots are Brady, Belichick, experience, and playoff performance this year. All are valid reasons. I called out your invalid reasons. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. xD

You don’t want to be in my kitchen 

14 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Those are likely the reasons why people are picking the Patriots, but there are plenty of more reasons why they could.

• Patriots OL has been consistent and one of the league's best in run blocking and pass pro
  • White/Burkhead catching passes out of the backfield against a LAR defense that struggled against Kamara in the passing game in the NFCCG
  • Goff struggling when he's pressured against a defense that has been able to regularly pressure and hit the opposing QB as of late
  • Questions about Gurley's health and/or abilities seeing his few touches vs. NO
  • Cooks' relative struggling against man vs. a defense that plays a lot of man

19 minutes ago, lancerman said:

You don’t want to be in my kitchen 

I'm eating in your kitchen right now.

Image result for just bring it gif

6 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Those are likely the reasons why people are picking the Patriots, but there are plenty of more reasons why they could.

• Patriots OL has been consistent and one of the league's best in run blocking and pass pro
  • White/Burkhead catching passes out of the backfield against a LAR defense that struggled against Kamara in the passing game in the NFCCG
  • Goff struggling when he's pressured against a defense that has been able to regularly pressure and hit the opposing QB as of late
  • Questions about Gurley's health and/or abilities seeing his few touches vs. NO

Each reason you give here has a counterpoint. I gave you the reasons that don't really have a counterpoint.

4 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

These are good points (although the Rams destroy man coverage and White/Burkhead are nowhere near as good as Kamara out of the backfield), but it is still very odd how many people are picking the Patriots.

Archived