Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs. Patriots - Poll Added!

DigInBoys

Super Bowl LIII  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• Rams
    • Patriots

On 1/20/2019 at 10:22 PM, BlaqOptic said:

Hmmm... Tom Brady and the Patriots go to the Super Bowl against a team with a Young Top 10 QB, a coach who rebuilt the team in less than 3 years, an injured Super Star, and that they happened to beat in the Super Bowl last decade... I've seen this story before. Let's go Rams!

Plus, Tom Brady is Thanos. He cannot get the 6th Infinity Lombardi because then it would throw off the balance. But if he lost to the Rams then it would be balanced because he'd be 1-1 against the Rams and 1-1 against the Eagles.

Still 0-2 against the Giants and Eli B|

I'd love to add Jared Goff's face to the Mount Rushmore of beating Tom Brady in the Super Bowl, but I don't see it happening. I think it may end up similar to last year where it is a back and forth offensive duel with one defense making one play in the end to seal the deal. The x-factor is how 'cute' Sean Mcvay tries to get. I could easily see the Rams scoring 3 or less in the first half because Mcvay outsmarts himself. Overall, I'm going with my prediction from months ago where I said that this feels like a year where Brady and Belichick's experience allow them to beat all these young upstarts on their way to another Super Bowl win. The bad guys win again.

15 hours ago, childofpudding said:

I guess the Rams using scheme and play design to force NE into zone coverage might not be such a bad thing after all....

It's certainly harder for us to get our chunk plays against zone. McVay is able to scheme it open at times, but it's easier to scheme it when we get our M2M 1 on 1s.

55 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Still 0-2 against the Giants and Eli B|

I'd love to add Jared Goff's face to the Mount Rushmore of beating Tom Brady in the Super Bowl, but I don't see it happening. I think it may end up similar to last year where it is a back and forth offensive duel with one defense making one play in the end to seal the deal. The x-factor is how 'cute' Sean Mcvay tries to get. I could easily see the Rams scoring 3 or less in the first half because Mcvay outsmarts himself. Overall, I'm going with my prediction from months ago where I said that this feels like a year where Brady and Belichick's experience allow them to beat all these young upstarts on their way to another Super Bowl win. The bad guys win again.

I doubt that. They could very well stop us in the first half, but McVay isn't the type to get "cute" early in games.

17 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Kamara also did nothing in the passing game after we started jamming him with our DE (generally Suh) when he tried to come out of the backfield.

Except for the most frustrating play of the game...the 3rd and 2 where the Rams D covered everything up, knocked Kamara to the ground....only for him to get up and for Brees to toss the ball to him.

Everything after that happened so fast I didn't have too much time to focus on it, and the Rams winning obviously made me mostly forget about it...but that was so frustrating man. It all developed so slowly and you could see Kamara start to get up and just knew he would get that first down.

5 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Except for the most frustrating play of the game...the 3rd and 2 where the Rams D covered everything up, knocked Kamara to the ground....only for him to get up and for Brees to toss the ball to him.

Everything after that happened so fast I didn't have too much time to focus on it, and the Rams winning obviously made me mostly forget about it...but that was so frustrating man. It all developed so slowly and you could see Kamara start to get up and just knew he would get that first down.

Yep, I remember that now that you mention it. I was angry on that play too. It was a combined failure by our pass rush and LBs. Nobody accounted for him, and Brees had enough time to find him after he got up.

4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

It's certainly harder for us to get our chunk plays against zone. McVay is able to scheme it open at times, but it's easier to scheme it when we get our M2M 1 on 1s.

Yeah. I honestly just don't know what's going to happen Sunday. Hopefully the Pats' D can get the early-NFCCG Goff rather than 4th quarter and OT Goff, who was amazing even under pressure. If that latter Goff shows up for the whole game, the Patriots will only be able to win in a shootout.

3 hours ago, childofpudding said:

Yeah. I honestly just don't know what's going to happen Sunday. Hopefully the Pats' D can get the early-NFCCG Goff rather than 4th quarter and OT Goff, who was amazing even under pressure. If that latter Goff shows up for the whole game, the Patriots will only be able to win in a shootout.

The Pats getting an early lead will be key to this game. I trust the Rams' run D-which shut down Kamara, Ingram and Zeke the last 2 games-to stuff White and Michel more than I trust the Pats front 7 against Todd Gurley and CJ Anderson behind their stacked OL. The Rams run D has been a whole new monster in the playoffs and that could hamper their gameplan a bit as that's pretty much been their bread and butter all throughout the playoffs. However, the Rams are weak in the middle and that's where Brady will be able to do some damage just as Brees did (Kamara was able to gash them with 96 receiving yards while only getting 15 yards on 9 carries).

Basically, if I'm NE, don't let them control the clock and make them win through the air. 

34 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Goff will crack.

He was supposed to the last two games as well. Not saying he won't, but every single game it's the same thing. Take away the run game and Goff will choke. Hasn't happened yet.

I expect dink and dunk to start (Woods over 5.5 receptions ;)) to get him comfortable and then realize it's any other game. Came back strong after first pass pick last game.

Archived