NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread #WinItAll4theHAUL

Phire

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Just re-watched some Rashaan Evans, and I wasn't as impressed as I remembered being with him.

Jeezla 4-3 LB Ranks

1 Tremaine Edmunds

2 Roquan Smith

3 Leighton Vander-Esch

4 Darius Leonard

5 Rashaan Evans/Malik Jefferson

7 Fred Warner

8 Josey Jewell

9  Shaquem Griffin

10 Oren Burks/Micah Kiser

I'd put Jewell is the 5 range above Jefferson and Warner. Both are more gifted athletes, Jewell's the better player. I think Kiser is going to be a stud 3-4 ILB. Reminds me of David Harris.

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I'd put Jewell is the 5 range above Jefferson and Warner. Both are more gifted athletes, Jewell's the better player. I think Kiser is going to be a stud 3-4 ILB. Reminds me of David Harris.

Warner is much better in passing situations (man coverage and potential blitzer) than Josey. Jefferson has stud potential if he can understand the game better.

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Warner is much better in passing situations (man coverage and potential blitzer) than Josey. Jefferson has stud potential if he can understand the game better.

Both Warner and Jefferson have an inherent softness to their game. 

20 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Both Warner and Jefferson have an inherent softness to their game. 

A lot of athletic LB's are more finesse types when they come out because their athleticism is enough to get the job done. Bradham was "soft" coming out too. Ran around guys instead of through them, but the right coaching staff/teammates can help that mentality change. I don't think they necessarily don't like contact, they just haven't learned to love it yet. They aren't allergic to contact like Dion Jordan was at least.

Josey is always to going to be stiff in coverage no matter what his 3-cone is (I have no idea if it's bad or good or if he even did the drill). He has no 2nd gear, lacks suddenness to recover vs NFL talent if he makes the wrong move, isn't really great at anything, average at sifting through traffic, and his instincts aren't good enough to overcome his physical limitations. His ceiling is Paul Worrilow.

Warner and Jefferson have pro bowl potential if they can learn to be more physical vs the run, shed blocks, and obviously improve their recognition of opposing offenses in general.

58 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

nd his instincts aren't good enough to overcome his physical limitations.

100% disagree about his instincts. They're head and shoulders above Jefferson and Warner to me.

1 hour ago, EAGLES3658 said:

What's the scouting report on Jefferson? I watched his game against USC and wasn't impressed. Gonna watch some more of him but nothing stood out. 

He's mostly potential right now. Similar to a less aggressive Zach Cunningham last year. JLash isn't wrong about Josey's instincts being head and shoulders above Jefferson's (Warner I disagree with). He has next to none. He's a project, but an excellent ball of clay. He sounds like a decent kid with at least some intelligence, so there's hope he can eventually understand the game better, but right now he's mostly just an athlete, even if his production points to him being a good player. I'll take that over the robotic Jewell, but it's going to take time to get return on your investment, because he probably goes late round 2, early round 3 due to lack of top end LB talent, but won't really be able to help a team outside of some nickel formations in year 1.

14 hours ago, Jeezla said:

A lot of athletic LB's are more finesse types when they come out because their athleticism is enough to get the job done. Bradham was "soft" coming out too. Ran around guys instead of through them

Eh....Bradham never got the soft label. His biggest knocks coming out were consistency and "athleticism". He was a definite measurables guy that did well at the combine and was actually pretty good as shedding tackles in college (despite you often saying that no LBs know how to shed in college pretty regularly). 

14 hours ago, Jeezla said:

He has no 2nd gear, lacks suddenness to recover vs NFL talent if he makes the wrong move, isn't really great at anything, average at sifting through traffic, and his instincts aren't good enough to overcome his physical limitations.

The fun part about Jewell is that he rarely makes the wrong move or takes a bad angle. He may be an average athlete for the position (no idea how he did at the combine) but he's a very good instinctive LB that probably doesn't have the measurables the NFL is looking for.

6 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Hi guys

We're voting on the Eagles pick at 32 in the draft section. It would be great to have your thoughts and votes. 

Thanks, 

GFW

Right now Guice is the leader at 32....I don't know how I feel about that.

13 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Right now Guice is the leader at 32....I don't know how I feel about that.

That he's BPA?

That's the only justification for a RB or CB at this point. 

I like Ronald Jones and Mark Walton more than Guice, personally.

29 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

This would be a pretty bad board for the Eagles.

I picked Goedart

Gesicki over Goedart ALL DAY!!! lol and i was saying that before the combine im kinda mad he had such a good one cause it vaulted his draft stock lol. Gesicki mixed with ERTZ Tears up LB Cores and Safeties all day. 

Archived